Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d Help please, very frustrated

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I own 3ds max and have run into the dilema of having my carefully crafted 3ds character animation mangled to a blob when i load it into db. when i view my charactor in db it squirms about patheticly in a mess of mis-arranged objects. I have noticed another member has asked a question like this but got no answer, only a "you should know if you read your big thick manual" response from the administrator.

the main problem, i think, is that .3ds files don't retain "linking of objects" information, i have not used bones, only seperately modeled limbs linked together after i configured the "joints" or the "axis" information.

I am in desperate need of an alternate solution to get around this problem, any help or steer in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 03:36
AFAIK you can use the bones for an hierarchy even in a .3ds file....

Did you Reset the X-For mon the objects?(Utilities panel)

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 03:45
well... it should be retaining the Heirachy
but then it depends on how you linked them?

did you do it with the Chain Link icon?
because doing it that way remembing you go highest level first (it is such a bloody awkard system) and then setting the Axis Position and finally the IK Linking Parent-Child structure ... you'll have the animations export fine

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 14:45
-you go highest level first (it is such a bloody awkard system) and then setting the Axis Position and finally the IK Linking Parent-Child structure

After setting up the axis's,all I do is add the bone(using the Pick root button) and everything exports fine

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
johnnyparkff
Years of Service
User Offline
I found out the problem... i had grouped some objects and that was screwing it up, i just went back and ungrouped and re-linked everything, only one problem remains... one of the lower arms appears connected elbow to mid arm(in db, not 3ds max), while the other arm is fine, is there anything i could do to check or fix it?

Thank you for your help

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 20:36
erm... did you mirror copy? if so unlink, reset the XForm and relink

and you probably have but should rename each limb differently
hehee - Actarus thats cool, but he's doing it without the bones

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:28:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:28:04