Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Cuckoo Catch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 23:56
Hey... for some odd reason both of the FMTau based forums are complaining of phpBB Critical Errors in the database
so i thought for just for those who were following the dev on my forum, just repost some pics on here - and get on to some more recent ones late tommorrow
(this is mostly cause right now i'm defragging a 160Gb hdd and i'm bored outta my head)

Cuckoo Catch is most likely to be my "Official" entry into the Professional Retro competition, so anyone who wants to keep an eye on what i can achieve when left to my own devices - well this will roughly be it.

so far around 4hours have gone into development, as this is all the freetime i've had to myself ... most of that time was still sitting here with people talking to me over msn constantly - so probably has been alot less time actually gone in.

what the game is to involve will be having to save Cuckoo's (Chickens) from a burning barn, and as they jump out you've got to try and catch them and put them back in thier coop with the other chickens.

alot of though has gone into how the game will be developed, rather than simply rushing into creating a new titled based on an old one - i took quite a bit of time to sit down and plan out quite a bit of the game. Think about how i could improve on something so crazy yet addictive.

What i've come up with is adding to the craziness, but giving you obsticals to avoid ... allowing the farmer full range of the farm - so now unlike the original where you had three spots to move on, now you can move 360° around and even jump when things get in your way.

i've also thought about what else could go into this title, with 2 brand new addon games ... one being Cuckoo Catch and the other being Fireman Rhory - which are bonus games which are there to addup even more points.

the new online mode allows you to compete against upto 8 other farmers ... with the aim to fill your bucket of water, throw it in the barn and try to collect 10 chickens before the others do. (and you can even run over to other farmers and push them over to prevent them from catching thier chickens ) you miss 3 in a row ... BOOM! you're outta the game.

There is also the ability to unlock a new game! but how i'll keep a mystery until the final version is released

for now just some development artwork, and later some game shots ... enjoy

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 01:30
looks good!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 02:36
I second that, it looks very good.

I'm almost afriad to say this, but the emphasis on that guy's arse is kinda scary and it's a little high

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 05:53
wow, everyone's getting pretty serious now! those are some cool concept art and models, love that barn looks like a very interesting game, especially the multiplayer mode ^_^ can't wait to play it! good luck!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 17:19
where are the meshsmooths man?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 18:34
Looks cool Raven
Whats the polycounts for the models?

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 19:57
Hmm, will this happen to take place at Lon Lon Ranch?

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Iceman00
Years of Service
User Offline
My thoughs exactly...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 22:09
Rhory is around 710 polygons
Cuckoo is about 130 polygons
Barn is about 320 polygons

i turn on facet shading oftenly when showing off development models like this - gives you all a better indication of the counts that went into these

on adverage we're talking the scenes will be about 4,000 peak visible, and right now runs at between 30-38fps @ 640x480x16bpp (vsync off)

Cyrix 200mx w/32Mb Ram
Savage4 Pro AGP 32Mb (Creative CD Drivers)
WindowsXP SP1 Professional
DirectX 8.0

so it should cover a good range of systems
and is being developed in DarkBasic Enhanced as opposed to DarkBasic Professional... yeah the setup will look alot like LonLon Ranch, but it's all my own work and the design of even Rhory is relatively different to Talon - but the connection is there

Might seem weird but i've incorporated a very basic Vis system similar to Zelda's - so the Farmyard will be working with Vis (this keeps to count to just under 500polygons peak per scene) and all of the character objects fade in/out ... which are the other players, cuckoo's and such.

However the farmyard objects will just appear normally using a standard camera range + fog technique i enjoy so much

been up in Derby most of today so not had time to prepare any images - i'll get on adding a few tweaks overnite, see about posting again in the morning perhaps.

a good reason i haven't posted this up prior is because this is taken second priority to everything else so development isn't done as soon as i figure something out, but behind everything else i must do.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 22:15
quote:
where are the meshsmooths man?

Meshsmooth and veggie just don't go together !! if he shows you all the meshsmooth then you will see what his models look like for real.

