Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Old times and old people

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 01:52
Just watch! Alot of people will come back from FPSC\'s early days (and adopter ) now and be with us once again.

BOOM! Awww shucks! There goes the world. again.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 04:04
A man is sitting at desk talking on the phone. "Yes, you can release the hostages, V1 has been released now. No point in holding any of the EA users hostage with V1 is out. Oh and by the way, we need to put out a call to the hunters so they can begin hunting down V1 users. That is all." The man hangs up the phone. On his hand is a ring with a gold encrusted S. He picks up the white fluffy cat off the floor. "Everything is going according to plans Buttercup"
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 04:34
Chris,

FPSC quite legitimately I think is seen by some to be not suitable to make games with due to many reasons which we wont go into here and so they may never use it.

A lot of game makers wont use it I am sure though thats the case for all engines. Some have reasons others just have favourites.

Anway I hope you are right of course.

Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
The main problem is that most individuals, regardless of age or maturity level, forgot the fact that the EA version of FPSCreator was nothing more than a buggy beta that Lee and company allowed to be purchased ahead of time, knowing it was not ready for prime time, in the hopes that people would be mature enough to simply report the bugs and get to use what they (and I) feel is revolutionary software in the making - and to be a part of that incredible development cycle.

People forgot this and COMPLAINED and BITCHED and MOANED and GROANED - hmmm - wasn't it a beta after all????? It was sold as such. I believe Lee, Rick, etc acted quite fairly and maturely - and professionally - through the entire cycle.

Hopefully those people that see this software as either amazing entertainment or something that could indeed be used to write either a casual, nearly amateur production that is fun to play with family and friends or an all-out pro production worthy of the retail market - of course, that takes a team of people with talent, skill, patience and a heck of a good idea to begin with.

I, for one, cannot wait to see what develops.

But people, STOP COMPLAINING.

Mike
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:04
Eh? Hey SoulMan, good one!

But I know what ya mean Mike.

BOOM! Awww shucks! There goes the world. again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 10:21:52
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 10:21:52