Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Error - Extra Debug Info: 0 0

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 01:30
Hi all,

If you're getting the Extra Debug error after installing V1 (Trial or full release) it's because you still have the EA version on your PC.

If you have the EA demo installed, best advice is:

* Uninstall EA demo *completely*
* Use explorer and find "Program Files/The Game Creators/FPSCEA" (note I can't remember exactly the path)
* Delete all that's in that path
* Now install V1

The old bin files from EA can upset V1.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 02:00
Thanks... I assumed it would update the EA install and I ran into this problem.

C.Herlihy, MCSE
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 06:27
ok, i uninstalled fps creator, and i have entities and stuff that i have put in myself, so i dont want to completely delete all the files, is that the only way i can get this debug error to cease?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 12:30
Quote: "and i have entities and stuff that I have put in myself"

I would imagine that you could save the entities, delete everything else, then put the entities back in.

I put all my own entities in a new folder, hope you did the same If not, you could track them down by date.

Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 13:42
Just was about to post about this...
Thanks, Richard!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:50
I uninstalled evrything, all was working OK, and then i got this error when I tried to add a white light.

Before it died, the work area went black for around 10 seconds. This was a brand new level.

IMAGE 02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 18:01
i egt the black screen too , but i have still got ea installed going to go home from work and try it hope its gonna work fine ive been looking forward to creating a msterpeice, is this going to be a problem that everyone is going to get does it need a fix.

IMAGE is EVERYTHING
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Good thing you reminded me, I'm just installing it! Thanks Rich!

† Evil Inside † Upcoming projects: Heresy & The Ghastly Panic
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 23:22
fpsc wont build for me, i click build game, and it just hangs there, nothin happens, then i get a crash text file in the directory. this is very dissapointing....

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
im still getting the debug code, and fpsc shuts down.

i uninstalled my entire ea version and reinstalled v1

3 times and still getting code.

any help out there?

thanks hammer
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, figured it out, anything in the markers menu is...............wrong, the menu is..............wrong actually.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 01:23
@ Hammer

After uninstall did you delete the EA directory also before installing v1?

Is this happening when you load a level you created in EA?

C.Herlihy, MCSE
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
eVIL STICK IS RIGHT HOW DO WE FIX IT THO!!!
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 01:32
@ EvilStick - A screenshot would be helpful.

C.Herlihy, MCSE
mrjames
Years of Service
User Offline
Same here, I'm afraid. Error occurs after selecting icons in the 'markers' menu. Menu becomes muddled, work area goes black, and error message follows. Screen grab included.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hammer
Years of Service
User Offline
RastaMan that did work, i didnt get all the files.
thank you...
i do have a new bug though, i put together a quick room to hear the new sounds.
test level loaded up but when the game started the editor window stayed up so i couldnt hear or see the game.
also the mouse was stuck in the middle so i couldnt x out.
hit escape and the first time worked my way out, but tryed again same thing.
but this time when i x out it froze the computer.

any ideas?

hammer
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
yes when that happens hit ALT TAB and tab over to your FPSC game and all will be well.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
a screenshot of what? it just goes black.
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
I know what you mean I think V1 was released VERY buggy....But the demo works more me must be something with the full version but I would really like some offical feadback on this issue I know that others would too.
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Im getting the Error - Extra Debug Info: 0 0 problem too, i uninstalled all my other FPSC proggrames (EA and V1 Demo) i then installed it on my computer and it doesn't work. I have also tried installing it on my dad's computer which as far as i know has never had any FPSC proggrames on it and im getting the same problem i cant add markers, prefabs or segments without it crashing!

HELP!

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 20:00
No problems here.

If you did everything in order as stated by Richard Davey would should not have any problems. Simply 'uninstalling' is not enough.

Quote: " Uninstall EA demo *completely*
* Use explorer and find "Program Files/The Game Creators/FPSCEA" (note I can't remember exactly the path)
* Delete all that's in that path
* Now install V1"

I also got the error, but going back and following the instructions above, it worked just fine.

If you have still done this and still have problems, then I don't know what to tell you accept it now works fine for me.

