Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Error - Extra Debug Info: 0 0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 15:45
Hey lets all list things we think may stop this error.
Then we try them all and post the results.

100% Freak
Weirdo123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 15:46

100% Freak
Weirdo123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 15:27
Any ideas??

100% Freak
Latenight
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't get it? If this problem has been going on since Sept.and now its almost the end of Decemeber, why hasn't there been a patch? I get the same error on any machime I have and that is 4 different ones with different hardware and they all meet the specs plus some. I never had any verison of this EA or demo. I have the CD version. I can't get it run for 5 mins without it locking up. Why dosn't the company get a patch out instead of all of us tying to think of all the different ways to get it to work. It seems like a cool idea but not to stable.
Weirdo123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 22:40
Ya They need a patch!!! And They need to make it now!!!!!!!!
WE need a patch!!!!!
WE NEED ONE NOW!!!!!!!

100% Freak
Latenight
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW! After reading the bug report forum...I wonder if maybe I should have waited to buy this. It looks like it needs a BIG patch to fix alot of this stuff. Lets just hope they work on it soon, I hate to see such a cool product kinda be lame.
Zeppelin Fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 03:36
Zero #43... it will be very slow on your comp becuase it is recommended(i think) for 512 MB of RAM...u tell us that you dunt go that
Elijah
Years of Service
User Offline
Bought this product kinda a shame really hope that when the disk version comes in it will work didn't have anything installed other than DarkBasic pro hope you guys can figure it out only triied to compile a simple game with no major lighting tests work fine in simple mode you really have to come out with something but on a plus keep up the good work really cool software would like to teach it in a introductory to game programming class but to all out there you still need to learn code
Elijah
Years of Service
User Offline
I found that un checking light mapping from the project settings and also when your building an executable seemed to fix my issue with this hope this helps someone
Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 21:09
I am getting this error also.

WHERE IS THE DAMN PATCH OR TECH SUPPORT?
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 23:10 Edited at: 9th Jan 2006 23:11
I also get this error all the time. Reinstalled several times but with the same result. Also deleted the temp directories.

Why is TGC-support not responding on these bugs ? I have bought FPSCreator for about 55 Euro's (including VAT/postage) and think it's a great deal....if it's working properly. But when times passes I see more and more bugs mentioned on this forum. I really hope TGC puts more interest in FPSCreator and fixes all the bugs otherwise it's a dead-end.
Hint: why don't give CellBloc (and others) a contract for fixing all the bugs. Then we know problems will be solved on short term.

A frustated guy.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 00:05
This error is caused by half a million things.

a. If an error occurs BEFORE HAND, shut up and don't talk about the 0 0 error.
b. Don't Click in the white space, only on real entitys.
c. NEVER use preview
d. If you impropperly close FPSC while testing a game, though ALT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+DEL
e. Can't remember any more, try latter.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Merranvo,

Im not trying to start anything but I must ask. What will happen if someone talks about the 0 0 error after you have told them not to?

I wouldnt want to make that mistake if it is going to be something bad.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2006 15:28
Extra Debug Info: 0 0 is the red headed step brother of the blue screen of death. and yes Merranvo is correct their area billion things that can cause this and in most cases is caused by operator error. so let this sleeping dog sleep.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 03:27 Edited at: 27th Feb 2006 03:27
Slowly sneeks up on person posting "0 0 HELP... I NOOB"

Yanks hair back and kicks knees in from behind symultainiusly...
Holds head for a few sec before grabing left arm and twisting the body around onto a well placed anvil.
Picks up nearby blacksmithing hammer.
Places something on anvil and beats it into shape near persons head.

Picks up red hot poker and inserts it into persons ear.
Repeat with other side.
Repeat with eyes.
Repeat with tounge.
Repeat with nose.

Takes hammer and smashes knee caps.
Smashes Elbows.
Smashes Calfs.
Smashes feet.

Takes sword and chops off both hands.
Says "Never post 'Error 0 0' again!"

