Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Backed Up on EA orders?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 00:36
I'm curious if GameCreators is backed up on FPS-EA orders?

I placed my order Saturday morning, Aug 27, along with ordering the entire DarkMatter collection and no word, still listed as pending approval.

However I did use the 'Order Inquiry' page, and upon checking throughout the day, the counter has never moved from 125 queued awaiting responses.

My wife and daughter are out of town and I had some free time to jump right into playing around with FPS but its day 3, and they return tomorrow. In my opinion, its a long time for order fulfillment via electronic download.

Which drives me to my next thought... Once V1 is available to EA users and once purchased, how long will the authorization take? 3 to 4 days to process credit card, another day in handling, then shipping to the U.S. which depending on the method, could take weeks.

By now you have noticed I am a bit impatient, but then again, I purchase a lot of software and tools via the internet, and with most companies, the processing does not take this long.

C.Herlihy, MCSE
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 01:41
Orders are only handled during working hours and unfortunately with it being a bank holiday today your order won't be processed until tomorrow.
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 01:46
I too ordered it on the 27th. So we can expect an email with the download on Tuesday or on Wednesday?
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 02:08
That's odd.

Out of curiosity, what does the bank holiday have to do with payment? The payment was made via WorldPay, a credit card processor and the funds were already drawn from my credit account yesterday. (I just checked).

What other "approval" process is involved, since WorldPay offers fraud protection? I currently use 2CheckOut.com and my users normally get their purchase within hours.

Or does TGC wait until the money is completely in their hands before further processing? If this is the case, no wonder it takes days for processing, and to me, makes no sense. I am all for the technology age of faster processors, and faster ways to get things done. But this takes a step back.

To answer Gizmogaga, it could be tuesday, or wed. I read processing can take Up To 48 hours. But in our case, Sat, Sun, and Mon have been voided of processing, even though payment has cleared, and now an additional 48 hours will start once TGC starts working tomorrow. So who knows.. Frustrating..

C.Herlihy, MCSE
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 02:10
In addition to investing $200+ dollars in TGC software, and seeing this is my 4th posting, I still get slapped with:

"As a new member your post will NOT appear until we approve it - read this to find out why."

nice...

C.Herlihy, MCSE
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 03:22
mike, if your still watching this, on a related note, when can ea users download V1?

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 11:51
RastaMan - additional checks have to be manually carried out for security reasons. I can only apologise for the delay but in typical cases you can order on a working day and get the software on the same day. Your order should be processed today.

Swhale - V1 is being prepared. I'm unsure of the exact date for release.
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
It's 22nd September <- That IS that ACTUALL release date! (According to RickV)

Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 13:16
Order was processed today. Thank you.

C.Herlihy, MCSE
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 14:14
mine too, yay
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 14:38
Quote: "In addition to investing $200+ dollars in TGC software, and seeing this is my 4th posting, I still get slapped with:

"As a new member your post will NOT appear until we approve it - read this to find out why."

nice...

C.Herlihy, MCSE "

Nobody has put you on moderation, it's standard for all new members.

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 11:09
yea, just read the message, lol.

What ever it was, I DID NOT do it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 11:08:59
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 11:08:59