Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Windows NT and DirectX and DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 16:51
What possible reason is there for Microsoft not writing a version of DirectX for Windows NT?

I only say this as I am on my own at work today - everyone else is skiving. Got no work to do and surrounded by loadsa PC's all running NT.

I could then install DBPro and write games at work when the bosses aren't here!
I love it when a plan comes together
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 17:10
i remeber when i had windows NT, damn OS! couldn't play most of my fav games, i couldn't definately run dark basic well, i guess NT was focussed on serious business.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 17:25
NT 3.51 - Dx 2.0
NT 4.0 SP3+ - Dx 3.0 (it is capable of SDK 7.0 thou)
NT/Win 2000 - Dx 9.0

it is annoying but NT was the business network edition of the Win9x's and they took away alot of things to keep compatibilty as high as possible.
it runs OpenGL beautifully thou

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 18:24
We are happy keeping NT as we run lots of web servers and databases and NT is so stable that these machines run 24 hours a day without ever crashing (or until some b*****d attacked us with that SQL slammer worm and caused chaos!)

Suppose I'll keep on using MAME and play some old games like pacman, frogger, and get some ideas for retro comp.

Not even started a game yet as I am still playing with all the commands (and boy are there a lot of them)

Gronda, Gronda

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:07:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:07:12