Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Cuckoo Catch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 02:14
which would've that have been?
i've not been the one to bring it up in a long long time

i'll reply when someone notes on it, but wasn't mentioned by myself first

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 02:25
Och, come on, you don't remember that C&C screenshot thread?

Ogres have layers.
large_nostril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 04:49
Hey Raven, great job. Did you get a look at simple's jet pack thingy? Man was it schiesse (German for shitty). It looked like it got kicked one too many times in the face (or maybe that was it's groin, I couldn't really tell). And before anyone starts to insult me, I can too model. A luger (Duh) An AK

And don't bug me for textures on them. I only have Rhino on my computer and if you know how to render textures on a model in Rhino, I'd like to see it.

Anyway, your models are damn good Raven. How long did it take to defrag 160 gigs?

If you want fresh underwear in the morning, take it off the night before.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 05:24
Hey guys lets just cool it (hey nice models nostril boy LOL) Im just going to side with Raven cuz this is his thread, but dont get pissed at me (starts running after Van-B screaming "WAIT FOR ME!!!") Just cool it you guys (nice models Raven- really good man. Dont listen to what they say, just blow them off like the little seed thingys on those white puffballs whatever their called Yea that was weird I know)

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 08:38
you mean the dandilions?
... Mmm i could really go for some of that dandilion and burdock around now (^_^)

and empty i never openly said i was working professionaly within that thread until someone else started the shit
i simply noted they were new C&C Generals Shots and that some of my work had gone into them ... i've had work go into other games as well, however i've not worked professionally on them. perhaps skipping back a few pages and checking it if you really wanna dispute it.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 12:34
Quote: "
and empty i never openly said i was working professionaly within that thread until someone else started the shit
"

Quotes from your first post in that thread:
"We've been working our a**es off today"
"So [bi[/b]'ve turned it off, or rather 100% alpha'd - this is from a set battle scene demo we're running sims on"
and many more...

Ogres have layers.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:11
Ever think he might be talking about Rose or Kangaroo2?

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:19
doesn't mean to say i was working professionally (^_^)
for all you know i could be working my ass off to help out some friends catch up on work ... i've done that before with Mike and Dave across the road at Blizzard before

i do that alot when i visit mates in other companies too - i'm not on anyones clock but my own, i'll just plonk myself down and help out if they don't mind
and usually the help is welcomed ... that time it turns out i was doing this on the clock as a professional, but just because i say i'm workin and not alone doesn't mean that it is always in a professional capacity

i'm working my ass off right now redeveloping Rose's end boss game from scratch - she ain't paying me, i'm doing this outta the goodness of my heart and to help someone out ... and is by no means a pro project (^_^)
but i don't have to be working on it alone now do i

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:23
Ever think he might be talking about Rose or Kangaroo2?
"

Not a second.
You don't know what thread we're talking about, do you?

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=3092&b=3

Ogres have layers.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 13:28
doesn't mean to say i was working professionally (^_^)
"

Erm, sorry, but what you just said doesn't go togehter with the thread at all.

Ogres have layers.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 14:08
Erm Vegeta, don't you remember the C&C Generals topic? - where your professional status was challenged, then you went off in a huff and never came back with any kind of explanation. Please don't make out that you never claim to be a pro, because you mention it in practically every thread.

As for Simples work quality and professionalism? - well seeing as how none of you have seen his work in an actual game, animated and implimented properly - you can't really say. I can, and it's gonna blow you away.

I think your problem is that you have trouble respecting people who are self taught and did'nt have to goto college to learn, and that's just fucked up in a hobbyist forum - it's that attitude that got you banned from RGT.

Don't think I'm trying to have a dig at you, 'cos I ain't, I don't flame - but your facts are wrong and your attitude towards this has lost it's humour. I've said it before, You take this shit too seriously.

Van-B
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 14:36
Oh! so you don't actually work 'in the game industry' then Raven? why let people believe that then?

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:02
i think you guys read what you want and disgaurd the rest ... especially based on Kale's last comment there.

