Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Textures question for V1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 10:50
In V1 of FPSC is there a updated method for adding your own textures?

From the posts I saw the current method seems like it's a work around to get our textures in to the levels we create. I'm hoping an easier method was created to assist us!?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 15:59
No additional texture features are added to V1 with regard to the placing of textures on any FPSC object.

Doing so - adding your own textures to FPSC is not difficult at all - its not a work around but the method chosen - to use scripts to control absolutely every aspect of every FPSC object and give the user total control of everything without exception. That is apart from the obvious things which are hard coded into the engine.

As far as textures are concerned there is also in particular the tile factor and scale to fit factor which FPSC uses - everything is designed around the tile based priciple of painting into the level.

I personally would like to see in Editor placement and full control of texture placement, positioning, rotation and so on, however I am not sure how it would fit in with tile based method of construction. I would think it would be a considerable task to change the way FPSC handles textures. If texture control were ever to be given to the user in editor I should think that it may well be a long way off as there are many other priorities and the current method works and is not broken in any way even if it does not suit everyones taste. In fact its not even difficult as said but just a different method of working that does however make achieving adding your own textures somewhat slower to achieve than the more traditional methods of "some" other engines of working directly in Editor.

FPSC is in general an unorthodox game engine piece of software in may ways which is why its so successful at what it is designed to do - it works and works well if you follow the rules.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:11