Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / can you drop the license for ea.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 05:40
As far as i can see everyones gunna wanna perchase your version 1.0 because of improved ai and physics. Even i will perchase it as long as its under 1000$ dollars us.

But i think if we perchased ea we should get to do whatever with it. Else this should have been free to the public in the first place. I bought ea thinking it had physics and stuff realizing afterwards that it didnt and it had a splash logo. I am deeply disappointed by that facter cause i feel like i bought a program that has no benifits.....it realy doesnt. Im thinking about wiping it off the hard drive to free up some space. As far as i can see. your demo is a mess around game.....so why bother buying ea at all.

at least make an update available to get ride of that splash logo and even charge something for it if ya like. Id buy it. Its like buying a car without the tires.....and if the tires arnt for sale then the car is worthless....
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 06:37
If you bought EA, you get Version 1 for free (other than shipping and handling)
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 07:13
but you can get the online download for free

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 07:46
Yup! Or, you can be like me and already have it !

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 08:22
oh.......more information on the main web sight would be more helpfull as well....
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 08:30
Is this new version 1.0 going to load my ea levels i have already created? And is it going to have a online version i can just download instead of getting a box set.......cause i cant stand to wait for things in the mail.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 09:50
No offence, but all of this can be found both on the website and everywhere in the forums. There will be a download version, but strangly to access it you have to pay for the shipping and handling and get the box anyway. But as for it should be free (considering it has a license), did you think about the models? Or the time put into it? Or the sounds? V1 will have no license, and still be (slightly) less than EA (although apparently us EAers will get something in return considering the price differece (but I for one don't really care, because I think I got a quality program early)). Your EA maps will be able to be imported, but if you want physics in those levels, you will need to assign weights to the entities already in the level (to my knowledge). Just to remind you, by only pay P+H you get physics, multiplayer, improved AI, improved sounds, improved everything. Sure, we can't sell EA games, but the point is we WILL for V1.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 09:57
Yea, It'll load the EA levels. Stupid me, I deleted all mine .

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 10:48
omg.. I thought you'd get the V1 online download for free if you already bought the EA version. That's why I wanted to buy the EA anyway, so that I could mess around with that before getting V1. Let me get this straight: you'd still have to pay the shipping and handling? For me it's hard as I have to keep asking people if I can use their Paypal or Mastercard.
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 12:15
Oh I see, you can choose between a free download AND the boxed version + download. Jiffy's reply confused me a bit.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought EA yesterday. I don't see why it should be free, the company spent a long time developing it.

If you bought EA and then get V1 at no extra cost, then with V1 made commercial games, how would you like it if someone came along and said your games should all be free!

Ugh... freeloaders, they get everywhere.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 13:43
Sorry to be confusing...

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 17:26
Quote: " Oh I see, you can choose between a free download AND the boxed version + download. Jiffy's reply confused me a bit."

Its his job .

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 18:05
Quote: " I bought EA yesterday. I don't see why it should be free, the company spent a long time developing it.

If you bought EA and then get V1 at no extra cost, then with V1 made commercial games, how would you like it if someone came along and said your games should all be free!

Ugh... freeloaders, they get everywhere."

Ok now I'm confused... Anyway I have no problem with paying 50 bucks or more but as I said earlier I don't have Palpal or a credit card, so for everything transaction I have to ask people. Maybe It's because I'm Dutch but your reply doesn't make sense to me. And could someone please clear the V1 issue up?
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Gizmogaga, my reply was to the original poster SMD_3D Interactive.

The V1 deal is this, you buy EA and you get V1 free when it's released later next month. You will be charged a small shipping fee if you want V1 on CD. If not then it will be free to download by those that buy it or who have bought EA.
RegenProZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Little Lost Here...

And EA is...?!

---------
How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 18:51
Quote: "can you drop the license for ea"

No.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 19:16
yeah but i had no idea that v1 was for free. If it wasnt then ea would be usless like i said earlier

Ea is unable to make a sellable game and it sorta doesnt have alot of options towards what you can do with the title and intros.
the fact that you can not go back or save your levels inspires me to make my own fps creator.....hahaha and ill use dbpro to program it.

