Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / hWnd and DarkSDK (anyone using cipher engine please read this post - need help!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I tried to initialize DarkSDK rendering in a child window and/or control like panel. I included global header where they have a structure that suppose to have Handle then I tried to assign that hWnd to one of my own Handle that belonged to a child control or child window but I couldn’t render anything. So here's a question anyone tried anything like this yet and if you were successful could you please post the code or at least give some sort of direction (snippet would be the best).

Thanks in Advance!

About Cipher engine if anyone here is using it with VC++ .NET could you please let me know coz I need some help with it, I appreciate all of your replies.

Thanks!
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 11:28 Edited at: 30th Aug 2005 11:28
I have uploaded a demo here [href]www.thereptilecorporation.com/MFC Example.zip[/href]. I made this a while ago and I haven't tested it with the latest version of the DGSDK but I expect all will be okay.

Download the zip file that shows you how to hook up a DGSDK exe to an MFC window. Once you have extracted the zip try running host.exe and you will see a basic MFC app with a child window and inside the contents of the DGSDK exe with a cube spinning around. When you escape the DGSDK exe will still be running. I haven't added any code to wipe it in this example. You will have to remove it from the task manager for now.

Inside the zip you will find -

* DGSDK - this folder contains the sample DGSDK project, all it does is rotate a cube
* Host - a simple MFC appwizard generated app, I only added 1 line of code and this is in host.cpp on line 103, it calls ShellExecute passing in an open message for dgsdk.exe

* Display.lib - an updated VS6 lib file, place this in your VS6 lib folder, the VS7 lib is called vs7 display.lib, just rename it to display.lib and place in the VS7 lib folder, I haven't tested the VS7 one but I don't expect any problems with it ( these files lib may not be necessary, try without them first )
* DGSDK.exe - the DGSDK example exe
* Host.exe - the MFC exe

* link.ini - this is the file that contains the information that tells the DGSDK which window to link to, as a temporary measure this ini file will have to be called link.ini and not match the name of your exe, I'll change this for the proper update, inside this ini file you will see the following

[External]
Main Window = Host Host1
Child Window = Host1

the main window field is set to "Host Host1", this must match the main window title of the MFC app, the child window field is set to "Host1" which matches the child window.
DJScaN
Years of Service
User Offline
Mike, THANKS A BUNCH!!! I OWE YOU A BEER !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:55:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:55:14