Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Trial causing lag and device failures?!??! 3:[

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 04:14
I am using the 30-day trial of FPS Creator to determine wether or not i want to buy it. I have opened the program a total of 3 times, twice my computer froze and i recieved a message stating "Windows has recovered from a device failure. Please save your work and reboot the computer" and the color was all distorted and grainy. And the one time it worked, it was quite sluggish and laggy, and had a high delay. Any insight to why this would happen would be greatly appreciated. For now i have uninstalled the demo to save filespace.

Dude
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 04:25
OMG!!! YOU DOWNLOADED THE FPSC VIRUS!!!!

you were supposed to download the trial...NOT THE VIRUS!!!!!

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
the chode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 05:06
...what...you better be f**cking kidding me...

Dude
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 05:12
lol...just kidding...what are your specs?

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Dark Merlin Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
lol that was funny,

i think ur computer and graphics card might just be lower than the recommended requirements
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 14:19
Might be a good idea to defrag your hard drive, ensure you have plenty of space free (at least 20% of capacity) and finally check it for errors.

If it's not your graphics card it'll be your hard drive at fault.

Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never known anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had - Sir Bobby Charlton
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 15:19
Basically you are probably just not meeting the minimum specs in some way - probably your graphics card - OR you have some hard drive issues.

However if you are well within the recommended spec, have plenty of hard drive space and a high spec graphics card, then its almost certainly a small portion of your hard drive causeing the crash, with corrupt or bad sectors. Run disk checking utilities to scan and defrag the disk, and if theres too many problems, you may need to format it and re-install windows, otherwise you may find other programs will cause these kind of errors in the future.

HOWEVER don't panic - its unlikely, because you siad you got it to work a third time, but it was very sluggish and laggy. Because of this I'm 99% sure you're just not meeting the recommended spec. In my opinion the minumum ones are a little tto low anyway, even on a decent pc frame rates are still slower and lag more than most professional games - I tend to get 30fps whereas on DoomIII and halflife2 I can sometimes get nearly triple that...

Either way its not the fault of the trial as such, its the fact that you're trying to get your computer to do something a little too complicated for it, and that can make it run out of memory or even overheat, and if so Windows will usually freeze and your pc may even shut down to protect itself. It won't do any Major damage.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 21:53
Quote: "It won't do any Major damage."

unless you downloaded the FPSC virus

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 17:11
Shut up, Bullshock 2

Come to the third DarkBasic Pro Sci Fi Con - Be there and be square
Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 23:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 23:24:54