Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DBPro & C++ & C# & JAVA & Delphi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello !

I have any Question about DBPro ,
if campare DB Pro with the other language
to make your game such as C++ & C# & JAVA & Delphi

- Advantage and disadvantage ?

- ummm... can DB Pro make BIG game
such as Raknarok, Harry Potter, MAX pyne , Dragonball Z ?

- What commercial GAMES are created by Darkbasic ?

- trend of GAME developer to use DBPro and Trend of
DB Team Plan to Developement Darkbasic ?

Thank you
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 10:35
Advantage = Faster production time
Disadvantage = DB: Large speed difference... DBPro: Lesser speed difference.

- ummm... can DB Pro make BIG game
such as Raknarok, Harry Potter, MAX pyne , Dragonball Z ?

If your good enough yes... o_O but you need patience which is something most people lack...

- What commercial GAMES are created by Darkbasic ?

None in dbpro but the best I've seen for DarkBasic is StarWraith which was sold I think over shareware.

- trend of GAME developer to use DBPro and Trend of
DB Team Plan to Developement Darkbasic ?

DBPro is a basic language... don't forget that... and the Trend to develope darkbasic (I'm not sure what you mean) is to keep updating it I guess... Rich will probably answer that for you... ^_^...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 14:50
In DBP you can make a very advanced game in 6 months beeing the only programmer and it allows a designer to actually code the whole game with some experience. It's also very easy to reuse code from game to game shorten the developement time for every game you make. The disadvantage is that you're not 100% in control of everything. You can however make dlls that your DBP program can use.

Game size is no problem that's up to you how you structure the game. And making games that looks and work like those games are very possible if you're a really good coder and you got some really good artists.

StarWraith 1, 2 and 3 are the ones I remember. Sold both on shareware and CD. All made in DB1 and thus where very limited in power. With DBP the result could have been very different but it's still very fresh and got some bugs beeing taken care of. Patch 4 is comming soon. My game "The Magic Land" will soon be a commercial game, hopefully published and sold in US stores. More info and shots on my site.

Well, there are no famous developers using DBP but I can see that changeing in a few years hopefully. That's really up to the developers as with DBP it's possible. DBP is beeing developed on more or less every day. There are many improvements comming this year that will really turn DBP into a professional tool.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 15:03
DarkBasic Pro is pretty close the native DirectX speed when unoptimised (which happens alot now in newer dev games) ... its more than possible to develop professional quality titles which no one would be able to know the difference of what it was developed on, or atleast it will be.

There are only a few major disadvantages to useing pro, the inability to use compiler options for specific systems - suchas MMX, 3D Now!, x86, nVidia etc... extensions ... as well as speeding up the program by stickin to a 16bit, 32bit or 64bit systems
plugins of engines suchas Karma (aka MathEngine) for producing realisitc physics and such.

also i sure hope the DragonBall Z your on about isn't Boudeki - cause that was the biggest ripp of baby waste i've seen in my life, the only plus side was the modeler did a good job on the characters - apart from that it was a waste of time and money.

DarkBasic and DarkBasic Professional are really like onions, on the top you have a very basic looking languages - but as you learn more and peel away the layers you notice they have got some awesome power underneath

and the best commercial game i've seen is Tito the Bouncing Alien thats just a cool insane game
However Virtual Insanity is also pretty cool

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
sinny
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your Question

if you want to sell your GAME in ASIA
such as Thailand

contact me
My Email
darkbasic@thai.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:19:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:19:28