Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / painting program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 23:25 Edited at: 29th Nov 2005 23:42
I made this for myself, because I had an idea about dynamic brushes. The brushes move and change in randomized ways. Use the mouse to paint. Controls are on the keyboard. Change the size and shape of the brush. Change the color setting. Help is included. Several canvas sizes are possible, up to 1024x768. You can also paste images with black transparent, load backgrounds, and save images. There's an autopilot setting that lets the brush paint on its own, or you can paint with it for different effects. Its 1.2MB download, made with DBP.

http://www.awfuldarkforest.com/scribble.html

Here's an example of a tilable texture:

Awfuldark Forest
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2005 23:18
looks good good to see someone's made a decent texture program
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 19:29
Thanks pro g r amer.

Meanwhile, causing confusion, I changed the name of the program to Scribble Master. Look here for more information:

http://www.awfuldarkforest.com/scribble.html

The download page is still here:

http://www.awfuldarkforest.com/download.html

I added some things to the pattern maker - controls to reset the red, green and blue, and the ability to set the density from 1 to 10. So, now there are lots of new possibilities. I reorganized the keyboard controls in the painter to make it more intuitive.

Awfuldark Forest
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 23:20 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 19:25
Scribble Master 1.3a (the a is for "probably has some bugs")

Sorry to be waking up this old thread. For some reason, I seem to be continuing to work on this program. I added some gadgets, thanks to Darkside's excellent .dlls. There is now a floating task bar, so you can mouseclick commands as well as keyboard shortcuts. Lots of other improvements - including a floating color picker (no longer limited to 5 metallic colors), more canvas choices, 3 levels of blurring, quick save option.

Other than that, it's still useless, experimental, and strange. It may only be of interest to people with a limited social life and a desire to doodle. 1.3 MB download. If you're updating, you don't have to bother deleting the old one.

Awfuldark Forest
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 16:04
This program is great fun.

It's got a cool blend of control and chaos.

Here's a texture I made in the first ten minutes of playing with it.
It's not brilliant, but I thought I'd show it to you anyway.

I might be using it wrong, but I might suggest making the colour pallette always available, instead of having to summon it whenever you need it.

Having the brushes on hand would be cool too.

Just some suggestions if you're going to keep on working on it.

Nice.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 19:46
Quote: " This program is great fun. "

Thanks transient - nice texture

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate suggestions.

The problem is that I want the program to work at full screen size with no loss of canvas to menus. The menus are actually different screens, which makes for a little inconvenience, but keeps them off the canvas. I use the return key to summon the color picker.

Awfuldark Forest
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2005 02:47
Quote: "The problem is that I want the program to work at full screen size with no loss of canvas to menus. The menus are actually different screens, which makes for a little inconvenience, but keeps them off the canvas. I use the return key to summon the color picker."

That's fair enough. Menus can get in the way.

Artrage has a similar way of doing things, might be worth checking out.

harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2005 01:46 Edited at: 28th Nov 2005 20:56
Quote: "Artrage has a similar way of doing things, might be worth checking out."

Very nice program, especially if you have a drawing tablet, and free too. Thanks.

I added an eye dropper, tracing paper, a new skin and buttons, and brush sizes on the task bar (scribble Master 1.4a).

Awfuldark Forest
Bush Baby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 22:42
Cool!

We will take over the world!
Let our reign begin, CHARGE BUSH BABIES!
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2005 15:48 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2005 16:00
Glad to see your still working on this.

I like the changes you made, definitely an improvement. The eyedropper is a welcome addition.

This is a really fun program, thumbs up from me.

harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 23:56
Quote: "I might be using it wrong, but I might suggest making the colour pallette always available, instead of having to summon it whenever you need it.
"

Okay. I built a new menu with xblite, as a way of learning xblite. This is much better. Also, other improvements and functions.

the manual:http://www.awfuldarkforest.com/scribblemanual.html

Awfuldark Forest

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 06:35:18
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 06:35:18