Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / No Savegame in FPSC V1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 02:20
There will be no Savegame in the FPSC V1! So I guess its time for FPSC underground to start working. Are there any good programmers here???
I really wourld like to know if You courld make a Savegame patch or something...
Its important as hell to me and many others that FPSC has Savegame. The only way to make a Half-life like game is with Savegame support! Please help Me and I will stop crying.

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 02:25
Yeah, no save gammes sucks! Repent! Repent!!!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 02:30
Do You think Its possible with a patch or something to change this?
So We can get Savegame anyway?

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 02:37
FPSC's version of savegames are Checkpoints. It's the same thing.

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 02:48
he means so you can save, close, pick up later, and play from where you left off. this is really a needed function- single player games won't really be commercially releasable until we have a real savegame feature.

Why do today what you could have someone else do?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Visit our site at http://www.freewebs.com/pyramidproductions!
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 03:18
I code every day because it's my job. Once they release V1 I'll take a look at their plugin framework if they don't have a save game feature.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 03:27
Are there any big games with Checkpoints? (I mean famous games)

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 03:54 Edited at: 15th Aug 2005 03:55
Goldeneye rogue agent = waypoints.

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 03:55
Halo and Halo 2...
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 04:28
Splintercell 1,2,3 Time Splitters 1, 2, 3 Lots more.
I still want a save game feature!!! badly!!

temporarely not accepting logo/banner requests.
Maybe next week. sorry. Got a lot to do.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 04:40
Same here.

Treetops and Timber!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 04:40
I played Halo right now! They have checkpoint system. Really great game! By the way can You Place Your checkpoints exactly were You want them???

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 04:42
Yes
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 05:04
Maybe if we ask Merranvo nice He courld make a patch so You can Load and Save the game. He is still the best in FPSC Programming!

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 06:40
Well I guess it wont work! Anyway in Halo You can load checkpoints But I guess You cant do that in FPSC, Right! (I mean if You turn off Your computer You can load a checkpoint)

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 07:22
What do you mean by "well I guess it won't work"? What didn't work? Sorry if this post seems a bit harsh, but this is the best way I could put it.

Anyway, I hope thaqt someone can make a patch or comething that can allow us a save/Load function.

Treetops and Timber!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 07:37
Quote: "He is still the best in FPSC Programming! "

Arnt you forgetting someone? *Looks over tword "the big chair" and raises his eyebrows*

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 12:33
Problems to sleep!(LOL!)
Yeah! A Guy that live East from Ireland!
Now I am going to relax from this for a while and play Live For Speed. I like that Guy!

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 14:03
I know all those famous games have checkpoints But those checkpoints are combined with a save game feature. You see. In FPSC you can have checkpoints, but they won't help much if you close and restart the game Then you will start in the first level again. That's we're the save game feature comes in

Visit PanzerGames here
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 15:23
Like The Nerd said, the checkpoints are useful, but there is not a whole lot of use for them unless you have the ability to save at those checkpoints (or atleast at the end of a level). I really think this should be added in a patch or soon anyway, because it is a rather imporatant addition to just about every game in existance.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 15:53 Edited at: 15th Aug 2005 15:54
Don't get me wrong Jiffy(I don't know if you do). But checkpoints in fpsc ARE usefull like... Lets say you have completed level 5. You got a checkpoint at level 5, then if you die in level 6 you won't go back to level 1. Instead you will go to the checkpoint you placed in level 5. We're it could be cool is that you(As you said), save the gamedata so if you close the game and start is again you would have the ability to load the game instead of going through level 1,2,3,4 and 5 again

Visit PanzerGames here
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 16:01
So why is it only Me That is fighting for Savegame?
If everybody is writing "WE WANT SAVEGAME!" (but in a nice way) The TGC will be tired of lisen to it after a while and maybe they will give us Savegame. (I see no reason why not!)
But dont count on I will do this alone! I am not superman You know!
But if many more ask for Savegame we will have it...
There is one roule that a company never can break!
"The customer is always right"...

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 16:05
We do need a save game option i agree

Love games go to http://www.freewebs.com/halorc
or
http://www.freewebs.com/gamersmad
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 16:49
While I am still part of the current Beta Team I have taken the opportunity to add a feature request to the task list in the Beta Forum for a Save - Load option for FPSC games.

Sorry, I cannot say if the request entered will be taken into consideration by TGC and if so over what time scale or even if it will even be considered at all. Certainly it wont be considered until after V1 release as I am aware but hopefully may be accommodated in some future version if TGC decide it should be so.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 17:27
Saving and loading feature really is a neccesity for FPS'. Especially if you're going to make a very large game with gigantic levels, which is exactly the plans I had for the level design in Portal To Hell. Without saving, no one will bother playing it because they have to re-play the whole thing next time they play.
A save game and load game feature could be done easily with ini-files, but ini's are extremly easy to hack.

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 17:37
Well you wont exactly get gigantic levels in FPSC - but big enough and you could of course have many of them in your game - so a Save - Load feature would be a valuable asset for the product to have for the gameplay reasons as stated as well enhancing the professional appearance of the product itself.

Anyway hopefully FPSC will eventually support the feature.
Dylnuge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 17:51
Ok, I am working on a professional product with FPSC, and it was going to have 30 levels. Unfortunatly, it wasn't supposed to be a 1 or even 2 hour game. Actually, save game is just one of the features I hoped would have been included. I also am missing AVI support and the ability to export levels to DBPro (as a way of peacing them together with a more advanced system). Lets hope we can write plug-ins, cause I have a few simple ones that might work. (Only for AVI though. No idea on how game data is actually stored in FPSC, so no idea on how to save it.)

Tranzerk Technologies Current Project: Action Bum (credit to Raffael Coronelli)
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 18:48
Thanks uman. I guess it means peace friend!
(Alredy smoking the peacepipe as You can see)...