Nough said.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 00:33
Some pretty good low poly modelling there Raven

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 01:07
i'm not called veggie, and simple - buzz off ... unless you want to to sit there and list all the problems i've seen with the models you've place up so far.

I can start with the counts and usage then go onto the UV mapping ... not in the mood for any of your BS in here.
So take the lame ass bitterness and step!

you know i wish i'd had time to get more done but been working on day on other things - i wanna have atleast another hour to get on with this, perhaps texture them finally cause the maps are all setup (after that epic ChilliSkinner battler ) just gotta finally get them into paintshop or photoshop ... which one i'll use i've still not decided yet, probably do them tonite though - cause its weird with everything running around untextured.

and i've almost finished my UIS (User Interface System) which is what i've finally decided to call my version of MFC - and started on gameSpace again, working with KGs formats and developing them in sync with it is kinda fun

probably have some shots of that later tonite, if i have time to show them. guess any more updates will be on my forums again cause they're back up again (thank god)
hate posting up here until i finish things ... but a few peeps asked me to put this stuff somewhere

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 01:16
Well to me you'll always be "Veggie"

QUOTE:
i'm not called veggie, and simple - buzz off ... unless you want to to sit there and list all the problems i've seen with the models you've place up so far.

I can start with the counts and usage then go onto the UV mapping ... not in the mood for any of your BS in here.
So take the lame ass bitterness and step!

Well, Dito !! notice how I haven't posted in any of your threads lately ?? well, until you posted in one of mine.

So you buzz off as well... unless you want to start a flame war again that is ??

But if you want to come into a topic I start, and point out errors with my work... then I'll just do the same with yours. And there are quite a few I could mention.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 02:28
i simply noted that there were errors with the UV Map of your latest model ... there are also a good few on your previous one as well, yet i didn't post as no one else noticed. Infact if you read back it was a complimentary note on what you had made, but i guess you're still a jittery lil kid still offended by everything then "big bad vegeta " has to say.

you're begning to make me sick now, so grow up an ounce

you have the full range of the mesh with facet'd faces, so if you really could find a valid fault you should have posted - but no you decided to make some snide comment as always...
your not in the safe confines of RGT here Simple - make a valid point or step.

and you wanted me to list the problems with you're UV map, its quite simple - there are errors around the head infact you can quite clearly see a seem of it where the positions don't quite line up around the tenticle eye thingies - the same goes for the back it is stretched around 2-3° towards the head... add to this the mesh has far too many polygons limited to the tail of the model which should've been budgeted on the head which hasn't had some of the face flipped to add to the illusion of a round head.

plus rather than creating the tenical eye things seperate and textureing around them saving you a good few polygons which could've been used elsewhere more effectivel you appear to have extruded them, and not welded correctly on the top of the head - which appears to be flat rather than with hopskotch polygon triangles.

look if you want to try to act all "almighty" about modeling then display work worthy of it, because to be honest i can't see how you can sleep at night witht he work you've done on your spaceman because you've used SOO many polygons to create a round effect which could've been achieve with only a few then a section meshsmooth/tesselation which would've put the could much lower and given him appendages which would've enabled some cool homer simpson-eque animations which could add some nice humour to your game and emphisis the fact that his is a rather bloated spaceman.

but as i said i never mentioned any of that, because i couldn't be bothered with how you'd respond to it.
when you become a modeler i can learn to respect the talents of - THEN i will let your lil comments slide, but for now you're not and make up for quite over the top skins which are never aligned quite right.

i don't even know why i have to put up with you here, because all you ever do are snide little comments about everything.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 03:00
Here you go again VEGGIE.

Talking a load of shit as per usual. Before you comment on my models, you should take a look at the crap you've posted...... trying to hide the fact thay there total crap by only ever posting them flat shaded.

You might not like my modeling, but I do... and so do others, which is what I think you don't like.

The above models are just more proof that you don't work in the industry.... cos if you did work in the industry and produce models like that, well... you sure wouldn't last long.

Your personal insults don't really bother me veggie, never have - never will. Ya just full of shit like you always have been.

