Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 2 way teleporters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 15:33
i wanna have an teleporter were ic an go, for example, through tele1 and come out tele2
a forward backward teleporter
ive already changed the IfUsed property but it still aint work
errion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 13:33
thx
the next thing is then if its possible to make invisible teleporters (i think so, will try it later the day) so i can put the OUT (invisible) in front of the IN (so that i do not spawn directly in the teleporter, cause when i do so i will be teleportet back like u said(the loop thing)) but i wanna have only two teleporters which are some kind of forth and back (this is so cause of the story of my game u got to get back later in the lvl and i want that u use the teleporter u came with)
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 20:11 Edited at: 12th Oct 2005 20:13
errion,

Making teleports that are invisible won't be a problem. I have also wanted to have omni-directional teleportation. While this is not literally possible, there is a work-around to give the illusion of being able to travel back and forth using only one set of teleport pads:

Create two sets of teleports (Ain, Aout; Bin, Bout).

2. Ain and Bin are visible. Aout and Bout are invisible. Place Ain and Bin where you wish the teleports to be in the level. Place Bout in close proximity to Ain, and Aout in close proximity to Bin.

3. When player travels :::::::poof!:::::: he will see the only the single teleport, and will believe that is where he exited. Very convincing illusion.

I hope this helps you in your endeavors.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:49:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:49:17