Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Help, need to know how to many scrolling with many background

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

Does someone knows how to make a scrolling with many background, like the instruction "titleBlock in Blitz 3D" ?
For example, you have you sprite moving with arrow key, behind it, you have the first background, and behind this you have another background...?

Thanks
Teh Missingz0rs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 23:26
Why have you posted this in both the Code Snippets and 2D all the way forums? Once is enough.

It's a Selecta.
SasukiShinozawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm...you could make the first background transparent (big black section in the middle) and have the second background scrolling slowly behind that.

I'm guessing you're thinking of most side-scrolling flight shooters or something? If that's the case, make sure to have the second background scrolling slower than the first.

Tanto? Iie. Kore wa tachi desu.
romvallon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, SasukiShinozawa
But, reading the doc of Darkbasic, I didn't see any intruction that allow us to make something like "blob"...
well, i can find a way to make the scroll with sprite and picture using the tranparency.
But it seems to complicate...., but it's ok
just to know if he does exiest something more easier...
thanks

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 10:55
romvallon - what you're after is an effect known as parallax scrolling, yes? Like in Shadow of the Beast? It is perfectly possible and you could use either transparent sprites or images pasted onto the display. There is no command to "do it for you" (but you'll not find one in Blitz either) but it's still not too hard to do.

Download the demo, have a look at the sprite commands and see what you can come up with. Post a message here if you need help while you're trying.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
romvallon
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, Administrator. Sounds goods. I can make a sub to make this scrolling like Shadow of the Beast.
One base idea ( I Found in this forum) is to create (for a picture : 640*480 pixel)480 sprites like:1 sprite=640*1 pixels

So I think, it can be so long to move all background..

But Between Blitz3D and DarkBasic Pro, I beleive DB Pro is better (under Blitz3D, no intruction to use the force joy...), 3D code is easier. 1 day to compare it, but in 2D, Blitz seems to be better..

Well "VIVE DB Pro", I just subscript to DB Net... Let see, what are level of coder inside.
:p

romvallon
Years of Service
User Offline
Administrator,

The code does not work, in the line to MOD... I use DarkBasic Pro, and it says does not recognize "Load Mod..."

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:22