So stop bugging me and I'll stop bugging you.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 03:39
i see... if i facet shade it to hide defects in the shading... if i smooth shade its to hide defects in the mesh.

and yet again you've not made a single valid point about the work.
how exactly is the work above PROOF i don't work within the industy, i'd sure love to know your [i]infinate]/i] wisdom on what it takes to model within the industry. What styles and looks are considers good and poor... what uses of my triangles will affect the animation and skinning of said models.

you can't because you havn't got a fuckin' clue!
which is why you're resorting to mild hear'say about everything.

this is what has piss'd me off about you from fuckin' day one ... you spent a week by yourself with milkshape and suddenly your some stupid 3D protegy who must be emulated and loved by everyone!

oh no, don't listen to Raven about hard work and actually learning howto model - just run through my step-by-step ikea style guides and you can be a brilliant modeler too!
And its not just me... but everyone i can suck into my own little world which will tell you i'm the best possible modeler.

When really your 3D work would make a professional break down and cry. You get yourself a book, and learn from it - low and behold your suddenly Professor Simple who knows all and can explain everything.

BULLSHIT[/B]

you're never getting any better than you were after that first 2weeks and you damn'd well know it... but to everyone around here and RGT you're still some sorta a 3D genius because you can add 2 polygons together, paint on it and aww its a cute little model!

which would be all well and good but i've seen your development times, the mesh and quite frankly the only place you are going to get wow'd at IS right here among the teenagers who are just getting into this stuff...
oh yeah and those older users who sided with you when i decided i'd had enough of the BS on RGT.

you haven't got a clue about anything, you're just coasting by on what you think you know and too everyone else might be impressive - but to me it just shows your ignorance even greater and greater everytime you post.

lets see what you've said about my last sets of work, you claimed that i never made that BMW which wasn't exactly anything special (oh but no doubt you thought it was otherwise wouldn't of claimed i stole it) ... then there was my Snake model, which the picture shown was of the model prior to fixxing several things and posted for a reason - which infact most of the problems flew right over your lil head, but i guess only a "professional" like yourself would want to spend time pointing out the obvious ... oh yes and what was it you reffered me to a book, which quite frankly if you were any kind of real artist you'd never have required the book.

I keep forgetting thou simple is always right isn't he - so surely if he says that Raven isn't in the industry just because he doesn't like him, well golly he must not be!

and don't bull me on insults don't bother you, because if that was true you'd never have posted a response...

really simple i think you should keep to the safe confines of your little sanctuary at RGT - because here you're only gonna get hurt, so tired pissing about having to try and calm this crap down - just to keep some stupid peace.
if you can't learn from your mistakes then deal with them, you've got nothing to say about the models in question ... and you know you haven't, you just wanna cry out until some lil guy hears you and i get told to leave you alone because i made a "nasty" comment about your work.

as i said... make a valid point here and grow up

[b]Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 09:34
LOL. Nice models and ideas Raven.

When will these arguments stop? You are both awesome! It's a shame you couldn't make something great together .

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
http://dblow.co.uk
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 11:03
Whatever !!

Now you've finished typing all that crap.... you can climb back into your little bubble now veggie.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 12:21
Oh, forgot to say.... I'm not the one claiming to be a pro modeler and in the industry. So it don't really matter what errors there are in my models does it ?

They suit my needs and don't have to be perfect.

It would be interesting to see your models smoothed.... but you'll only show them on your little personal forum where your own little censored clan can view them.

And my valid point is >> your models are crap ! especially the farmer one.

So I really think that you should be saying to yourself "when you become a modeler"

I tell ya what I find really funny.... those guide lines on your reference pics. I mean... looks like you drew them on there after you made the sketches.

Cos none of them coincide with your sketch. All 3 pictures are different sizes ( or have you just got wonkey eye's ) Take the farmer for example....the first pic line runs under his ears, the second go's through his head and in the third pic it's above his ears.

So how the hell did you use them as proportion guidelines ?

moving on....