C.Herlihy, MCSE
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 22:11
Oh Dear...

So I uninstalled everything, deleting the entire folder.

Reinstalled, everything looking good.

Added the Chateau Prefab, and tried to test the level. It ran OK, but as soon as I ESCaped, it hung, and never ended. FPSC and the game were "Not Responding" The game would not end in any way at all. FPSC could be killed.

So now I have to reboot to get rid of the game

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, Uninstall both FPSC things(EA and V1), and go into the The Game Creators folder and into the FPSC folder, and delete the ENTIRE Files folder, then install V1, it will work perfectly (atleast for me ).
rabid rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Is the debug error where it freezes up everytime you try to use the markers section of the menu?

Watch out, this bunny bites...
MTC Music
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 18:04
I still get Extra Debug info 0.0 error, even after uninstalling EA version, searching for FPSCEA file in all directories, reinstalling v1. Whenever i try to put a marker, i get black screen and error, and program exits. Why?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 15:09
The core reason behind the EA to V1 crash (and why you have to delete the old EA files manually) is the .BIN files that are created in realtime (created in this case by the EA version). These files are invalid if used by V1, so they must be deleted manually from the (C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator) folder, typically by uninstalling V1, then manually deleting the entire FPS Creator folder as described above, then installing V1 freshly. An old BIN file will cause a crash when you try to select an entity (or less likely a segment) for the first time in V1 (where that entity carries a BIN file from a previous EA session). Hope this helps, though I suspect there might be another unrelated issue included in the reports of this thread. Those that get no joy from the above, repeat post your error in detail along with your system specification and specifically the revision of operating system you are running, thanks!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 15:26
It's teh Lee! Are you back from your vacation or can you just not live without seeing my witty posts ?

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Cozzie
Years of Service
User Offline
downloaded V1, uninstalled EA and put V1 on. Worked OK but when i tried to add a marker it crashed like previous people!

Formated a drive i had lying around, put v1 straight onto it before anything else and i could now add markers! Went to build an exe of the game and halfway through it came up with the same message about debug info! Doh! With no old files/directories or previous version to uninstall i dont know what to try! Anyone with an idea! Checked all directx, min spec etc and they are OK

Help...
Walther
Years of Service
User Offline
When you get Extra Debug info 0.0 error message.

Use Uninstall. Uninstall both FSPC EA version and the V1 version.
Use eksplorer to delete the FSP Creator libery and all the files in this.
When you have do that you must do one thing more.
Run the Regedidit.exe in the Windows libery. Delete all references to FSPC. Use the seekfunktion to find this. Use seekword: FSPC .
Fist now all FSPC stuff are removed from your PC.
Install the V1 version.
You can now put markers on the level, without chrash down.
Thats all!
happy gilmore
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I had the same problem, and ended up reformatting my whole hardrive and reinstalling windows.

Then I installed FPSC and it still gave me the error.

I think my system is compatable, but I do not know how to check to see what my graphics card is.

Also, do I need windows system pack?

Maybe its time to buy a new computer?

I have a Gateway Pentium 3, 1.06 ghz, 1000 mb ram WIN XP

Thanx for any help!
zniper monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 23:58
Oh thanks I've been e-mailing you guys a bit about and venting quite a bit, sorry.
GrimIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 01:34
I get this error af ter adding stairs gantrys and some flooring it gives the "debug 0 0" bug crash but only after it has renderd the level and is trying to save the level...as .exe

New is not always a bad thing...
www.FnGGames.com
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 02:46
I get this error on some entities and I've never had the EA version.
The problem seems to more be in data that has corrupt, disappeared, or an old format.

If people could put a list together of things that they've tested cause this issue, that would be extremely helpful.

gh1
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently started getting this same Error - Extra Debug Info: 0 0 message in what seemed like random situations. I did the uninstall - delete folders - registry clean - reinstall... and the error still appears sometimes. One thing I noticed was that I can recreate the error fairly easily. I can choose any full room segment, place that segment in 7 blocks in a row, add the player marker, test game, and get the error. The error doesn't happen if I place less than 7 full room segments in a row. I don't know if this helps, but that's what happens for me.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 17:08
I have noticed that if you delete ALL your .BIN files and let FPSC recreate them, it seems to work fine.

