Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Player stays dead at multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 18:23
do u think its possible to have a player wait for a new round ( like in counterstrike ) till hes respawned again ?

yeah...thats the ticket !
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 21:50
everything is controlled by a script...if your a good scripter, then its possible

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 23:17
Not sure how much scripting will be of help to you in MP games.

As I understand - much control of an MP game and its contents behaviour is going to be overidden by default engine settings in an MP game.

Some entity/object behaviours are restricted and limited in MP mode and there is no user control over that.

As far as I can tell in testing some things are hard coded into the engine so it wont be possible to have quite the same choice of flexibility when it comes to MP as you have with a single player mode game. That does not mean you wont achieve good gameplay as you will - the restrictions on MP games are there to try and ensure that good gameplay is exactly what you will get by removing or limiting the use of any unecessary elements which might slow down your game.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 05:40
in my beta version there is an "arena" setup as well as the normal "my game"...but that might just be for the menus and loading screens...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 13:48
arena setup ?!?!? whats that ?

yeah...thats the ticket !
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 12:59
In V1 in file menu you have a choice when starting a new level to choose between "New" which starts the level as a single player level and makes available all of the features and functions much as you have in EA.

Additionally you have a choice of "New Arena" which starts the new level with the correct features and functions made available for an MP game. Thats what is meant by arena setup.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:30:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:30:20