Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Trigger spots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I am cuyrrently trying to make a simple level to see how it will work and I want to have a rea where if I walk into it, a light will go away. Just say I have a white light in a corner, I want it to happen like this: I walk into the corner and the light go away and it gos dark(not a fade or anything)(The lightbulb itself, not a 3D object going away). I also want a sound to play. I have the sound file but I need to figure out how to make above work. If anyone could help, I really could use it. Thank you.

Ediseye
Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 12:42
To play the sound it's very simple:
You open the "Markers" tab and select the "Sound Zone" (blue box).
You place it where you want the sound to happen.
You right-click on the box to edit it.
There you'll see you can change the sound you want to hear in the section called... well... "Sound"

I can't help you for the light effect, sorry...

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help on the sound.............

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TRIGGER A LIGHT OFF WHEN YOU WALK INTO A CERTAIN AREA???

Thanks for all the help in advance. I really need it on this one(as I said before)

Ediseye
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 21:52 Edited at: 25th Aug 2005 21:53
its easy

place a trigger zone to where you want the light to turn off, right click on the trigger zone, thentype in the name of the light in the ifused zone (or activeated or something) then right click on your light and set it to dynamic(green)

[edit]

oh ya, and the trigger zone has a place for a sound...select your sound in the trigger zone when you right click...that way you can do it with just a trigger zone instead of a sound zone as well..

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
THANK YOU BULLSHOCK!!! It now works and thank you for the help. Do you know of a site where I can get some sound effects that will scare someone when the light turns off and stuff? I need some free ones. I search Google and Yahoo! and I did not find anything. Thank you again.

Ediseye
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, now I need to know: Can you use the trigger spots to turn off multiple lights??? I have been trying it and it is not working. Just wondering if anyone else tried it and it worked. Thanks!

Ediseye
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
you could be sloppy and make trigger zone over trigger zone puts thats just cause i dont know scripts
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 06:00
Go to findsounds.com
Tell me if it helps, ok.
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
gly, I tried that and it didnt work. Oh well. I'll be satisfied with one light going off.

Madda, it helped a little. Thanks for the site.

Ediseye
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 05:22 Edited at: 27th Aug 2005 05:23
Your welcome.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 08:36
no...you can make it turn off all the lights you want...just rename the lights to the same name that the triggered light has...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:42:08
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:42:08