Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / for those of you with DarkMatter...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to change the axis of airplane H-Jet Fighter-Move, which is located in the Dark Matter\Models\x\vehicles\Jer Fighter (i think...), and I know to change the axis you need to rotate it and then fix the pivot...I want to rotate it so that...
The plane moves in the direction the nose is facing...
What rotations must I do to fix the pivot?
(this might take allota time to figure out)
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 01:20
Use:

That'll work. Then you can use the joystick or whatever with the roll pitch and yaw commands to turn it about, and move object to move it. Nicely!

Hey, when I tried that with minimal code, the plane was all red and black, lit from underneath. I don't know if that's right, but it looked cool! (not relevant)

I find most models when first loaded face backwards. If you use that it should work most times.
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll give it a shot but the angles don't bother me...its the internal axis that bothers me...I can rotate it and all but i need the axis go in the direction of the nose...i'll give it a shot...

TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
I used that but I just don;t know HOW MUCH to rotate it...The Y axis works fine but the X and Z axises are out of tune...

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 23:09
Hmm... when I load the model and rotate it 180 degrees in y, the model works perfectly, you can steer it about with the joystick and it will fly in the right direction.

You can try changing the other axes, using xrotate and zrotate, but fix object pivot every time you perform a rotation to get it right. The model is most likely to be rotated in angles multiples of pi by 2, so try rotating by 90, 180 or 270 with each axis. Keep trying and eventually you'll get it right.
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
I a such a fool...but you learn from your mistakes no? What i did wrong was rotate the axises...non-relativly! I changed my code to use the free flight commands and wala! I barly fixed the pivot! Let it be al lesson to you all...use free flight commands!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:20:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:20:12