Drives him to local hospital.
Changes into doctor gown.
Adresses patceint... Hello, I will be your doctor today, we will be taking you down to surgury.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I just see alot of this and think it is pretty silly. I can say what I want when I want. I would like to see another user stop me. Im not upset at all. Im just in mood to hand out a wake up call. All that punishment in text is fine for chatrooms where people might take it seriously. Here it hampers the ,user helping user, process. I personaly give a rip, but there are new users that might be discouraged from using FPSC. That would not be good for TGC or the FPSC community. So in essence, the people that are doing all of this pretend stuff and making people feel stupid, are just counter productive.

So someone has a quick wit. There are millions of quick wits out there, so in that respect they are just average.

So someone has a smart mouth. There are millions of smart mouths out there, so in that respect they are just average.

So they might know something that some others don't. There are millions of people out there that know something that some others don't, so in that respect they are just average.

Im not trying to make anyone angry. I have seen some people help in a big way and then turn around and bash someone that asks a question, sometimes in the same post.

Somone might say that they wouldnt get bashed if they weren't stupid or if they had done some reading before they ask a question.

Why not just point them to the resource and call it good?

One should ask ones self if they are the helpful kind, or the smart mouth that has to show the world how good they are at making other people look small.

If someone wants to be helpfull then they should just be helpful.

If someone wants to mouth off then they would find a much better audience in the chatrooms.

It all boils down to one question.

Why cant we just help each other objectively?

We could all benifit from the wealth of knowledge that can be found here.

Peace and love.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Slacker
Years of Service
User Offline
Another ERROR DEBUG 0:0 issue.

1) I bought V1 & downloaded it from the FTP site.
2) I installed it on my PC & Everything worked great.
3) I recieved the DVD version in the mail, but did not install it since the downloaded version worked fine.
4) I purchased "MagicFPS," installed it & it worked fine as well.
5) I Installed "MakeEntitiesFromXFiles" & it worked fine as well.
------------------------------------
One day, as I was exiting out of my newly created level to go back into the editor, my screen flashed/flickered black a few times, crashed out of FPSC & turned my monitor settings to 4 bit - 256 colors & I could not reset the monitor properties/settings to 1024 X 768 unless I restarted my computer. The strange thing was that after restarting, my monitor settings were magically back to 1024 X 768?? This started to happen more frequently & started doing this while I was using "MakeEntitiesFromXFiles."

This continued until one day, I launched FPS Creator & got the ERROR DEBUG 0:0 just after 30 seconds of load time & FPSC crashed out. Not only does FPS Creator not work anymore, but every FPSC related software WILL NOT launch or open up anymore!?? "MagicFPS," "MakeEntitiesFromXFiles," etc. will no longer work!

I did everything this forum had to offer (& I mean EVERYHING) including re-installing from my DVD version, but FPS is DEAD along with all the other software related to FPSC. I spent money on the software, I am very computer savvy & I am a CG character animator/artist, etc., etc..... Can anyone out there help me out?? I plan on creating a class for FPSC at the university I teach at, but this ERROR issue greatly concerns me. Besides, I want to use it on my PC regardless without this major problem.

Email me directly at adamrote@hotmail.com if anyone has any answers.

Thanks
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2006 05:15
Never use thirdparty software that is connected to the FPSC software stuff.

I don't know what both MagicFPS or MakeEntitys is, please refer me.

Your Graphix crash conserns me also.

Finally, delete the FPSC folder, and reinstall (Save your Maps of course)

Finally, restart your computer, don't hibernate, restart.

Insense, the issue is, there IS NO error 0 0 resource.
I get more mad from people who refer people to this thread then the posters of the error.
But if that poster says... yeah, I got error 0 0. What? Another error before... mabey... I don't remeber... I just clicked okay because I like to ignore errors that don't crash my program. Error 0 0 means NOTHING at all.