QUOTE:
Rhory is around 710 polygons
Cuckoo is about 130 polygons
Barn is about 320 polygons

Now you either know what the counts are or you don't ? but saying that, cos you only used AROUND 710 poly's for the farmer doesn't make it a good model does it ?

Like I said before.. we won't really know what he's going to look like until you show it smoothed ( but not very good by the looks of it so far ).... you complained about my polycounts for my jetpac model, but at least you can see what he will look like in-game ( and he does look like that in-game ) and his polycount doesn't effect or slow down the game in any way... so I have a nice smooth model which works very well ( including his animation )

So while I have a nice smooth in-game model, you have one which will have nearlt square legs etc.

Now the chicken......Same go's for the sketch guide lines ( YOU MUST HAVE WONKEY EYE'S ) or you just put them on there after so you could try and look like you was all technical.

Now I'd rather model a chicken with cylindrical legs ( like a proper chicken ), NOT just have a tryangle for a leg. Again... would like to see how it looks smoothed.

130 poly's for the chicken... SO WHAT ! you could quite easy make it 230 poly's and end up with a better looking model which works just the same as a 130 poly chicken would with DB.

Anyways veggie..... stop making DOS style models, cos no one uses 166mhz cyrex chips no more !

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 13:26
LOL! - you guys should never stop fighting, it's the most entertaining thing happening on this forum, of course it does'nt get interesting till Rich's 'Flame-Bait' badge appears.

It's a bit like the discussions me and my younger brother have, we can be totally brutal without guilt, because we don't care much about what each other says. I doubt Vegeta and Simple really take that much offense at each other. I think these wars are actually beneficial for other modellers, I mean if 2 of the most talented modellers are hyper-critical of each others work, then it shows that even top modellers make mistakes, pages of 'Looks Cool' posts are only good for ego's.

Simple does make a good point about DBPro poly counts, I think that a 150 poly chicken is only good if your displaying 150 of them on screen at once, otherwise add another 150 polys onto it, DBPro can more than handle those models (e.g. 11x DB spheres, 10x boxes, 40x ghosted plains, a terrain, a high res skybox, a 2000+ poly character, a 800+ poly rocket ship, full collision and control - over 100fps in 640x480 windowed mode).

Van-B
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 15:18
YOU TWO STOP IT!

Simple is a better modeller than Raven, end of story. Stop arguing like 8 year olds (although come to think of it I know 8 year olds capable of holding more diplomatic discussions).

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 15:24
And about Polycounts. Modern computers can handle stupidly high polycounts and given that Simple's game is fairly low poly elsewhere by the looks of it, he can afford to "spend" a lot of polys on the main character.

You should play StarFox Adventures and see how high poly models even a 500Mhz CPU / GeForce 2 1/2 setup can handle.

Both of you are good modellers, without a doubt better than all the others on the forum. However Simple has posted screenies before (a long time before you came onboard Raven) and he is a better modeller, whatever you might say. Don't take this as a personal insult, learn from the master.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 15:32
Van-B backs out of the forum slowly, so as not to be noticed (I'm not here, I never was).

Van-B
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 16:13
[Darth S. Arms Flamethrower]

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 16:14
LOL !!! Veggie is gonn be pissed at what you said !! LOL

I'm not really bothered who's the better modeler ( but thanks for your comments )

And I know, we're at it again....... but he just can't enter into one of my topics without trying to just point out errors all the time. ( in a matter of fact he can't seem to do that with anyone )

Now, stating that you made a model in 5 mins flat and it's only 2 poly's doesn't really make you a good modeler. if Veggie was to spend a little more time on his models then they might look a little better !!!

Anyways...... LOL, LOL, LOL hehe !! ...... I'm off to make a ridiculously high poly model now, and spend lots of time making it !!!

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 18:00
You should play StarFox Adventures and see how high poly models even a 500Mhz CPU / GeForce 2 1/2 setup can handle.

Just a question, how do you know how high the poly count is? and if I am not mistaken it is a Gamecube game which means it wont run on PC, so how did you know it would run on that setup?

And about Polycounts. Modern computers can handle stupidly high polycounts and given that Simple's game is fairly low poly elsewhere by the looks of it, he can afford to "spend" a lot of polys on the main character.

