Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / "Press enter to read".

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 01:26
Can anyone make me script just like the script where u can walk upto something and it shows you an image, only u have to press eneter to do it? thanks!
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 23:20
press enter to do what? make the text show up?

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking along the same lines, there was a PDA thing in Conkerbunker that you could read the message,maybe something like that but a letter thats opened or book?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 15:02
Yeah, this is something I really would appriciate, since in the novel I'm writing (coincidentally 'Project Luna'), letters are constantly found revealing details of the story, which is something I want to carry into my FPSC incarnation. Merranvo, I'm looking in your direction ...

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2005 00:03
just tell me what you guys need done, and i can help you out...

Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2005 18:53
Oh sorry! These days nothings answered...
Yeah, you walk upto a file and it says at the bottom
"Press enter to use"
And when you press enter a letter will show. when u press any key it will dissapear. I need to find out the font for the "press enter" thing. So I can change it to "Press enter to read"

Thanks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2005 00:07
Oh, well, you can just change the entre test to your favorite and make a whole new picture, it may help to use the same dimensions as the press enter to read one for positioning purposes and such

Springfield Nights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 22:44
You can acutally study and modify the dooruse.fpi script to do this trick.

The first two triggers set up the HUD to display the text...

Quote: "
:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\pressentertouse.tga,hudname=usedoorprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10
:state=10,plrdistwithin=60:hudshow=usedoorprompt,hudfadeout=usedoorprompt
"

The second two wait for the player to be within 60 units (plrdistwithin=60) and if he player is using the action/enter key (plrusingaction=1).

Quote: "
:state=10,plrdistwithin=60,plrusingaction=1:activate=2
:state=10,activated=2:state=1,setframe=0,sound=$0
"

I would write the script for you (not really) but it would just take the whole FUN out of learning the scripting system. (Your definition of fun being a relative variable)

I might be writting some scripting tutorials if I ever master the scripting system. I need a better Rosetta Stone myself than the manual provides.

Gotta LOVE this software though.

By the way is you are gonna try your hand at writting these script you HAVE to try the free FPI Maker by rlopez. Read more about it in the forum at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49992&b=23

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:31:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:31:00