Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some possible bugs or other errata

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 06:48 Edited at: 9th Sep 2005 06:49
Some bugs I am seeing is that when you place a light or some entities, it may not show up on the editor as placed, so you can click ten times and realize it's not being shown. However, after a refresh, there's the eleven lights (or other entities/markers, etc) you just went crazy left-clicking in frustration - this happens quite a bit.

Some textures on segments have practical jokes in them - like handrawn elements or missing textures - you may want to look at all the textures and make sure they were not messed with.

Lights after the lightmapper renders the build - do not work properly. Many times they stop at the end of a polygon (so you have a nice organic shadow on one side and a jaggie line on the other side. Seems to do this in every kind of lightmapper preference (light, medium and heavy).

Lights after being lightmapped still go through walls - so an outdoor scene has to be CAREFULLY lit as to not have the interior lighting mess with the outdoor scene (and lighting).

Most of the bugs I am seeing regard editor refresh issues except the lightmapper.

Mike
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 23:17
Yep, the "lights through walls" bug from the EA is still there, Makes it very hard to create a dark atmosphere because you have to carefully conceal the light errors. I hoped this would have been a high priority to fix from early on. Please fix it TGC

Also, to bring as much attention to it as possible: Sounds placed anywhere in the game can be heard all over the level, ie through walls, three stories above. There to no way to stop them or give them any possible 3D properties, even with proximity commands. A beta tester told me there was a stopsound=x, I don't see it in the manual or in any default scripts. Please fix this as well

Looking good other than those BIG problems

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-03 10:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-07-03 10:13:07