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Medusa
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a bit of clarity for all involved,
The fps creator works fine until you try to attach any other program to it, be it entity creator or signs or anything else.
Reason - it thinks it's being hacked and thus responds with 0 error
This in my opinion is quite acceptable in any 'new' UNTRIED software.
UNTRIED means that game creators will surely need time to adjust FPSC to accomodate the variety of set ups we are all running
e.g. firewalls, anti-virus, windows updates etc. not to mention the variety of graphic cards and even on board graphics.
What we need is to stay calm and appreciate the nature of the problem.
FPSC I am quite sure in time will produce a general patch.
Like the blue screen of death the 0 error is the computer's response to what it regards as an unauthorised command
regards

mpc
Medusa
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't like to post twice in a row but this needs to be said:
I thought the reason for the 0,0 error and all the other crashes were a compatibility clash between FPSC and other addon programs and I was totally wrong.
Updating the DirectX caused the problems but is not responsible for them.
The latest directx is calling to 'our' obsolete drivers like my old soundblaster pc128 and this is causing the crash.
I reinstalled one of my old drivers to test this and got every kind of crash including one right at the very start of the fpsc program.
There is no way round it as like me you probably have outdated sound or graphic cards plus old drivers and the answer unfortunately is buy the new bits or get a new computer.
I can now run fpsc to build and save levels and even use the preview to view them but cannot run the level without a 0,0 crash.
Regards

mpc
Mike R
Years of Service
User Offline
I can no longer run FPSC. I get the Extra Debug Info 0 0 at start up. I downloaded the demo and it ran fine. Great program I thought. I Bought it along with the 2 Model Packs. Everything was fine, ran great for about a week. Now for no apparent reason it won't even load. I followed all the suggestions in this thread but still get the same results. It's a shame there is such a lack of support for what could be a great program.

Running
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
AMD Anthlon XP 2900+
512 MB
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Apr 2006 21:09 Edited at: 7th Apr 2006 21:18
Mike R,

Believe me, I understand your frustration. I deal with this type of issue on a daily basis.

There are literally an infinite number of harware and software combinations that can occur on any computer at any time. Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a particular combination of harware/drivers/software that is playing havoc with FPSC. The advent of automatic Windows updates has added to the problem as well. Not what you wanted to hear, I know.

If you want proof of this and of the fitness of FPSC, install it on another computer and you will find, as you did in the beginning, that it runs fine.

No one can take into account all of the possible combinations and assure that the program will run properly in any given situation. It's just not possible. The program runs well for 99% of the computers out there that meet the minimum system requirements, as yours obviously does.

Support is not the issue. Your best avenue at this point is to backup your data, wipe and reload the computer, and get FPSC up and running again. From then on, record each new installation and update so if it does corrupt again, you may find what caused it.

Good luck.

Crazy Grandpa
gameman
Years of Service
User Offline
how do i fix?? does it on every game i make and try test also i cant build games build progress bar wont move well this is the message that i get when i try to test my games >

runtime error 118 - array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 2556

please help

thanks in advamce!!

yes im a noob
pokethamage
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ppls...I got the Debug 0 0 error too but I read through this thread and mine is unlike any of yours. Here's what I did:

1) I made my game level and pressed test game.
2) The dialogue that is supposed to show how much it has loaded shows up as shown in the attached screenie. But the bar and the status messages never showed.
3) The game pops up just 2 to 3 seconds after the loading dialogue shows up with the logo of "the game creators" flashing once.
4)Then it goes blank (black screen) to load.
5) After a while the game shows after loading is done.
6) When I was done I pressed ESC to quit, then the screen in the attachment shows. (As in it never changed from "procedure #2")
7) I waited a while and the error dialogue that we all know so well with the "Extra Debug Info: 0 0" message shows up and the program ends with the game level lost.

I shut down ZoneLabs firewall thing and Kaspersky virus thing before starting the program, and I never downloaded the demo nor the "EA" version. I just bought the CD version yesterday and that's the only version of FPSC that touched my PC. I uninstalled FPSC and deleted the FPS Creator folder completely. Then I reinstalled it and the same thing happens if I do test game. I did that 3 times already. I tried to build the game too but the program freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del it off... Any ideas what caused it?

meh...?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 22:52
@pokethamage

It would be very helpful if you would post your system specs with the problem. I am going to assume that your system meets the minimum requirements to run FPSC.

From looking at the image you posted, it looks like your system is having trouble loading the game into memory. These are some things you can check:

Note: Turning off running programs and processes is not the same as if they had not started to begin with. Some of the settings and changes made by the program starting up will remain in effect even after you stop the program.

1. Take all unecessary programs and processes out of the boot sequence.
2. Check system resource and defrag your HDD if necessary. A good rule of thumb is that you have at least 3 times your RAM in HDD free space. That means continuous free space. (1GB of RAM requires 3GB of continuous HDD space)
3. Set your build settings and preferences back to default if you have changed them.

