Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well the few ppl that are working on a game with me started a company and stuff and are currently making games and were gonna be using fps creator v1 when it comes out but wat would be a good way to advertise your game?? beside putting on search engine

nj studios coming soon
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 08:08
Please spell right. And as for how to go about advertising, well... I'd just put an add in your local newspaper, or you could try cerculating fliers. Also, may I reccomend that you read up on starting your own company.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
dude lol who cares about spellin its not 1980 lol! im usin computer language not no proper grammar

nj studios coming soon
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 11:45
I care about spelling, and I'm the one with his finger hovering over the Ban button - get it right, or don't do it at all.

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 15:31
Yes I agree, please spell correctly. It's annoying trying to decipher what people are on about.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 20:10
Yes, thanks Jess. Hey, look, a n00b!!! Kablam!!!

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
wow isnt that a little bogart that your worried about spelling? i mean really you would ban someone for sp3lling?

nj studios coming soon
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 23:20
I'm not born in the 80's and I still care about spelling. I guess you're just one of those ignorant kids who thinks he's cool for leet-speaking. Well, guess what numbnut, you're not! If you want to make a good impression on people, spell correctly!

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 23:43
I often spell things incorrectly, often as I write so much and get some typos creeping in. I do my best to check everything after submitting and go back and correct things as it is difficult to follow posts where misspellings are apparent, which is why many of my posts show they have been edited.

Purposeful incorrect speling is a nusiance to serious readers and serious readers and posters is what all should we wish to encourage.

Banning a poster is a serious matter - though so too would be repeated ignoring of a Moderators request to follow posting rules.

There is quite a lot of this creeping into the forum and I personally would support the Moderator in what would seem to me to be reasonable request.

jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]Banning a poster is a serious matter - though so too would be repeated ignoring of a Moderators request to follow posting rules.

well spelling correctly is a rule? well excuse me then... not to be rude but dont read it if you dont like how i type. i can spell right and i can use big words but abv. is alot easier and makes typing easier. and if you have been doing it since u were like 8 then it tends to keep happening ... like im trying really hard right now not to abv. words like spell what wat and people ppl... its just something that im used to.

nj studios coming soon
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
i suffer from dyslexia

i have problems with spelling grammer and punctuation

would you ban me?

seems a bit unfair
Pickle of Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 03:11
Bad spelling dosen't bug me as much as bad punctuation... there's nothing worse than having to work out "hey im cool because i dont use punctuation haha u all are n00bs and can you give me money plz????"

But seriously, I agree with uman... it's really not all that hard to use simple spelling and punctuation. It's not like we're asking a whole lot of you.

BTW, @crow34: If you really have dyslexia, I don't think anyone's going to ban you. 'course, we have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth, but I like to give people the benifit of the doubt.
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
STOP READING MY POSTS!! plus ur flamming .... so go away

nj studios coming soon
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh temper...

Spelling shouldnt be to bad infact it isnt realy. However anoying people, which you are doing via your spelling, and disobaying mods, they are telling to to spell correctly, is a 'crime'
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
why would i have to spell right... if i wanna spell like H3y
Wh/-\ts Up Ppl I Am Juzt chill3n.... i could no crime againts that...everyone is taking this a little to serious ... and stop flamming!! omfg man ...really i asked a question so stop posting about spelling

nj studios coming soon
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 18:59
Dude, people will take your posts seriously and stop flaming if you could learn to spell right! Serisouly, is it that hard to take some time to make your posts readable instead of making them leet-speak?

As for your question, you could start out by putting an ad in the local newspaper as Chris B. said. If there are a lot of gamers at your school, you could put up some fliers on the billboards or something.

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 21:51
please...none of this :

H3y ppl n stuff i createD a G4m3 and t`s really Fun with shootin evrythin n pieces *lol* ... u gotta play th1s imm3diatly plz...oth3rw1s3 my br4inz poppin`outta my h3ad lol ...

Dont take it too hard ^^
to me , i am german and i only learned correct british english.

yeah...thats the ticket !
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 22:22
Yes, temper temper! But at least TRY to spel correctly. Bad punctuation is my worst nifgtmare (except for horny purple unicornes, ugh!!), so be nice to me!!

jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
i respect mr flowerkohl cause he said it nicely an didnt flame. thats all i was looking for

nj studios coming soon
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 23:04
Oh man, this thread backfired...

I don't really care about other peoples spelling. As long as I understand what they are trying to say, it's no problem.
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But at least TRY to spel correctly"
Quote: "my worst nifgtmare "

oh no! not you to chris b!

lol
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 01:51
NOW PLAY NICE KIDS!!!
@pjb21
DONT YOU MEAN TWO!

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES!
I DONT THINK IT MATTERS UNLESS YOU MEAN TO SPELL LIKE CRAP!
lETS ALL JUST FORGET THIS THREAD UNLESS YOUR ACTUALLY GONNA HELP THE GUY!!!

@#$%, There should be a DANG rule for FLAMING PEOPLES THREADS and and GOING OFF TOPIC. OMG!! OMG!!

wowee I get mad sometimes guys.

temporarely not accepting logo/banner requests.
Maybe next week. sorry. Got a lot to do.
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
im sure we could all give him basic spelling and grammar pointers...
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 11:56
jeff o man5444,

I understand if you want to abbreviate, however, it is not necessary on a forum. You do not need to type a quick reply like on a messenger client. You have enough time to look over your post. A bit of abbreviation to make things easier is fine, but still try to keep it to a minimum.

SirRoss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 13:29
Haven't we all gone a little off topic now, and just started repeating whats already been said? I think it's time just to let this post fall slowly into the mists of dead postdom.
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
well right now idc what the mod says because its not against the rules to spell and not puncuate. also mods are supposed to keep the boards clean not correct me on spelling and puncuation. really come on youll ban me for spelling OMFG lol what kinda crap is that. i think your a little to bored and need someone to pick on no offense.

nj studios coming soon
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you know what i believe? If you dont like it, don't be here. Spend five seconds looking through your posts will save us all some suffering. Spelling correctly is not, i believe, enough to get you banned. But ignoring a mod, and ignoring other people's opinions on the forum, is. It ain't that hard.
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
i hate flammers this post is closed havent you read.... it faded away...dead...come on.

nj studios coming soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:14