Just because you "can", doesn't mean you "should". Anyway there is whole lot more than just high polycount to nice graphics.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 18:10
"Anyway there is whole lot more than just high polycount to nice graphics."

Well, the fur shading, multi-texturing and god-knows how many other effects helps

"Just a question, how do you know how high the poly count is?"

Because the actual 3D models are used in the cutscenes and you can see when the camera shows a close-up how high poly the models are, in the region of 3000+

Yes it is a GC game, but even if we assumed the equivilent PC spec to be about 1Ghz (which IMO is fairly accurate) it shows this. What really slows most modern games down is AI / physics (including collision) which are computationally very expensive.

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 18:18
But those are close-up cutscene models, how do you know they dont switch them to lower poly ones when at distance because the performance was too low? Anyway you still are only guessing the number.

PCs and GCs are like apples and bananas, undoubtably to run most of the GC games your PC you would need a high end graphics card and proccesor, which the average Joe PC user doesnt have.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 19:24
Look unlike you guys i'm actually using DarkBasic ENHANCED for my game, so requireing a cheap ass polycount is essential... however if you knew anything about modeling even slightly Simple you'd understand that the feet effect is quite a widely used technique - and its not simply because it keeps the count low.

its for the overall style, the model would look freaky with a cylinder there ... but sometimes i forget that your the almight Simple and what you say is obviously 3D law.

and with jackers like Shader sitting there to stroke your ego, somehow i think you believe your own press.

i could type out the EXACT polygon counts but thats the point when i've rounded up and down to the nearest 10 ... i mean who really gives a shit that its 713 polygons rather than 710?

as for the GC processing power on the PC, to play N64games on an equvilant PC power you require an 800Mhz Processor, Dx Accelerated Sound Card, 16Mb (preferably GeForce/Raedon based) D3D Graphics Card.

For saying the N64 is a simple 90Mhz with 4Mb of overall Ram console ... quite frankly i think the GC's needs are a hell of alot higher. Its still a RISC based CPU unlike the PS2 and XBox and still runs on Asm but also accepts C.

if you want that level of graphics on the PC with a direct translation you talking around a 2Ghz system with a GeForce4 Ti 4600 or preferably a GeForce FX 160 ... even then there arn't any decent emulators out there.

Plus the polygon counts within StarFox Adventures arn't that large, its all down to useage of effects capable within the graphics chip.
The polygons counts range from 12 - 5,3000 (that is the peak) which is roughly what alot of games on the PC now provide... but that said, haggisman also has the point that the worlds are Visibility based, the models are LOD based (i've yet to see anyone else DarkBasic titles, with the exception of UW Designs UVW use this technique) as well as alot of other tricks for keeping counts and speed of the program to the max. Add to this alot of effects which are supported by their graphics card, which A) most of us can't use and B) those who can use then havn't a freaking clue howto use them - which doesn't matter because the GameCube's lastest games are rather irellivant within a PC Basic Language forum when arguing about speed.
Personally i'd rather say 100 polygons per model and allows everyone to play my game, than ramp up all the graphics and counts to stupid levels for just those that are on right now considered "adverage" speed computers.

why? oh yeah because NIETHER DarkBasic has a truely optimised engine of that degree to allow for systems on that scale producing the same effects and counts with speed.

And just outta interest but how come you're allowed to create for fun here Simple yet ... i'm suppose to be under some scrutiny? I'm not getting paid for my work here, i can make it as good or as poor as i so wish - just because i happen to be a professional, does that mean they every single work i produce has to be the simple apitimy of modeling?
and quite frankly most of the crap i put up here is substandard - though i've already explained it once to you, somehow i find that pea sized brain of yours can't comprehend it.

and you STILL havn't made a valid point ... saying my work here is crap IS NOT A VALID POINT, it is an opinion. Explain how it is crap!

oh i'm sorry i forgot, you can't because your haven't a fuckin' clue - your running out of time here, and i'm loosing patience with what your doing to my thread - just as your always do when you feel like crying about a comment i've made.