As always you just read so-much of what is written, think "oh i've got the ghist" and just post a response.
if you do go back and read the topic, i never did bring up the fact that i was doing this professionally - it was those accusing me that i didn't which enthrawled it off, becuase it you piss you off slightly to be told you don't do something when you do.

as for Simples work ingame ... ya seen it a while ago when he helped someone out with some Starship trooper thingie, wasn't grandly impressed with that either.

and Van don't think for a second that i dislike Simple cause he's "self-taught" ... because a) he isn't self taught he's learn alot from online tutorials, and b) if you'd read what i've said perhaps you'd know that i don't have any professional degree's behind myself here.

i'd suggest before anyone else thinks they'll post again to try and show me up and dispute how they dislike my attitude you go read what i actually wrote in simples post and judge for yourselfs if you think that warrented him comming in here in a trantrum and outrightly saying my work is crap.

quite frankly he never earn any respect from me from day one on his attitude and its funny how many of you still will back him to the hilt and put me down simply because you feel i'm picking on him or something - ya'll need to grow up

first ya'll push me into actually admiting that i'm in the industry ... then ya'll are all over me because you don't believe that i do ... then ya'll think i'm all mean simply because i can tell someone whats wrong with thier work.

the only thing i can see here are alot of greeneyed - who just want to sit around and discred someone because they simply don't like them and wanna follow in the steps of some bitter old man.
which quite frankly is fair enough, considering as i've said time and time again i don't care what you think - i know ya'll are playing games i've worked on and no doubt enjoying them greatly ... perhaps if you could ever take off your "simple" shaded goggles you might see what is really happening here.

but then again ya'll probably wont read this far down, just check the top and think its just another insult so why not bash Raven some more.

funny thing is people don't like me for my attitude, but ya know alot more respect me because i don't BS them on thier work ... but then again i don't go around like most would have you believe ripping apart peoples work and just making them cry.
You get whats wrong, your get a possible solution - not very often will you ever get me opinion on the work ... but as i expect most won't read this far down.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:38
Actually, I do read most of your posts, well, down to the point where you often start talking about DBZ .

I think the problem is that you have more support here because your one of the top posters, but that voids any argument Simple raises here, because you can't reply over at RGT, when people leave you two alone it's usually sorted really quickly. I mean this flame war was dead before someone suggested Simple was a better modeller!. It's just childish to call anyone supporting Simple an ass-licker (or whatever), that's really playground tactics.

It dissapoints me when people outright critisize work to curry favour with you or Simple, each model should be critisized on it's merits, not on who made it. I remember a Vegeta who would go nuts at someone for posting their own work in his topic, yet you let it slide because he had a go at Simple, I'm interested in seeing these kick marks on our lovely Jetman, I sure as hell never noticed, all I saw was a silky smooth great looking model - perhaps rediculously high-poly guns are better than spacemen?.

Van-B
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 15:40
Ohh, Large Nostril,

You can't really texture in Rhino, you can apply simple texture maps which rarely do the job - but no UV editing. Look for Lithunwrap to texture your stuff after exporting as .3DS.

Van-B
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 17:24
i'm not having a go at the others because i read the post as soon as they start on at simple or anything i just stop reading - still does piss me off when people post thier own work in my posts, but i'm far more piss'd off at simple for starting this whole crap over a stupid comment which wasn't ment as anything opposed or bad about the model he had made...

if i'd posted "oh this is crap simple, your the worst modeller i've ever seen" then oki - but the fact i was explaining the defects arn't exactly a big issue, and for him to fuckin' come at me the way he did ... i think that was way out of line. but then people start butting in and throwing in thier 10cents with quite a few cheapshots.

if simple doesn't like my work then fine fuck him, but there was no need to plaster it over and over again without any evidance to back up his claim other than he didn't like it cause its from me.

and i'm not sure what other term to give someone like Shader, seriously - if you can think of some better term then i'm all ears ... spouting off who is the better modeller just like that, it was completely uncalled for - is was more likely to piss me off more than the original problem.

and they do both owe me an apology for what they have done.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 21:16
"and i'm not sure what other term to give someone like Shader, seriously - if you can think of some better term then i'm all ears ... spouting off who is the better modeller just like that, it was completely uncalled for"

Of course, but what do you call me - an entertainer perhaps

This is turning out to be quite amusing now Actually though, Simple didn't really sound that serious.

