Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I dont like the new instructions, how do i change the view?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 23:40
I want to view each page seperatly not two at a time, is there a way i can do this?

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 23:42
Change the zoom level on your PDF viewer?

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 23:44 Edited at: 8th Sep 2005 23:44
well, that just zooms it in closer, i just want to view each page as one, not two side by side

Dylnuge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 06:11
They sent the pages as 2 at a time, as in 1 Electronic page is 2 printed pages. Unfortunatly, this is better suited for real manuals, not electronic ones. If you print and use oppisite sides and fold, you can create a reilistic looking manual.

Tranzerk Technologies Current Project: Project: Trenton.
Defeat the Mechna Army! Long live Universal Command!
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Acrobat will allow you to adjust how you view pages ten ways to sunday - you may have simply missed how to do this.

Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 07:49
no music, i doubt it, two pages are one image

Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Swhale - after looking at the pdf - you're right, they were actually scanned / rendered as facing pages --> one page - now that's frustrating.

You can crop the pages for every other page and have two versions of the manual (very frustrating) - and only if you have the full version of acrobat.

Not a great way to make a manual guys!!!!

Mike
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 00:10
Music Man: This is the manual to print. It's not made for viewing it like that. And i'm good with this view.

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 00:26
My advice, ( like what skalez said ) print the manual out, then you can fold the pages and make it into a booklet like printed-out manual dingy.

Hey hey hey, It's Faaaaat albert!
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you're missing the point Skalex and TheDude - The reason a PDF manual IS a good thing is because (a) it's indexed so you can hypertext over to a part you need to read or have a question about, and (b) with today's advanced video cards you can have FPS Creator on one screen and the manual on another (assuming you have two monitors) - this is EXACTLY what I have and do - but because the pages are side by side, you cannot zoom into them so easily without having to do a lot of side scrolling, which is horribly annoying.

Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 06:38
yes, and even if i print them out and fold them, how would i put them together? and i have a question, it says my fps creator was shipped out the 9th, how long does stuff from TGC usually take to get delivered?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 07:16
Well, I haven't had anything shipped since the 3d gamemaker but from what I remember it doesn't take that long, and I was in Califonia!

World War III: Battle At The Front
Website Coming Soon!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 07:46
as in, three days or what?

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 12:54
Quote: "yes, and even if i print them out and fold them, how would i put them together?"

A stapler perhaps? Or a hole-punch + ring-binder?

Quote: " and i have a question, it says my fps creator was shipped out the 9th, how long does stuff from TGC usually take to get delivered?"

Depends where you live of course! Read the email we sent you when it was dispatched, it actually quotes the average delivery times.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
From what I remember on the "upgrade for ea users" offer, wasn't Priority shipping, among other things, included? If so, Priority shipping is two day by air. Now, of course, if its shipped internationally, other crap applies, like tarrifs and oversea expenses - not exactly cheap and for $7.81 in total, I cannot see you guys LOSING money over this. I'm patient. I already downloaded my copy - the boxed version, which I purchased, I hope comes with a printed manual nice ring bound like my Dark Basic Pro manuals! I doubt I will re-install anyway after all the crap I had to go through to get FPS Creator to really work 100% (read my other perturbed post for that story). However, extra models or stuff I will definitely install if included.

Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 21:01 Edited at: 11th Sep 2005 21:11
richard davey, i accually wasnt asking how to physically stick them together. i was wondering how a place them, like, how to fold and organize them together, but, im not too worried anymore, i should be getting mine in the mail soon. I live in illinois, usa so how long would that be?

EDIT: Richard, i got the same exact e-mail that i did when i upgraded to V1 now, just a different subject, and the serial and username were bleeped out. no shiping info there

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 09:25:37
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 09:25:37