Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Now I'm getting Perturbed - FPS crashes and ceases to function . . .

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 05:11 Edited at: 11th Sep 2005 05:12
Upon attempting to build an executeable, it crashed on me. After rebooting several times and from then on, I cannot build an executeable (haven't been able to so far). Just when I thought all was working, the dreaded error popped up (Debug info: 0,0). I had previously deleted all traces of the EA version (full) and never had the demo installed.

I never tried to build an executeable, so I thought all was well since previewing worked seemingly well.

This is getting upsetting, because now it seems my entire program stopped working. I will obviously try to reinstall and see if that fixes anything, but I doubt it - since that debug info error seems to be EVERY FREAKIN PLACE!!!

Lee, please fix this!!!

Mike
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 05:59
Ok music man, I may be able to help you. I also had this error and understand where your problem strays from the normal. First of all you must uninstall FPS Creator. Then you have to go into 'The Game Creators' 'FPS Creator' highlight all of the files inside 'FPS Creator' and delete them. Now you should have a clean slate. Your problem may still occurafter this. This may be because you added in the extra models you had in the EA. The folders with the models you had b4 have .bin's in them. These .bin files are what create the Debug Error 0-0. Make suer you delete everything. Also, the underground tools, if you have them, may have .bin files. make sure all of the .bin's are deleted in every instance, they wont harm any information, they are just a cache-like file. Then re-start, and re-install FPS Creator, reply if your problem still exists.

Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
I had already done this - totally deleted everything and reinstalled the fresh 400MB file. I did not get these errors till today - out of the blue even. In fact, I have been testing my levels with zero problems till this afternoon. I downloaded nothing. However, another software package I am using the beta of, a music software, also gave me problems and ever since then, so has pfs creator. But these are the only two programs that are causing me grief so far.

I'll uninstall fps again and delete all and try again!!!

Mike
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG - upon uninstallation from add/remove control panel, I got a MAIN APP CATASTROPHIC FAILURE from installshield - and this is EXACTLY what happened with the other software package - ntrack studio - it has been giving me installshield errors all day.

DAMN DAMN !@$#%^*& I AM PISSED OFF
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
It let me uninstall the second time round - freakin weird man - if I did not have such incredible antivirus and firewall protection, I would swear something sinister is afoot!!!!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 06:32
this is odd

Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 06:52 Edited at: 11th Sep 2005 06:53
OK - now things are working.

Here's what I had to do:

(1) uninstall fps creator twice
(2) delete the "The Games Creators" directory and everything in it.
(3) run regedit and look for all instances of "fps creator" and delete them
(4) Find any other directories and instances of any version of fps creator and any fps creator data files ANYWHERE on my computer and delete them
(5) Re-install fps creator after making 2GB of free space available on my 'C' drive even though I was installing it to my 'J' drive.

Then I tested it and even built a game level and it worked this time.

Finally, I can now actually use FPS Creator. Wow - what a royal pain in the badukie!!!
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
Seemt like FPSC is loooong from bug-free, According to the amount of bug-posts being cubmitted recently.
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 15:09
It's strange. I done exactly what it takes, uninstalling FPS Creator EA and deleting the folder FPS Creator and installed FPS Creator V1, it worked..

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
Shigidy Wigidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 18:59
Whats this
delete the "The Games Creators" directory and everything in it.
where is it located

http://cgstudios.bravehost.com <- tell me how to make that a link
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 20:57
shigidy, its under the drive you installed the program on, most likely C:. go in there, then program files after youve uninstalled and delete the folder names the game creators

Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 01:06 Edited at: 12th Sep 2005 01:08
It's under (if set to default) "c:/program files/the game creators/fps creator"

If you installed it anywhere else, say your 'd' drive, then it would be under "d:/the game creators/fps creator"

Got it?

Delete that entire directory, including "The Game Creators"

I also suggest using regedit to manually remove left over entries from the registry - that seems to continue to muck up the works AFTER you uninstalled AND deleted fps creator. The uninstaller does not uninstall everything.

Mike
sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 18:47
I am having the same problem. I have uninstall it and then delete all the other files that was left. OK how do I use this regedit, I did not delete files from registry. Will I know what files to delete just by looking at them? Will they have fps in the file some way so I know to delete them?
Thank You
renny
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 19:04
@Music Man & sadsack:

Quick Question:

What Enemies/Characters are in your map AND what Enemies/Characters are in your "toolbar" on the side? (they may not be on the map, BUT if they are in the toolbar, they still get compiled with the rest.)

I may have a easier solution for you.

-This...is my boomstick!
sadsack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 21:54
I don't know her name, but it was the space woman. and she was on the side. Where can I find the the fps file in the registry? I used
regedit, and could not fine any other file that I knew that they were fps files
Thank You
renny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:48:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:48:46