Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game Protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, just want to get all your thoughts on how to implement game protection into games create with V1 for when selling them.

Is this something that the developers of FPS Creator will be developing a product for us to buy from them or are we in a dilema
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 21:39
I was about to post something like this. At this moment our files are exposed so they can be modded or stolen. A ".pak"-alike file type would be nice to see, so when you compile your game you'll have something like:
- yourgame.exe
- maps.pak
- sounds.pak
- models.pak
- settings.ini << WE WANT MENU & OPTIONS!!
- other files

Of course, the "pak" files would be only joint files with an offset list at the beginning so the program would know "where" to find the resources inside the pak files.

Names are not final.
Pickle of Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 22:23
Personally, I wouldn't mind if people can mod my game, as this can increase popularity... so what we need here is something like a key or serial number. I'll do some digging on Google...
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 22:25
Use installcreator pro.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Pickle of Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 22:29
From the Clickteam Install Creator page:
Quote: "with the possibility to protect a version with registration codes"

Never knew that. At $150, it's a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for I suppose...
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Agreed Diskun, something like that would be useful to make resorce hacking difficult.

I was more meaning a registration system for selling games though, Clickteam's Install Creator Pro has been cracked so that hardly inspires confidence in it.

What language(s) has FPS Creator been written in?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 23:36
yes, a bit too pricey for me.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:00
Not for limewire .

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 00:22
FPSC should have an "Encrypt attached media" option like DBPro IMO.
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 06:13
Quote: " Use installcreator pro."
Not when you have to distribute your game. I mean: Look at the generated files when you compile! You have a resource folder and every file you used in your game is inside, fully accessible to anyone. Would you like your beloved models & textures, which took you hours to make, to be available for everyone to use like that? Or would you like that someone changed the intro image so instead of "Made by ChrisB" it reads "H4CK3D by Teh L4M3R!!"?

At least it should be a way to use custom file formats. I mean even only change the file extensions so they are not so evident.

Installation is not a problem, there are hundreds of different packers out there. Just use the one that fits you better.

Names are not final.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi JimB, the "Encrypt attached media" option sounds like a great idea perhaps it will be implemented as an update or patch for V1, I figure we need something urgently though an am thinking along the lines of a kind of wrapper.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 11:04:52
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 11:04:52