Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Turning off the background music/sound through a script?!??? Any answers guys?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 23:21
Hi All,

Does anybody here know how to shut off a looping sound in FPSC?
I've used both the loopsound & also the music.
Considering that these keywords are actions here.. Im' assuming that I'll need to change the STATE variable in the appear1.fpi file in order to accomplish this.. I wanted my own music for my game without the usual generic sounds loading everytime I compile a test-game! I did what the manual said to do with making a sound work using an entity and then attaching the script in the AI-main field.
This didn't work!! I ended up having to place the script code in the Initialize field of FPSC in order for a background music to start up.. Now I want to be able to shut it off through a script file. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank\'s for your kind help!

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 14:49 Edited at: 27th Aug 2005 14:52
Depends on when or in what circumstances you want to switch it off I guess?

I cant remember off hand - does the loop sound (3D) command utilise "number of loops" - infinate or otherwise?

Actually - what I do is I use an invisible entity (simple invisible, passable cube) with its own script to play 3D lopping sounds or other sounds where I want them - I dont use the Sound Zone for instance. So I have better control I recon of where and how sounds play.

Dr Who
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 15:25
You got a script that can show me this in better detail?

Best Regards,

DoctorWho...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 15:44
Well I got one but is somewhere on one of the many backups on CD of FPSC I have.

I have not used or had FPSC EA installed since starting BETA testing and have spent the last couple of months doing that alone -so all the maps I had previously made with EA are filed away.

Now that BETA testing is over and I have a final RC3 version of FPSC which I am about to put through its paces I will be also testing out the possibility of re-openeing my previous EA developments in this version in an attempt to prepare the compatibility of my previous game development stuff for use in V1. (wish me luck I will need it)

In any case the script file needed would not be difficult for you to make up.

You need make a simple script file with a player proximity command and loop (3D) sound command - thats all it needs really. If you look at default script files for entities that have those commands included - you can cut and paste the sections you need out and place them in your new sound object control file.

Door and switch script files should contain all the info you need, The only addition you would need is to find the exact actual play 3D sound command from the manual and replace or amend the one copied from a door sound one say - which would not be relative to 3D sound. Then you end up with a true 3D sound which works on player proximity and loops to your specification...or thats the theory anyway.

Works for me as Lee would say.

If I find the script (my one) I will let you have it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:54:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:54:31