Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Looking to join serious game creator's. "Help Needed"? Check This Out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone. Im most known for my step by step tutorials everywhere I go. I appreciate you reading this post. To get to the point of this post. Basically what this is, is a "help wanted" add. If one person makes a game, it isnt at its full postential. Especially since good quality games take years to finish, and perfect. Im not trying to be a millionaire here. Im not trying to make anything actually. Im looking for a dedicated group who is interested in making games. Im in the Marines, and like we tell the younger guy's , "There is no "I" in team". So in this I show you what I own and a sort of resume. Im looking for dedicated, hard working, team. Whether your 5, or 50, or whatever, dosent matter to me.

Programs I Legally OWN.
- 3DS MAX
- LightWave 8
- Caligari TrueSpace
- Caligara GameSpace
- Dark Basic Proffessional
- Dark Matter 1 & 2
- Game Maker v6
- FPS Creator V1
- Explorations RPG System
- PaintShop Pro 9
- Torque Game Engine
- Cool Edit Pro
- FRAPS
- Windows Movie Maker

No I'm not rich. You'd be surprised what you find on ebay!

Thing's I could bring to the group:
- DarkMatter 1 & 2 models.
- Knowledge in creating models.
- Knowledge in exporting models.
- Knowledge in phpnuke & HTML language.
- Master of the Unreal Engine
- Basic knowledge of C language.
- Basic knowledge of DarkBasic language.
- Ability to make proffessional sounds.
- Video Editing
- Level Design
- Knowledge of GTK Radiant, used to create maps.
- I bring with me a good concept Artist, if needed.
- Install Creator

Most of all I have the drive and dedication to create game's. When I first learned the unreal engine, I was thinking of it before I went to sleep, and it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up. You will never hear the word I quit, or see the text typed out. I am interested in being able to sit back, and look at what we have created and see people interested in the upcoming, releases. My goal is to build a fan base, and loyal followers. Building games, is my dream, and has been for around 4 years.
If interested gimme a shout here, or e mail me at mike_and_angela@sbcglobal.net . I check it everyday. Im looking for a well organized. Great group to work with. Thanks everyone.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 06:44 Edited at: 20th Sep 2005 06:45
This sounds greatly respectable, I have the same great goals as you, anthough not the same resources, I dream of also being able to go full force into making games with a purely dedicated team. I never take not having an answer, I am driven by learning and never quench my thirst. You sound like a great, intelligent man who knows his buisness, I hope you go far.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 11:17
That's all very nice. Do you have any clue on how to use any of that software? Have you ever worked on a published game?

Take a look at my profile if you meet my requirements.

-This...is my boomstick!
madhouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 17:42
That sounds all well and good. Not going to be a skeptical butthead but be careful who replies to this. Having done some projects/ventures in the past..people all wanna put on a show but few are able to get through the mundane tasks that are involved in getting a creative venture off the ground. After a few months everyone has 'something else to do'.

Good luck with your show. I actually may be interested if you are all you say you are.

relax - in a 100 years who's gonna care
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 00:42
Quote: "- 3DS MAX
- LightWave 8
- Caligari TrueSpace
- Caligara GameSpace"

Quote: "- Torque Game Engine
- Cool Edit Pro
- FRAPS"

OMG, you try to piss me off, eh?! joke
that would be a dream to have these thing i dont own (i will own TrueSpace soon, hehe)

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 01:31
Quote: ""There is no "I" in team""

I here you ther, man. there can't be an "I" in a team. But there can be a me and a you. Lol, I knew that at age 5.

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 03:22
devildog, i am much like yourself, and i also have been searching for a good team...but i am too far into my current project so i cannot join as of now.

my game is set to release summer 2006, and has been in production since 2002. possibly after i release this to the public, if the offer is still open, perhaps we could form a partnership.

i own most of the programs you listed as well as some good video editing and texturing tools ( i have EVERYTHING from Adobe). i have 3ds max (stand alone license), but i prefer to use blender because of the never ending boundries of open source.

but like i said, its too late to turn this into a team project, but if the opportunity is open when i am, i will gladely accept.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I can use all those things. with the help of 3dbuzz.com i have become very good at them. Im better at Lightwave, then 3DS MAX though. The only games I have ever made myself. Are a Breakout game, Easy I know, Pong, easy again, and I made a simple 15 minute long RPG game using C, and an Instant Messenger. Im 26 years old, im not new to everything computer related. Im still studying C as we speak. Game Maker. LoL yeah im good at it. Easy way to make games. Cool Edit, anyone can use that. I have a keyboard, with over 550 effects.
PS. IM LOOKING TO JOIN A GAME MAKING CREW. NOT START ONE OF MY OWN.
PS. IM NOT THE MASTER BY FAR AT ANY OF THESE PROGRAMS. I DO HOWEVER KNOW HOW TO USE ALL OF THEM. .
YOU WANT MASTERS GO TO NOLDOR, OR MERRANVO. IM LOOKING TO GROW WITH A GROUP, NOT RAISE IT MYSELF.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 04:22 Edited at: 21st Sep 2005 17:24
Cellbloc, you must be as old as me.

Lon
Infinint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 08:23
Can we see some of your work?
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 16:51
@Lon:

Yeah, it hurts my heart when I see these teens trying to make games, with all their hopes and dreams without limitation...

But unfortunately they don't yet grasp the reality of the situation.

I wish I could remember those days. Those were good days.

I wish them all luck.

-This...is my boomstick!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 17:30
devild0g,

and others are correct - making a "real game" is a long, arduous task - beyond the capability of most individuals - small teams even.

A modern commercial title for instance might take more than a single individuals whole working life of available labour hours to make - so a more modest realism is called for.

Teams are good if you can hold them together - which is near impossible, but not always so I'm sure.

I have been making a game based on the same concept since - well computers became available to normal human beings and after making the same levels in differing engines many times. Many discarded I now have 6 levels made with A6 commercial on hold and I am now at the stage of having only 3 partly constructed levels made with FPSC - this for various reasons - usually as the tools wont do the job I want them to do. (always blame the tools).

If you want to make an quality original title with FPSC using much of your own content then its going to be a very slow job as its not really a very productive tool in that situation as it was never designed to be so.

Even with unlimited effort making a pro game - its not an easy task, there are many pitfalls and obstacles to overcome not least of all needing help from others.

I wish everyone success in their ventures.

the graphic man
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there, i am 16. i absolutely love the idea of game creating, but my best aspect is drawing. i have been drawing all my life. if u do need someone to help create game concepts i would be most willing. i do however have a time situation as i am currently a student. i will help draw weaponary, costumes, and much more. im up for a challenge and hope that i can be of some assistance. i do also have experience with fpsc and i own fpsc v1. so if you want to contact me my email address is thegraphicman@hotmail.com

p.s. would there be a wage for the work or is it entirely volentary.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 19:08:26
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 19:08:26