I swear... most of ya'll has your head firmly stuck in the clouds, and Simple my forum is barely moderated - nor is it for an exclusive club of people. It's just a small forum where i don't have to put up with any of the BS you enjoy slinging about.

most here understand the style i've gone for, they understand the counts i've gone for, AND a good few have even seen the smoothing i've done. So that leaves it to a wonder, if you are such a "talented" artist - how come all you can do is superficial bitching.
i'm sure if there was a true problem you'd of spotted it by now, and to be honest there are 5 on Rhory staring you in the face - but as somehow i doubt anyone here or playing will notice, doesn't particularly matter now does it.

and just to help you find the faults simple
a Development Shot ->

a Smoothed Shaded Shot ->

and they weren't taken today or anything after some stupid cleanup there are a few members like Kentaree and Moondog which can quite clearly tell you otherwise because they also have these.

your whiney is getting very tiresome simple ... you can either learn from what i've said about your model or you can ignore it - but somehow i think you'll continue to make a scene within my post, because your some kinda spoilt brat.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 19:56
LOL Veggie ! the spoilt little brat comments ring a bell.... oh yeah, Thats what I called you a little while ago and it pissed you right off if I remember ?

Doesn't on me I'm afraid.

And yeah, I can see now. The most noticable one being on the neck.

Hard to see really, with the shadows added... makes it tricky to spot which faces need turning.

Curious as to why to left the hands out on the first pic ? ... legs and shoulders look nice and blocky as I suspected they would. theres a couple of errors on the arms too.

QUOTE:
and quite frankly most of the crap i put up here is substandard

Now that said... I must agree.

Anyways Veggie... you have nothing to teach me that I want to learn from you. After all I don't want my models to end up looking like your substandard work now do I ??

It's very SIMPLE..... and I've said it before, don't poke your nose into my threads trying to sound all pro and point out error, which quite I'm not really bothered about.

And I won't come and wind you up in one of your threads.

Simple !!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 20:53
simple... if there was an error on the neck you'd of seen it from the facet shaded version.

but hey i guess you know more than me here so, by all means i'm sure you're right and that is one of the 5

there is an error within the arms, however be interesting if you can actually point it out to me ... i very much doubt you can.

so still have 4more to go, plus note the development one was just that - because it was still mostly a single mesh rather than a limbed object like the final work (but you already knew that one right?)

which actually i feel your going more from the development picture above rather than the finished mesh below ... but grasping at any straws you can to try and make me look bad must really be an artform for you now.
i'm still waiting for the rest of the errors - but somehow i think i'll be waiting a bloody long time.

somehow i dont actually go looking too hard at your work to find all the faults ... simple right now your not winding me up - your rather amusing actually, and not just me a few friends as well.
its like trying to watch a fish struggling so hard to get back into the water

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 21:12
Raven - I think we were all just having a laugh - You are so easy to wind up, and don't lie, it is blatantly obvious that you are getting a little peeved.

Anyway - lets do the acid test, just post smooth shaded renders of your models and then you can proove Simple wrong, easy

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 21:14
OK. whatever you say Veggie.

Looks like ya gonna carry this on forever like you normally do.... so this will be my last post for now. you're getting boring.

So you can have the last word when you reply.

Until next time.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 21:16
Oh and one more thing folks - DBP development is a relaxed past-time, we are not making models for high-profile commercial games here. I am sure that given time both of you can produce flawless models.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 02:56
oh... i see, first you insult me outright - now your simply board and also Shaders insults me outright as well and then tried to act like some "peacemaker"

you know i bet you didn't fuckin' read what i wrote within your post simple ... just too far up yourself with people like Shader there to keep you on that pedastal you love so much.

your not even half the 3d Artist that i am, and you damn'd well know it Simple ... your bored of this thread because you have no comeback here, you can't find your precious faults and your slamming of my work isn't going as well as you'd hoped because you can't do anything by make vague comments like "its crap"

see this is what piss's me of here, not the fact your slamming my work - but your trying to slam it when you don't know what the hell your talking about, and your doing it because your sitting there bitching about some fuckin' comment that quite frankly if you reread perhaps you'd see that it wasn't a critism at all about the god damn'd work you did - i never said i didn't like it i mearly said that it has several errors which didn't particularly matter.

i don't know nor care anymore what the hell your problem is around here, but outrightly attacking me just ain't gonna fly - i've constantly made just factual objectsions about your work to simply have "your is crap" thrown back at me... saying that you can see what 2 errors but only one you kinda commented on and the other you wouldn't at all.

