Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can i change the skydome ??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 17:30
i wanna change the skydome (cause the default is pretty ugly ... sry ) i already have one made but i do not know where to put it
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2005 23:58
skybank...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 00:08
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am gonna die from laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! srry errion, even though you registered today, i am verrrrry deeply sorry, but i just thought i was kinda obvious. srry again, lol, srry. ya bullshock is right

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 12:13
hey im pretty new to game makin. my friend an i just wanna make a lil game, modelling an that stuff are no problems but itst up to me get to know to work with the FPSCreator ...
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 13:19
hey im pretty new to game makin. my friend an i just wanna make a lil game, modelling an that stuff are no problems but itst up to me get to know to work with the FPSCreator ...

the mean question is how do i change the old to the new one ??
my new one is in the skybank already
ironjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 00:34
Why are people mean to others asking questions...?

Ya', maybe its simple, and even in the manual, but if you're going to take the time to respond, write something that will help...

We're all in this together you know...

P4 2.5 ATI 9700 pro
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 16:13
sry but i dont found it in the manual thats why i ask in the forum
madhouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 01:35
gosh zero...dont be so quick to judge.

By the way..I found this string in the forum thought it might help

[href]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48993&b=23

relax - in a 100 years who's gonna care
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 01:42
i did help...the skybank is where you put your sky boxes...

thats exactly what he asked, and thats exactly what i answered.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 02:25
Quote: "Why are people mean to others asking questions...?"

Oh how I wish I could answer that in a short post...impossible.

Anyway...

To change the Skycube, follow these steps:

1. Go to 'File' then click 'Build Game'.
2. Click the 2nd tab from the left labeled 'Level Settings'.
3. Click the 2nd button from the top-right labeled 'Edit' (Global Script).
4. In the 2nd category labeled 'Level Setup' click in the white-box area to the right of 'Sky'. Once you click inside that area, you'll see a little browse-to button with 3 little dots. Click that button and browse to one of the 5 skycube folders.
5. Inside each folder are subfolders. Click on one of the sub folders and look for the .x file. Select that file to apply that skycube.

NOTE: There is a preview button at the bottom of the setup wizard window that will allow you to get a 360 view of the skycube you just chose.

Also note that the skycube you choose here will become the default each time to make a new game, so you'll have to follow the steps again to change it back or to another skycube.

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 02:29
I think GOD has a 800 number now...

SkyCubes is the person to listen to on this subject, he's developed a few SkyBoxes for FPSC at a resonable price.

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 03:32
You have something you need to get off your chest?

--formally FPSCreators--

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 03:55
hey madhouse.... if you didnt notice i said sorry a bunch of times.. and he didnt take it offensively(<< wich is good ) and if you think you were helping, madhouse, by just simply linking to what someone else made : any way it doesnt matter madhouse jeeze...... listen to SkyCubes

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
madhouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 17:59
Zero - I didn't claim to have written it. I was just trying to help him out. Guess I won't make that mistake again

relax - in a 100 years who's gonna care
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 12:11
@ SkyCubes: thx a lot (the one post that i needed, instead of the others, maybe except Bullshock)
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 13:50
My skydome is a .tga file, the .X file i load in the FPSC (i took a default and changed it to my needs) references to .tga files too. But in the folders of the defaults there are .dds files
The question is where are the .tga ´s the .X files are pointing to ??
(so i can put my .tga ´s there)
And do i need a special resolution ? (512x512 or 128x128 for example)
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 16:27
errion,

You can convert your.tga files to .dds easily with the free DDS Converter 2.1.

Here is the link:

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412

--formally FPSCreators--

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 17:12
just forget about it madhouse

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Just read the FPSC manual .

† Evil Inside † Benzin Software
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 01:59 Edited at: 7th Oct 2005 02:00
Quote: "Just read the FPSC manual "

Or ask for help on the forum, whose two-fold existance is only for:

A. Sharing ideas
B. Asking for and getting help

As hard as it is sometimes, you have to try and ignore the rest of the giberish and elitism .

--formally FPSCreators--

errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 11:45
i use the dds converter already ...
but i mean in the .X file there are tga files listed (i tryed to copy it (X file) like its in the default ones and change (in the X file) the names of the files so that the X file uses my tga files)
as that did not work i changed my tga files (with dds converter) to dds files, but it still aint work

*this signatur is temporariliy out of order*
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
errion is my pal, and we want to do a game together. What he wanted to say is: We went to the skybank, made our own sky modell and sky texture, and tryed to use it via the "build game dialog". We have been able to select our modell and texture, but it did not show up. So, we thought, maybe some of the specifications of our model are not what FPS expects, so since a sky is noting but a sphere, we replaced the model in our "my_sky" folder with a copy of one of the skys which come along with FPS creator. Then we put our textures into that very same folder and edited the X file of the sky with an text editor and changed the names of the used textures into the names we used (textures are 512x512 tga format) ... Result: blank sky.
So, what we need to know is the following: Do the sky textures need to have a certain resolution? The original X files of FPS skys are reffering to tga files, but along with the model in the folder there are .dds files, why? Do we need to put our tga files into another folder as well, so that the .dds files can access them? (like it is with the segments, where the .X file of the segment mesh needs to be in the mesh bank).
Anyway ... and now something to all the "RTFM" guys out there: Rest assured, we did so, more than once. However, certain things in FPS are not as easy as it seems, especialy if you really want to customize your stuff in order to make a game, which looks "original" and not "out of the can". And the information given here, in this very thread, are not lost. We reflect on input and also try to help again in other treads ...

Imagination rules!!!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 01:51
When you save your .DDS image files, and you are going to use an altered .x file from one of the original FPSC skycubes, you need to follow the same naming conventions used in the orignal files.

What that means is that your .DDS image files must all follow this naming scheme:

***_F.dds
***_L.dds
***_R.dds
***_B.dds
***_D.dds
***_U.dds

Where '***' is the name of your file--3 characters long.

If you want longer file names, then you have to alter the .x file appropriately. The easist way is to simply use 3 character file names.

You .x file and the folder wher ethe files reside need to follow a similar scheme, using the same 3 character name as your .DDS files. So for example it would like this if your custom skycube was called 'spc':

Folder:
Spc

.x File
spc.x

DDS Files
spc_F.dds
spc_B.dds
spc_L.dds
spc_R.dds
spc_U.dds
spc_D.dds

Note: You don't need the .TGA files in the skycube folder. The only files you need are the .x file and the 6 .dds files for a total of 7 files.

--formally FPSCreators--

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 18:14:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 18:14:02