-This...is my boomstick!
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 23:11
Yes, these are the files to blame.
I think for the next version, we'll be adding Version Checks.
Baffles me to why this isn't the case, but no worries.

Phantom
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried deleting all the bin files (there were a lot of them). Unfortunately, it did not seem to help my map. I tried removing the marker type objects as well, but to no avail. Is there any way to remove the pre-selected objects from the side menus after they have been selected if they are not to be used in the actual map (like the prefabs)?

-Phantom

Faith is daring the soul to believe what the eyes cannot see...
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 00:04
Quote: "Can anyone else remember if they were connected and editing when they had their Error???"

i never had the error. i first uninstalled EA and installed V1, it worked without any errors.

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
Lex Lusifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 01:41
I still get the error after formatting and reloading running only FPs V1 and i know its not my box i have installed it on 4 different machines. I even loaded an alternate install of winxp on my game server and loaded it got the same error.

Im thinking somthing in the game system is corrupt.

How many of you guys bought the disk version?
I downloaded mine figued i didnt need the disk.
Mabe we just got a bunk copy.

BIG DOG STUDD
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Does the boxed version work better that the downloaded version?
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
No its identical in theroy although sum users believe that installing the CD version does fix some problems, it is most likely you did get a "bunk" copy try redownloading or request the cd version to ensure you have an undamaged copy

Thanks
Adam
xero
Years of Service
User Offline
After re-installing several times and eventually formatting and re-installing windows, and still having no luck, I discovered that my sound card driver was the culprit by downloading the newest drivers for it. After installing it everything worked. cool huh!
Lex Lusifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 05:36 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 05:38
I have found in some instances if i use certain floors and ceilings combinations i get this error, So i have found i have to test the environment with each change. Temp files can become corrupt or stay in memory and cause this error also. Other than that on my pre made maps i am getting the error on i have to remove parts one at a time to find the piece or combination causing the problem.

Don't tought the delete key...
Wallace
Years of Service
User Offline
I have removed all traces of FPSC and still keep geting the the same errors and then the program shuts down , But his is only when I try using a segment I have made from the editor (mesh error ##)have been reading threw almost all of the post every where on this forum, seen all kinds of bickering but not much help. Is any one here to help or has this turned into a huge gripe session? Yes I have watched the AVI'S from the MOD and have like I said tried all the hints in the other post too. So to eliminate all possiblitied of it being this system I loaded it on my laptop and also a friends system with the same results (even the supplied segment fron the zip file creates the same error) Will this issue be looked into or since it is an unofficial release are we out of luck. Heck all I want to do is change the graphics on the walls,

Thanks in advance to any one who responds to this post in a positve manner
AxEl2006
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont have this "EA" version or w/e ... i just have FPSC installed.. and the ERROR DEBUG 0.0 still appears sometimes..

newb with vents lol
Bond
Years of Service
User Offline
I never installed the EA version on the computer that I installed V1 on, but when I build a game and it reaches the "Optimising and Saving Universe" section, it shows the error.

The name's Bond....James Bond....
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I have never had the Demo or the EA Version installed on the PC that I got the the error on it is the debug error mentioned in this thread. Since I never had the Demo or the EA Version installed, that tells me that is not the only thing that causes the error.

Dont mean to be the wet blanket.
sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 03:04
well, I am having the same problem too. So after reading all on this
and looking at all 46 pages in this forum I see that alot people must have the same problem. I been emailing the tech support about this for days. All I get from this it my computer, but not in the same words. I have done all that been said to ,but Run the Regedidit.exe in the Windows libery. Delete all references to FSPC. Use the seekfunktion to find this. Use seekword: FSPC .
I did run Regedidit.exe but did not find any files with FSPC in the files name. A lot of files came up. So if any one can help me
email me at:
ufoinder2001@yahoo.com
rennyhampton@thegusworks.com

Thank you
renny/sadsack
Weirdo123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 19:32
I'm having the same problem!!!!!

100% Freak
Mabuggi