And unlike you Simple i don't make artwork for my own pleasure and requirements ... i make it for everyone else.
That is the point in a game model, i'm not making it for elitists who have the dogs nagger's systems - i'm not making it just to be played on my own system.

I'm making it to look good on someone else system, someone who just wants to play a game without worrying that they have state of the art technology ... all of those people that really no one in the games industry seem to give a damn about --- and i'd suggest before you start flying on some proverbial handel on your temper tantrum again you sit down and think about what you're going to say in a PROFESSIONAL capacity.

you still have a damn'd long way to go before you earn my respect to take your advice on anything, and little episodes like this don't help your case even slightly.

as for getting respect from you, well quite frankly i don't care for respect from those who cannot conduct themselves with some platitude ... if your suppose to be the "best" around here then i'd suggest you prove and act like it.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 03:44
Oh please Raven, just shut up will you.

I have seen examples of Simples' work and it is extremely professional, do a search on RGT. You haven't successfully proven that you are better.

So stop spending all your time writing essays and actually post a few screenshots and models in 3DS or X format and prove yourself.

I am utterly fed up of this, you keep arguing whether you are wrong or right and are utterly obsessed with having the last word. Simple knows this and frankly has better things to do with his time than writing 10 page essays of waffle in reply.

Carry on like this and I will ask Rich to ban you on the basis that any time any skilled users turn up on this forum you force them to leave - grow up or else!

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 03:45
/topic

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 04:05
shader be quiet... because this is just adaptation of the simple "lovers" society which was sickening enough on RGT.

i've seen simples work and it isn't anything special... and far from professional.
the work above is better than anything that simple has produced in sheer mesh setup, and i've not even shown the textured versions yet.

if you feel like talking to Rich and getting me banned for how i act then go right ahead, i'm not doing anything wrong here - he attacked me here. I have a right to defend myself...

why don't you go back and reread what he has posted and what i have, cause there are zero valid points in what he has said... he is the one who has started all of this... and your just kissing his ass for substandard work.

he has fallen out of favour with ALOT of the other artists on RGT which ya'll considered better than adverage - the point is set ... his work has proven time and time again that he hasn't a got a clue of what he is doing, either with a mesh, a uv map nor a paintbrush.

why? because he used the same old tired techniques over and over and over again to produce the same tired old work, and the fact that he gives tips out to people is just a joke. most understand their limitations ... HE DOES NOT!
oh but wait, he's simple - the guy that Raven picked on, so everyone must feel sorry for him.

well go suck a lemon, because its noticeable - no one says anything but when simple does ... oh wait suddenly there is a wave of people with the same opinion.
you also have the point to prove here, either explain how the meshs is faulted or get out!

Iceman00
Years of Service
User Offline
Honestly your work is better than anything I could do, and despite what anybody says it looks awesome, even without the meshsmooth. Hopefully you take the comments in stride and get on with programing because i'm salivating at the possibility of anything Zelda realted being put on hte computer!!!

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 14:16
Raven, just because you can't handle criticism doesn't mean you need to get all uppity about it. I really have better things to do with my time than argue so just ensure that a flamewar doesn't happen again.

3D modelling is a subjective thing, I give you that, all art is subjective - so if I consider Simples' work to be better - I am entitled to my opinion.

And don't diss RGT either - the people there tend to be much more helpful and there are some far more experienced DB users there.

