Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I make like a jetpack in stead of the jumping function? Then if you button you keep gaining altitude and if you let go you fall! And it whould be great if you could only go a certain height and if your jetpack runs out of power after a certain time, then you need to land and recharge.
Cheezermega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 05:35
i guess it may be possible to edit the main guys script to do so but i'm not the man to help you sry, but it would be a really kool idea, and do you no wat else we need some one to make some good montains, hills, water and tree objects too, infact we need a web site that has just stuff for the fpsc to bad all the one out there r crapy. but hey if you guys submit your stuff to me i'll put it on my site i have unlimited upload space and my own server so send them to me at cheezermega@gmail.com or cheezermega@hotmail.com and for my site click [href]www.cheezerzone.tk[/href]

for cool just about every thing goto www.cheezerzone.tk
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 02:57
ASA ^^

Cheezer, did you just call my site crappy? I may be running off of proboards, but I have content, it is easy to get to, and it works. Now you define "Crapy" tell me, what are you talking about?

And what the heck type of hosting do you have... if you have "unlimited upload space" then you really shouldn't be pop-up mania. or Pop-unders, overs, and sides.

okay... you can do this with lifts... BullShox shoot's merranvo... mabey some tinkering... mabey After I GET V1, I can get something going on.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 13:24 Edited at: 10th Sep 2005 13:26
You may be able to achieve this - at least it looks like you might in theory so perhaps Merranvo will be kind enough to put the script together for you some time later.

Really it would be helpful if he had his ONKEY function so I add my support for Merranvo and others there now so that we can more easily have the jetpack.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 23:34
After I get V1...
AND if I do get in scripting, you might have to start picking off of my site... Sorry, but as my Internet Connection via modem is on and off, I can't load these fourms without waiting a hell of a long time...

Cheezermega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 23:44
i did not mean to call your site crappy, i use some of the scripts from it, and if u wanna make a small web site thats not on proboards, i can host it for u free, u can link a .tk to it all have to have is a small banner at the bottem that says the cheezerzone.com on it, u wont have any pop up spy ware, adware or any thing else. message me if u wanna talk more, and we can talk about that ad, u no what forget the ad, i will give it to u adless.
thanks
-cheezer

For Any thing you would ever want on the internet goto www.cheezerzone.com
Cheezermega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2005 05:54
what do ya say

For Any thing you would ever want on the internet goto www.cheezerzone.com
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Merranvo, please tell me you got v1 and that you did'nt fall out of a window bumping your head at every possible place, and by doing that you lost all youre knowledge of scripting?

STOP LOOKING AT MY STUPID SIGNITURE!!! So youre still loking, huh?..... STOP IT! I could'nt think of anything better!
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Merranvo, out of curiosity, are you working on a a game for your own?
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
I think his games should be exelent!!!

STOP LOOKING AT MY STUPID SIGNITURE!!! So youre still loking, huh?..... STOP IT! I could'nt think of anything better!
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
If his leveldesign is as good as his scripting skills, then John rmoero should be looking behind his back.
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah! Actually valve,siera,ea games,ubi soft etc. too!

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 22:12
LoL... yeah... I was currently working on a MultiPlr, I have a general lvl design, just was trying to get FPSC to stop acting like an IDIOT!!!

Here, I'll upload the map and segments for general opinonating...

The Level it self is rather simple, small, but it is made so that you have to be sholder looking all the time. Which is just what I want in a Multi-Plr Arena... Sniper Heaven while the street battles occur.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 22:23
I like theory though...

:plrusingaction=1,noraycastup=100 110:moveup=2
:noraycastup=0 -10:moveup=-1
::followplr

although this may not work... it is a theory post, and as I say alot of the time, I like theory... you press enter, and as long as there is room you move up. you release enter and you fall down... if there are errors let me know and I'll get the thing in debug.

DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi merranvo! Sorry for sounding stupid it's just that i suck in every aspect of scripting! If this works,is there a certain place i have to put this script in (after i changed it to an fpi)?

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 23:43
on a lift, desk, any entity with a standing surface...

DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
OH! Okay thanx! Youre a genius!

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 01:32
k

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 04:10
Merranvo,

Recently when we discussed two way lifts that I was working on I noticed that If no lift top was available in a level then the player could move upwards on the lift platform almost indefinately and look back down on the level - (interseting) - so as long as control to move back down can be given to the scenario it seems that jetpacks and alike could indeed work.

just a general comment.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 05:04
I did something like that before...you can turn off collisions in test game. I did, jumped... let it do it's thing for an hour, came back, turned it on, and listened to the best scream ever!

Strangly enough, it didn't kill me.

===GIL===
Years of Service
User Offline
Monster just came out with his new jetpack enitity. (4 bux is kinda worth it)
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 07:08
hmmm...it might have had something to do with this thread...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah the things Merranvo tries to give us for free, some other person takes the idea and actually makes profit of it. Although I am guilty of buying the other packs, I will sit this one out. Every other day a new pack comes out, then the bundle pack. Ahh well.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 14:15
There seems to be more people working on packs and the FPSC source than games.

Monster's jetpack looks cool though.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 04:27
Yeah... these are the types of things that happen. But monster is at least earning his worth by MAKING somthing practical. 4$ packs are cheap compared to most other packs, so I support him. I am just question wheither the models he sells are converted to lower polys or created as lower polys.

I know he is trying to make a profit, but none the less, he is at least returning something.

DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 21:49 Edited at: 8th Oct 2005 21:50
I think he totaly got that idea here!
I might be wrong but it's just to much of a coincedence to be his own scripting idea... Does he give merranvo some credit or something? I whould...If only I thought of it... I could'v been rich!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:36:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:36:13