Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Tutorials...Please post

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 18:22
Hi !
Could someone please post a tutorial on how to :

+ Create own floor platforms ( especially own texture on it )
+ Own Doors
+ import Own models
+ And of course the HUD. How this works.
Thanks

yeah...thats the ticket !
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 19:09
Yeah I could use those too
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 21:41
lets all use those if they exist "i want to believe"

yeah...thats the ticket !
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
floorsegments are relativly straightforward to 'make' they should all be the same size else it wont work so u dont need a 3D software creator. you get the texture and add your own images n the spaces. if you are unsure where the spaces represent seperate the texture area into 4 places all different colors and use that. that will give you an idea if you dont already know. use paint or something similar. next get the correct size for the texture and copy and paste an image or draw your own to use. this should be done fairly easily but it depends. next when you go to use a floor tile simply re-texture in in the options section under texture i think.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2005 02:13
Well, huds are easy. You need a .TGA image. If you dont have a program to convert your pic(ex. photoshop) to a .TGA, you can find a free trial of Paint Shop at jasc.com. I'm not sure how large your .TGA image should be, but you can mess around with that. To make your image a hud you have to go into the build game options and find where it says global options. Click that and find where it says HUD(or something like that). Click the 3 little dots at the right, find your .TGA file and press open. Next to where it says HUD(or somthing) the path to your image should be there. That should be it.

If you have a questions just ask. Hope this helps,
MaddA ChieF

temporarely not accepting logo/banner requests.
Maybe next week. sorry. Got a lot to do.
Shigidy Wigidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 20:54
I'm a visual person so if its not to rude to ask can someone make a video of how they do stuff.

[email]http://acprodctions.bravehost.com/index.html go to it if you want
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 21:06 Edited at: 21st Aug 2005 21:36
[nevermind]
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 22:44
I'll throw one together for importing of models... But I cant promis it'll work.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 23:28
There exist somewhere in this forum detailed explanations of how to texture segments - that will cover walls both inside and out and both floors and ceilings. Explanations cover how to get different textures on each and every face of a room.

They exist I know because I posted them way back so a search for wall and floor or wall and ceiling segments should return something of interest unless the posts have been removed or deleted.

Unfortuneately, many useful posts get lost over time and there is apparently no cataloging as such for various topics which could be easily found again. Search is your best option I guess.

Of course many useful informative posts often get mixed up with information about other topics as posters mix the topics even contained within one post so that a post title is often not very descriptive of its contents.

In each case in the original post here there is no better way in any case to learn how to do what you want than to study the default FPSC objects and their associated files and see how they are used by the program. If you want to learn - the best way is to experiment your-self except that its a longer process than a detailed tutorial, but once learned you are less likely to forget.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 07:25
I'm thinking I should start a site that has some of the usefull posts that people can go to for help instead of asking a question over and over. Do you guys think that would be a good idea?
guerilla
Years of Service
User Offline
yeaa, that would be a very good idea!

CCC-GAMES
Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 20:31
Yeah, a website were all tutorials can be put together is a GREAT idea!

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"
Firewood
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a video 7 min tutorial on the following link.

http://forum.moddb.com/thread/9523/

Its a little bit old. From oct. 2004. But i think you can use it anyway.

Never say a question is stupid. Questions not ask are stupid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:28:07