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 22:20
Well.... This is Definitely my last post in here, and I'm going to point a few FACTS out here.

Quote:
and for him to fuckin' come at me the way he did ... i think that was way out of line.

Hmmm !! lets see how I came at you then, oh yeah !

This was my first post >>
Meshsmooth and veggie just don't go together !! if he shows you all the meshsmooth then you will see what his models look like for real.

Nough said.

Now if thats coming at you then you are one very Hormonal boy.

And here's a part of your reply >>
i'm not called veggie, and simple - buzz off ... unless you want to to sit there and list all the problems i've seen with the models you've place up so far.

I can start with the counts and usage then go onto the UV mapping ... not in the mood for any of your BS in here.
So take the lame ass bitterness and step!

Oh! do I spot a Lame Ass insult in there ?

Then I posted >>
Well, Dito !! notice how I haven't posted in any of your threads lately ?? well, until you posted in one of mine.

So you buzz off as well... unless you want to start a flame war again that is ??

But if you want to come into a topic I start, and point out errors with my work... then I'll just do the same with yours. And there are quite a few I could mention.

Well, you obviously did want to start a flame war didn't you ?

Then came the name calling >>
but i guess you're still a jittery lil kid still offended by everything then "big bad vegeta " has to say.

you're begning to make me sick now, so grow up an ounce

somehow i think you'll continue to make a scene within my post, because your some kinda spoilt brat.

I said >>

LOL Veggie ! the spoilt little brat comments ring a bell.... oh yeah, Thats what I called you a little while ago and it pissed you right off if I remember ?

Then you went on with all your Effing and Blinding and personal insults.

So basically you didn't like my comment... but where did I come at you that was out of line ??

Basically veggie you just get lost in your own posts... you get yourself so wound up that you start crying like a baby and spill it all over the forum.... then try and blame evryone else and demanding apologies.

I owe you NO apology... nore will you ever get one from me even if I thought I did owe you one.

I did warn you about starting a flame war in here..... AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DECITED TO DO. so stop trying to pass the buck onto me and everyone else who chose comment in here and clain you had nothing to do with it.

I dangled and you bite !!!

You made the whole thing worse for yourself by making your super posts and starting to insult everybody who entered with something to say.

You said I was getting really wound up by all your remarks..... but clearly YOU are the one who has got wound up here, but thats you I suppose !!

So, until next time veggie..... and there will be one unless you leave me alone.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 22:28
Err... simple true, but there is one little thing, Raven has a point when he said that you haven't really mentioned the flaws in his models, maybe if you told us what they were then he might have a little more respect for you.

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2003 22:44
simple... even a snide comment is an insult - or were you never taught that?

i never said what i did snidely in your post... infact it was a pretty standard defence for something - "what you can't perceieve doesn't matter"
but this ran right over your head and you decided to make you side little comment - and you didn't just make that comment here, no you made it within another post i've seen ... possibly more knowing you.

for someone new to modelling you can't just say "enough said", because they haven't a feckin' clue what your on about - which quite frankly i don't think you do either.

i'm not sure why i should constantly put up with this, your comments were made out of immaturatity and you damn'd well know it ... i'm not gonna idoly standby and let someone insult my work without any hard evidence to backup thier claims. I decribe to you in relative detail why i felt that your models were not upto scratch - and your comment started that.

perhaps when you can someday learn to comment on work without a double meaning then perhaps i won't get all angry about it ... notice i've actually attacked those who joined in with your baradeing of me here simple, not those who have been outta line for sticking thier noses in where it doesn't belong rightly - just those who saw a window open and decided to strick at me.

its funny for saying someone who did say that there was gonna be a last post ... then there was another ... adn another ... how can i really be sure that was your final post on the matter?

you crossed a line and you know, just damn'd well admit to it for once in your life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:20:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:20:25