Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is there a FPSC script lexicon?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Anybody know where a FPSC scripting lexicon is at? Like a dictionary of syntax with example code snips in it? (Please if there isn't one or you don't know anything about it dont make comments in the thread like... "You just have to open up a script and experiment." GAWD!)

Thanks...
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 09:05
I'm pretty sure there is no included lexicon, but if you download 'FPI Editor' (In the Showcase thread, I think), that has a small window on the side that gives you short summaries of all of the commands.

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
In the manual, somewhere in the 90's.
brydaguy
Years of Service
User Offline
This list of FPI actions is on page(s)86-90 of the manual.
This resource is closer to a very simple dictionary. It's not in alphbetical order either - sort of a list of commands grouped together by mildly related actions in no particular order. Glad we got this - not a LEXICON. A script lexicon describes syntax and gives an example of command use. Further: related actions are cross referenced.

Do we know if this is an exhaustive list - are there any undocumented actions? Are there unusual combinations of actions that yield useful results - Just one thread a FPI Script Lexicon would solve for instance: Can an entity follow waypoints while in hover. Is this how lateral lifts work? How does individual entity gravity work? Is there global gravity and is it action scriptable? Are hover, float rate, and gravity related? If we make gravity negative does float rate increase? Does a negitive float rate increase an entity's relative gravity? Are entity animation sequences effected by these commands?

You can tug on the FPI maker thread here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49992&b=23
Cool information - helps to have an action list while making an FPI.

Though very helpful resources - these are NOT A LEXICON. A lexicon is a definitive resource that ends guessing what script actions do. A lexicon would save the community scads of time...and let those who like to tinker really get under the hood. (and please don't suggest I write a Lexicon (but if there isn't one that would be huge and somebody who likes to script should.) I myself can hardly script entities out of a paper bag... GAWD!)

Thanks...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 00:31
Write A Lexy... I wanna Lexy

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 19:44:11
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 19:44:11