Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Thought it was just shaders but it i was wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 04:31 Edited at: 19th Sep 2005 04:33
Ok i have spent a little time with fpscreator tonite and here is what i have from test mode.

This image is from a full shader lab prefab.

Notice the white and black lines on the floor and the walls, these lines almost look like light but if moving or even standing still these move around the walls and floor sometimes even looking like shapes or other textures overlaying the walls.

Now this is a no shader of the same prefab above.

Everything appears to be fine with the level.

This is a full shader segment room build using the full lab.

Same thing as the prefab the moving lights,shapes or overlayed textures whatever they are.

Now this is where it gets a bit strange.

This is a no shader of the same level.

The room looks fine except for one thing, there are L's all over the damn walls these L's are on every single wall some are strait and some appear to pointed on a 22 degree angle towards the roof of the room.

This is a image of the very first prefab lab level build out to a exe.

Every single wall that was effected in test mode with the light,shapes or textures is now completely invisable but notice the roof and the glass is perfectly fine.

All the other levels when compiled out look exactly the same as there test photos do.

I have uninstalled the EA version including deleteding the folder that it was in, cleaned out my registry and even cleaned out anything having to do with the EA from my temp folder.

These photos are from a clean install of v1.
Graphics card im using is a ATI (Connect3D) Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition 256MB pci-express also i am using the latest 5.8 drivers from ati's site.

I never had anything even remotely close to this happen when i used the EA and i was using the same card.

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 04:39
wierd, i got a 9700 pro, doesnt do it to me, and its a 128 mb vid card.... hmmm. idn

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
Infinint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 04:43
I had already posted a thread about this problem:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=61035&b=21

It seems to be just the scifi stuff that looks like this. It might be a problem with bumpmapping or some kind of overlay. Also notice now the rooms appear bright if there is a light in the room or not. WWII segments are more effected by lights in a room.
Music Man
Years of Service
User Offline
I too get those darn 'L's everywhere all the time

I have a radeon 9600 xt pro 256 MB card - agp 8x

Weird man!!!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 14:11
L stand for LOVE

Dont trust anyone...
maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
the l's are on hte textures... i just photoshopped them and theyre gone....
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 00:14 Edited at: 20th Sep 2005 00:17
Quote: "the l's are on hte textures... i just photoshopped them and theyre gone.... "

Thanks maxd, i'll give the textures a look through and clone out the L's if thats the case then. I was starting to get a little pissed off and it was late last nite when i posted this cause i orginaly thought it was just a shader problem but when i compiled out the lab with no shaders and saw those L's it blew my mind. My luck i would pick a room segment with a messed up texture to do my checking with.

Quote: "It might be a problem with bumpmapping or some kind of overlay"

Yeah i think it is the bump mapping.

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 03:01
You know what the "L"'s stand for right?

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

maxd
Years of Service
User Offline
@chrisB

what do the L's stand for....
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 01:26
C'mon are you realy that dull? Who created the bloody software?

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 19:53:49
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 19:53:49