Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Custom screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I build my game I would like to make a custom menu. Is there a way I can do that in FPSC somehow?

-Thanks
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 06:02 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 01:52
hey, if you got to page 65-68 of the manual...i took the time to look it up, you should find complete instructions on how to do it.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 06:49 Edited at: 29th Sep 2005 17:14
I'm guessing in the amount of time it took you to reply with that IQ-of-65-generated drivel, you could have looked up the page number and said "Go to page 65-68 of the manual".

Just a guess though

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 22:28 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 01:55
why should I... I told him the pages, isn't that enough? I think that it is INSULTING that you demote me for refering him back to the manual, why don't you ADD to the thread, not flame it

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 22:55
Quote: "why should i..."

That's the whole point, isn't it? The joy of a forum is you have a choice to reply or not reply. No one is forcing you to read or reply to posts. You make a choice to do either every time you login.

If you do reply to a post, you get to make another choice. You can choose to be helpful (i.e. the whole friggin point of a forum like this one), or you can choose to act like an adolescent jackass. A solid community is built on people who choose to be friendly and helpful.

Some possible reply options for you in this scenario:

1. Read but don't reply, either because your disgusted by the post, you don't know the answer, or you just don't have time to help.

2. "No problem. You'll find the answer to that on page X of the manual".

3. "I don't have time to walk you through it now, but if you do a search in the forums for X keywords, you'll find an answer."

All of which, by the way, would have taken the same or less time to write that your response did.

But hey, you don't have to take any advice from me. Again, the choices are all yours to make.

--formally FPSCreators--

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 23:23 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 01:53
ok...you win...your smart...im not...i just dont get it...

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 01:35
My heaviest *SIGH*

Some people just don't get it

--formally FPSCreators--

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 01:47 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 01:49
Hey!!! It's you...
I forget who you are...
What are you yelling at other fourm members for...

That is NOT nice.

I sincerly hope that you lighten your attitude, it doesn't bode well for some one as prestigious as you were.

P.S. Open C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame

those all all the menu screens, most the rest is easy if you read the fpis (use FPI EDITER or NOTEPAD)

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Dwayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh thanks for the input. I was so anxious to dive into the game building process I only got to page 41 I think
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 03:33
Good Grief.

--formally FPSCreators--

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 23:21:39
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 23:21:39