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 19:25
Mr Love,

Well I have just tried to make a helpful suggestion to the developers regarding the Save Load game feature to the benefit of everyone involved I would think - and I always try to do or suggest anything that may be best for the software because I want it to succeed and get better.

Although of course anything that improves FPSC helps me too so its very sensible to do what I can to help get good ideas or suggestions off the ground.

Its unfortunate that some things and there are others too as you know that many would like to see in V1 also wont make it. Honestly its been too big a job to include everything that users and TGC themselves may want to see included. The last days of the users wait for V1 will be spent by TGC finalising the product development and preparing for release.

Stability i.e. improved working product is the only thing really the agenda now and there is still some work to be done - EA users who look back when they get V1 and can remember some of the probs they had with it will find its smoother, faster and in my testing at least I have seen no sign of the serious lagg and FPS drop in specific areas that EA was prone to. Although there are other serious issues that have been also fixed or improved there are also many less known or less critical issues which have been addressed as well as the many additional or improved features and functions.

There is much more to look forward too.

Apart from the addition of Physics and MP - stability has had to be the number 1 issue so that FPSC can go forward and build on that - needless to say you cant build on something thats unstable or any features, functions or improvements added in future would be to no avail.

Lee and the team have been working very hard on this and they will not have been able to achieve any more than that which V1 will have or otherwise you would have it.

In the short term after release I should think everyone will have enough to keep themselves busy and happy...

....blowing al those lovely boxes to bits.

Razorwind
Years of Service
User Offline
umm, Dylnuge, V1 has AVI support as story zones, Lee and others mentioned it around the forum.

---

Reza Kaze

Razorwind
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 19:49
Well. Thats also good news! I have been waiting for that..

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 20:13
Story Zone. It can give some impressive results if used well - I had a glimpse of it in action - really good.

I was impressed and surprised anyway at how good it can be done inside FPSC combining still images, video and sound in a level.

The piece of video "quality" I saw being displayed though of short duration short was impressive to say the least.

Should allow more professional looking games to be made with FPSC - we just have to wait for users to make them.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 20:22
Im' pretty confident you won't be able to patch FPSC - I've never seen it done with any DBPro program before.

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 20:26
Well, the way I'm going to use FPSC is just building an MP game. I'm using another program to do menues, which in turn alows me to have more than one level. I'll post more later.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
one thing you have to remember is this is V1 that allows for V2 V3 maybe even upto V10 is it continues long enough! personaly i feel a save - load game feature is very important however i dont want to wait ages for it (say if it came with V2) pahaps a free download of it a while after V1 has been released so we dont have to wait to get V1 but we will get the save - load game feature before V2. i do feel that we need to in order to make a decent game however.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 23:25 Edited at: 15th Aug 2005 23:26
=ChrisB= , i ve been working on the same thing for a long time!
im using DBpro to do it...what are you using?

but im using it for single player too so i can have alternate sky boxes for each level.

and im packing the media with the program so nobaody steals my media

P.S....isnt there "savegame" and "loadgame" commands in fpi scripting?

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Darth Vad3r
Years of Service
User Offline
If you notice how quickly they added AVI support, I guess they could pull off save game for V1

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 01:57
You'll see in a month or so.

Zerodin
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want the player to be able to save when they want in my games, I want them to be challanged to make it to the next checkpoint.

"Mushrooms, Snakes, and you!" the selfhelp book for badgers
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 21:09
Ahh- hey!!! BULLSHOOK your right! *Glares at "the scripting master* Merranvo!!! WHY havent you figured this out?!?!?!

LoL

Chris D
Years of Service
User Offline
We definately need to give the player the option of save/load game at some point...

Maybe the option of a few checkpoints throughout the level, then the option to save the game on completion of the level, this way there would be very little game data to actually save, with the loaded game simply continuing at the beginning of the next level.

Surely this could be coded quite easily, rather than having save-points within partially completed levels.
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 10:22 Edited at: 17th Aug 2005 10:32
Quote: "Well you wont exactly get gigantic levels in FPSC"

I've been using a method of one way street to make a levelless game
it loads in peices
I first made the outside entrance to the mansion and a side pathway where you get a key to the entrance. you then walk in and it loads the inside. So now i have a huge open mansion hall with a bunch of rooms to enter eventually you'll get a key to go to the basement.when you go to the basement it will load. you'll make your way back up to the Grand hall(which will load) with another key from the basement to open a door previously locked. This will continue through out the game.
uhm if you dont understand that heres what i do really basic

i build two rooms (named #1 and #2)on the first map.
when i leave room #1 and enter room#2 it will go to the loading screen.
Sooo on map 2 there will be two rooms (#2 and #3)
If i were to return to Room #1 it will be on the 3rd map along with room 3

Saving and loading option is a must along with Friendly AI More Advance AI for enemies better animation of characters, ability to see ourselves i look down and i at least expect to see my legs, and smoother enterface...ect.

PM - The time to think and sleep
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 01:12
good news guys...i just read the final version of the manuaL FOR V1, AND savegame and loadgame are still in fpi scripting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 01:33
Awesome!

temporarely not accepting logo/banner requests.
Maybe next week. sorry. Got a lot to do.
Nutbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 22:01
gd glad to hear it, but also u should be able to disable it and have like savepoints were u can choose to save it at certain points. maybe dat could be in V2 or sumthing

Just beacuse i'm blonde, don't meen i'm stupid!
Udder Juice
Years of Service
User Offline
Far Cry has no "save anywhere" feature and relies totally on automatic saves at check points. I'm not saying that I like it, in fact is sucked because that game is brutally difficult, I'm just saying that it is done commercially.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:48:36
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:48:36