And ya i can give it away for free....hahaha
and for as far as an exe goes i will have an editor that will create a script for an exe file you can rename to whatever your game is....and the exe will execute the script being the game you just created.
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 05:14
lol to past posts here

and to clear up V1 issue, if you purchased EA you will be able to download V1 after the transaction and begin that night(hopefully if servers dont go down) and you will also receive a boxed copy with a manual in the mail. you must only pay shipping and handling if you bought EA. this is effective for 60 days after the release of the V1, after that you must pay for a copy of V1 at full price. all who payed for EA and upgrade to V1 will be given a set of models by TGC for free to compensate for the extra amount paid before exchange rates flucuated.

if you have not bought the EA you will have the option of buying the free model set issued to EA users. TGC plans to release several enhancments including models of different themes, or genres, if you will. i do believe that non-EA users are not able to download the program after purchasing, and must wait until they recieve their boxed version before begining to have ultimate fun with what is known as FPS CREATOR!!!

please tell me if im wrong anyone, thank you

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 14:06
so can't just buy EA now and get V1 free as a download on the 22nd of September, without paying shipping & handling? Because I'm not interested in a boxed version, a download is good enough for me.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 21:45
personaly i think fpsc isnt going to be so great. Reason being is everyones gunna be making fps games..... the gaming market is much more then just fps's. Im looking to attack it all.

cheers loyal dbpro fans.
the only program you should ever perchase for easy game creating is dbpro.
nothing else created will beat it unless its a newer version of dbpro. fpsc is just a toy and no more.....
even with the addition to pysics and better ai.....well id still rather be able to be more versitile then that.

(My opinion of coarse)....im gunna stick with my dbpro.
fpsc.....waste of time and money
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 21:50
last saying:

maby fpsc is good for messen around. But id rather make it all myself. So Buy fpsc v1.0.... but dont expect to have much different games from eachother. You may beable to load other models being your own....but even doom 1 and doom 2 could at least save your progress. For those times id say doom 1&2 will still be better then fpsc creations. Maby not graphics wise....but story mode and versitile....yes

l8er and have fun making the same game as every body else...lol
Pickle of Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 22:20
Quote: "So Buy fpsc v1.0.... but dont expect to have much different games from eachother."

Yessir...
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 22:27
@SMD_3D Interactive:

Then get out of teh FPSC forums.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 23:12
Quote: " Little Lost Here...

And EA is...?!"

Early Adopter Ver

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:12
Man I'm stupid, sorry if I bothered anyone with my ignorance. Anyway I ordered FPSC EA today and hoping to download it early next week. Can't wait to start on my project. I already have the models, textures, sounds and music. Oh and check the attachment, a pretty cool background I made and I'm going to use for my game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:31
I could make something better.
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:40
of course you could, i forgot to add the words "if I say so myself"
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:56
He stil can.

IMAGE 02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 02:05
some people are just not happy, i cant belive you are winging the way you are when the boys at TGC have worked so hard to make sure EA'rs dont feel ripped off, i think your a arrogant spoilt brat..

IMAGE is EVERYTHING
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 05:19
Now now children, musent be mean. But yea, why are you bad-mouthing TGC's hard work?

@Rich:

Please can I be a mod? PLEEEASE?!

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 14:29
@ IMAGE 2 Who are you talking to?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 23:10
eh.....ill buy vr 1.0 anyways.....but i guess it should be interesting. I do like the easy controls of programing it.....i was just having a bad day when i wrote some of that other stuff.

Im even more ticked off about collision detection on dbpro....cause it doesnt work. At least not for 3ds objects unless you make a dumb collision box wich does no good on a half rounded wall.

anyways.... ea is pritty interesting and i do look forward to seeing what else they come up with.

sorry for bein a retard......thats just who i am.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 00:22
Quote: "He stil can."

Yes I still can and you know it.
I say, if you don't like TGC, than don't be a customer. Go find some other really expensive game engine to whine about. We don't need any more trouble here.

LEAVE or STAY (and stop whining)
please.
IMAGE 02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 00:01
if you want good collison and fast detection try nuclear gloerys ng collision its really comprahensive

IMAGE is EVERYTHING
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 03:53
actually i finaly read some stuff on dbpro....haha i usualy never read anything...
got the detection thingy worken...

to end this stupid dumb forum ive started ill say this:

dont drop the ea license cause the v1.0 is free of anykind....after buying ea

humm.... i do question why we hafta get a boxed version however? Im guessing that the download version that will become available will only be good for 30 days untill you put the store bought cd in .....hummm......what ever.
if so it would still be worth the wait.

physics must be realy hard to program.... im no mathematition....but im wondering if theirs any info on the net on programing physics?....anybody know?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 16:50
Yes. Search on google.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 04:28
ahhhhhh....

i own v1 now and its insane
physics is totaly cool

i was messing around making rooms that you had to pick up objects and throw them threw windows.....lol

anyways.....anybody reading this...."fpsc v1 is sweet" and is worth buying. If i do make some cool games from it i will probly put them on my websight for free download... i almost feel like im cheating the system if i try to sell my games made from it.....cause it will take no effort at all to create a game....wich is very cool.

wow multiplayer support too!!!! i had no idea it was gunna have that..
how exciting...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 09:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 09:24:40