Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / screensavers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I created a screensaver (Matrix style) in DGSDK, and it seems to work fine. Even when I build it, change the extension to .scr, and put it in the C:\Windows\System32 directory, it works the first time, but once the screensaver has run once, it does not automatically come back on after so many minutes. When I made screensavers in old DB and used the "Make Final" command, it seemed to come back every time when the computer was idle, but now in DGSDK it only works once. Does anyone have any ideas to what is causing this behavior?
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 08:29 Edited at: 5th Sep 2005 08:32
This kind of thing happens when you're using high-powered screensavers and the computer decides to go into sleep mode. Just go in and change your power settings to make it so only the monitor shuts itself off. Other than that, you don't have too much of a choice I'm afraid, unless you tell the program to stop syncing after a set amount of time.

Nyaah! I shall blast this GeForce FX card into submission! Die slow Pixel-Shader 2.0 support!
Denaje
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think my computer is going into sleep mode at all. Because this even happens when I set the screensaver to run after 1 minute; then I wait one minute, it comes on, I move the mouse to turn it off immediately, then wait one more minute, and it does not come back.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 14:52
It might be a daft question, but what are you doing in your program when the user moves the mouse or presses a key? Are you completely exiting the program or hiding it?

Also, are you setting the initial state of any variables you use at the start and releasing them when you exit?

I don't have the SDK, so my suggestions might be useless - sorry.

I was just thinking that your screensaver might well be kicking in the second time as it should, but the variables which make it exit haven't reset so your screensaver is immediately exiting again.

TDK_Man

Denaje
Years of Service
User Offline
Well when the user moves the mouse or presses a key, it exits the program. I didn't release variables or anything of that sort because I wouldn't think you'd need to do that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:13:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:13:56