Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / very very slow compile times?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:16
Hi,

Dont know whether anyone else is experiencing the very very slow compile times, but i am...

I have atempted 3 times to compile the sci fi level 2 demo to an executable, and on this third attempt, it has been running for 2 hours, and seems to have stuck on around 70% mark

My pc is an amd 64, with 1 gig memory and gt 6600 oc graphic card, so this really shouldnt be happening

Anybody else had this?

Thanks

Steve
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:30
What stage does it get stuck on (text description)? The only obvious thing I can think of is to check your lightmapping settings.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:33
Hi

The lights are set to the highest setting, but still... almost 3 hours and its still stuck at 70%? How long would a full game take!

Cheers

Steve
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 17:36 Edited at: 8th Sep 2005 17:36
If you have the light settings on the highest it really takes long time! Put the lighsettings down It will take hours to compile an exe with full lighmapping(Depending on how many lights the level got).

Visit PanzerGames here
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 18:08
This is true.. to test a level turn down that lightmapping big time. If set to full and you've a lot of lights in your level then expect to leave your PC on overnight to render them all.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 10:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 10:32:28