I hope this helps.

Crazy Grandpa
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2006 00:15
2) The dialogue that is supposed to show how much it has loaded shows up as shown in the attached screenie. But the bar and the status messages never showed.
According to #3, for some reason FPSCreator isn't running FPSC-Game correctly. (and the output isn't being collected)

3) The game pops up just 2 to 3 seconds after the loading dialogue shows up with the logo of "the game creators" flashing once.
That is 'okay', and it confirms that FPSC-Game is just being run.

4)Then it goes blank (black screen) to load.
Once again, 'okay'.

5) After a while the game shows after loading is done.
Good.

6) When I was done I pressed ESC to quit, then the screen in the attachment shows. (As in it never changed from "procedure #2")

7) I waited a while and the error dialogue that we all know so well with the "Extra Debug Info: 0 0" message shows up and the program ends with the game level lost.

Game Level LOST? Test game, in my experiance, appears to autosave data.

One problem, causes all of this, And that is number 2. The question is, what causes #2 (and don't answer that)

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
pokethamage
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for not replying for a long time...but that's because i've found a problem. turns out i had a virus on my pc that infects the running exe files and find more exe files to infect, like the rest of the other viruses that infects exe files. this one came out pretty recently so my virus scanner couldn't detect it. but it finally got the protection and i found that all my exe files were infected and there's no way to disinfect the virus so i had to delete all the exes on my other, storage drive and reinstall windows. then it was solved. the virus didn't infect the fps creator core files and everything ran seamlessly. thanks for the replies though.

meh...?
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i have created custom characters and every time i try to load them i get the error runtime thing

is there a way i can repair this?

anybody?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2006 01:08
crow34,

It would seeem that your characters are not in a valid .x file format for use with FPSC but given your status as a user I would find that hard to believe.

What is the error?

I presume that this only happens with custom characters and not other entities you have made?

You might check that you have not exceeded the AI script limit of keeping below the 200 mark and any possibility of exceeding the map object limit of segment types which is who knows what? Not me.

Exceeded AI script limits on entities cause my set up to fail at compiled game run and the MOL on segments will cause failure on test run in editor.

Just a few points though I have no idea exactly what your error is or what causes it.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2006 05:33 Edited at: 14th Jun 2006 05:38
Well,, I NEVER HAD the EA Version, and I get the same debug error, so I honestly believe it has NOTHING to do with the EA version, but more so with the program itself.

EDIT++ Try getting "enditall". It's a program on the web, Do a search for it. It will be hard to find because there is a battle over licensing, but you can still find the free version. The battle is over the new version.

Use it and end all process' that arent windows necessary. Seems to solve my problem.
I replaced my video card
Years of Service
User Offline

Richard davey I realy need help. my computer crashes every time I try to delete the ea version thingy.

It wont work it does the same thing over and over again I paid $300
Help!!!!!!
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this quite often, never had the ea, the "Only" "non-official" thing I have on the computer is the cave segments.

I am willing to blame the cave segments, but I need them, so saying delete them from the comp isnt a solution.

Also this was not another error that became 0.0 when I continued. It normaly happens just after "Building Portals". And I have everyting on MIN, cos Im not at a "Making it look pretty" stage

H&K
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
I sometimes get this and it is stupid because it is often when I place more than two of the same enemy in the same fpm. I do this, then test the game, and it stop halfway through the bit after loading entitybank then says...

Runtime Error: Object already exists at line 18225

and it is always the same line!
then the debug thing comes up.

then it shuts down.

i also have a problem, when after testing game and closing the test down, it either keep the test window up or goes back to fpsc and the editor is a white screen.
plus the busy cursor comes up (white hourglass)

any help?

coz i know that everyone on tgc forums is really smart

Various Model Pack #1
Buy it now!! Only £3
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 18:36
We've had that problem for sometime now, Phlum. There a varying reasons for why it does it. Have to wait for an update someday.

-Keith

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 10:04
Why is this topic even HERE. Everyone knows that the error is caused by anything and everything. There is no point to persist in keeping this topic open as few people have solutions.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 11:33:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 11:33:24