Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / nothing is working right...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I had the V1 Demo and everything was running ok and now i just got V1 full unistalled all of the demos and the EA rebooted my PC and i get that Debugg error 0.0 when i do random things BUT it ALWAYS happens when i try to add a player start or a light...

My system

Windows 2000
AMD athlon XP 2700+
1 gig ram
Geforce 6600GT

Any thoughts?

Thx

glyvin101
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 00:50
go in your EA folder and delete all! (if you installed FPSC V1 demo delete it first, and now delete everything, and install the demo...)

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 01:01
same ething happened to me, make sure all previous FPSC folders are gone (even the demo)

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
yes as i said EVERYTHING was gone lol
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 03:56
Got my download after work the 7th. Very cool ! but.. the debug error thing.. so. I have been backing up everything onto cd's and going to format my pc back to brand new just like the day I bought it.. Then load up the V1 !!! Cannot wait to check this out ! I really liked the EA so I am sure this will blow me away !!! Thanks again Game Creators ! L8R, whyrag
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
I may have to try reformating my PC also any other ideas on how to solve my problem?
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 07:04 Edited at: 9th Sep 2005 07:05
Here's what you do all:

If you already have the EA version or ANY VERSION of FPS Creator on your system - go to your CONTROL PANEL and double click on ADD/REMOVE SOFTWARE. Find all instances of FPS Creator and remove them.

After you are done removing them - YOU ARE NOT DONE!!!

Go to c:program filesThe Game Creators (or whereever you installed any and all fo the PFS Creator products and demos and DELETE EVERYTHING. If you have segments and other stuff you created, copy and paste that data to a backup folder somewhere, but make sure you delete everything in the install directories.

I found some hidden files that would not delete right away, so I rebooted my machine after all this and THEN was able to completely delete the Game Creators folder with FPS Creator in it.

NOW

Install your demo or full version fresh and copy back anything you backed up that you created - NOT SYSTEM FILES OR CORE FPS CREATOR FILES, just your own segments, entities, etc.

Now you should be good to go.

To test, add some ground segments and try to add a light or player marker - if the screen goes black and then you get the error - you STILL have an FPS Creator directory lurking on your machine somewhere.

I hope this solves the problem as it did for me.

Mike
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
I reformated trying to reinstalled now!
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 07:38
@glyvin101

You had to reformat your comp? That sucks. It'll probably help though.

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i dont have to but I did...wait i did not format I just reinstalled the OS meh now i am getting a DLL error i am getting angry too I may have to try a full refomate grrrrrrrrrrrr

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 10:41:48
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 10:41:48