Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A Few Q's about the final Version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Could i make a game (.exe) that can play both single player AND multiplayer? Or do they have to be seperate? And is it like now where each exe can only have 1 MP map?

2. Would one be able to add "cutscenes". If you ever played the Game AOM, in its level editor you can make cutscenes by selected camera angles on your level and then you can add messages and sound clips after, i know you can add sound and messages, but i was wondering if i could make a scene with a static camera angle?

3. With Scripting, could you add things like Making an enemy die (For example, a level where you are escaping a burning building and when you pass by a corner you see a guard die or get crushed or something) or timers (To make timed levels)?

Fan of: Timesplitters
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 12:06
1. Still 1 MP map to an .exe, but you could easily make a little program in DB (or any compiler) to launch each map from a main menu - not too hard to do. Through this you could also have a single player/multiplayer .exe as well.

2. Cutscenes are done through the story zone marker, but making them within a special editor in FPSC is not currently available (unless that's Lee's big suprise , but probably not). But you could always launch a test game, stand still and use Fraps (not the best method, but it will do (for me at least))

3. As for a character dying, I am almost positive it is possible (it could use something like an entity=0 command) in a trigger zone. Timers are possible - there is a thread (either in this board or scripts) that shows how to do timers - it's by Jasuk70. If you search 'Are timers possible?' then I think that was the name of the thread.

If this helped, MAKE ME MOD Lee!!!

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If this helped, MAKE ME MOD Lee!!!"

If only if I was a mod, Heh that would be so cool, But as if we're gonna be mods Jiffy, not unless we work together as a team
and we shall eventually one day become mods, just one day...

[center]
[center]Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 12:45 Edited at: 5th Sep 2005 12:45
Yes - I know, let's go on strike! No helping people until we are mods (I'm sure that would be useful... )

Someday...

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 13:20 Edited at: 5th Sep 2005 13:21
Quote: "Yes - I know, let's go on strike! No helping people until we are mods (I'm sure that would be useful..."

That is abosolutly...BRILLIANT!

Yep, fully agreed.

Me and Jiffy are not helping any people until we are mods!

[center]
[center]Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat
Alex898
Years of Service
User Offline
But you helped me XD

I cant wait for this, this is the program i have been waiting for since i played the first TS Mapmaker

Fan of: Timesplitters
Alex898
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you add a .wav clip or something as a movie/cutscene?

Like, my friend makes a GIF of say a main character getting shot, then i convert it to a windows media player file, could i have it play in game? that would probly be easier than filming cutscenes

-Irken Elite Online Gaming Site-
freewebs.com/alex898

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 09:45:43
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 09:45:43