Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment Material Types?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 19:48
I had asked this question shortly after the EA version was released:

Quote: "I want to assign a different "sound when walking over" to my user created ground types, ie snow and leaves. I have figured out the setting to change the sound, but my user created ones will not play. I have renamed them to default names and they play fine, so I know it's not my sound files. This is what I have found out so far...

Inside the .fps file, under Segment Parts, is the materialindex0 = X entry, this changes the sound for each segment, when walking over it. It refers to the materials folder in the audiobank folder for each material type 1-4, and another one without a # named goo.

I have tried naming my snow sound file 5snow.wav, and pointing the entry to materialindex0 = 5, that doesn't work. I also tried using the full path to the file, no luck either Is there a setup script that has to be updated with my added materials? Or is this something that will not work until we have the segment editor?

Thank you"

Lee had graciously replyed with this:

Quote: "Only the pre-set ground sound types are supported for EA. In V1 this material list will at the very least extend 0 through to 9 so you can add five custom ones. At best, a user configurable list that you can set-up per game. Watch the V1 space!"

Is this still on the agenda for V1, or has it already been incorporated and working with the beta?

Thank you

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 22:04
ya its there....its just like the muzzle flash...you can create a new folder and call it 6...then out your own media...

but the good news is that snow and stuff is already built in.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 23:02
Good to hear!

Thank you for your reply

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:34:32
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:34:32