As Simple said earlier, you can have the last word because I have work to do on my retro compo. entry and haven't got all day to spend typing.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 16:37
Can we just stop it? Darth Shader- you shouldnt have joined this arguement- its none of your business. Raven nice models-best of luck coding in your game

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 21:21
Shader you should read very damn'd close to what was written and realise when i actually got piss'd here

i will not stand to be openly insulted because some little kid can't handle what was simply made as a passing comment, i'll also not stand to have snide comments placed throughout this entire forum which have been aimed towards me ... simple does this everytime he crys about what i say.
Can never keep things to a single topic.

i don't give a shit what you think of my models, i want some damn'd apologies for the behaviour you guys have shown here - just come in here and openly insult me, just because you feel like it.

but Nooo... i guess apologising when your wrong is against your damn'd nature - the best you can do is "oh i'm not gonna bother here no more cause i have better things"

just fuckin' admit you were wrong to butt in, and wrong for outright insulting me ... same goes for simple.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 22:20
Hypocrite !

Flas_Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 00:12
Go Raven!

Did i just say that?
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 00:16
i think the main thing that gets people annoyed with raven is that he always claims to be 'in the industry', but having a look at his work or lack or it makes people highly sceptical. These screen shots are of ok models but still doesn't confer to me personally that raven is a professional as he claims.

I know when i worked professionally in coding and graphics i didn't have hardly any freetime whatsoever to sleep let alone post on forums, Raven however never shuts up!

just my observations.

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 00:18
c'mon Rich, where's the [flamebait] tag?

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:12
why are you guys turning someone elses competiton progress thread into a flamefield? No offence but simple, i thought you said you'd had enough, why the return? kale, i don't think that's gonna help! y'all should just chill out! ^_^

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:13
"just fuckin' admit you were wrong to butt in, and wrong for outright insulting me ... same goes for simple."

I was hoping that you two would stop arguing as this kind of bickering really lowers the tone of the forum. I am not going to apologise because IMO I did nothing wrong, you disagree.

Can we end it here and bring this thread around to its original topic please? - your retro compo entry.

I think that this has degenerated so much that maybe you should start again, bring this round to a positive note

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:22
kale ... how many times have i actually said - "oh btw i work in the industry"

i remember saying it once a good year ago over on RGT, and from then on everyone was like bitchin' about everything i did, what piss's me off is why people can't just fuckin' drop that i'm anything to do with it.

but no - because you have to sit there and make a big deal about it daily, simply because ya'll don't like how i go about things ... so rather than blatently attacking me directly you attack what i am instead and trying to discredit me in anyway you see fit.

i'm not always around the forums you know, and i havn't even close to posted as much as in the past month before.
i hate not being at work for the simple reason is i get bored - even at work once i finish something i'm bored
perhaps you experience is different to mine, but i finish something and talk with the group about what there is next and as i'm talking to them i'm scanning forums, or emailing people, or answering msn, or anything really.

and its not a fact that i'm not truely busy or anything at the time that i do this... its just how i've learnt to work and do things - multi-tasking, and its what i've learnt to do.

its like working on code and artwork at the same time, you're attention is split to achieve both just to make sure you have stable results.

and sleeping is upto you really, personally i oftenly will work right up until i drop on the keyboard (and most of those who talk to me on msn will know this all too well) ... i don't have to, infact my contracted hours are only 9am-6pm at which time most will just go home - i tend to keep working once home, and even most of my stupid vacation i've still be working for stuff for guys here, guys over at Histonics and helping some family out.

posting here and in other forums is my lil workbreaks - notice most of my posts are only every, what 30-40mins parts ... sometime more, then you'll have a burst of them, and be silent for a few hours.

there are alot of guys and gals who do this too ya know - to be honest i feel sorry for paul cause he has to moderate over at Quake3World forums which has over 1,000,000 users posting around 20,000 posts per hour... plus he is working full time.

i don't have to post here, but i still enjoy to ya know - even if i do have to put up with people like simple, who quite frankly i don't understand why he can just hang at RGT instead of causing a nusience here

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 01:47
Quote: "
i remember saying it once a good year ago over on RGT
"

Oh, I remember another thread more recently and on these formus.

Ogres have layers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:09:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:09:32