Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / my tools... to raven and other guys ;)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2003 23:30
My worlds have to be vast open spaces so i think that bsp are not good for that.. sorry for my extreme ignorance bur what is a UV world and how I create one? by de way what is the bsp editor that u use to make bsps to use in darkbasic?

Thaks in advance,
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey fallen,

hopefully I am the other guy, so I will tell you that you can create bsps with same editors you can find for Quake 3 (Quake 2 I am not sure, but I think)

I am not sure about UV world, so somone else may help you with that.

Cheers.

Current Project:

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 06:39
wow, there is a whole lot of ignorance in this post.

If you want to find a reliable BSP editor, you have to buy one.

UV referes to texturing, and nothing else.
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 14:57
if you want a bsp editor and don´t want to buy one there is one called qoole99 it is very simple and still have some buggs but I am using it and are very satisfied with it, you can build levels for all the games that uses the q2 engine

(the editor isn´t free but only use the old friend kazaa and you will find a serial that makes the qoole99 to be regisred version

You never fails, only make mistakes.
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 15:02
Raven Vegeta made an updated version of Qoole, called Qoole XP. Its somewhere on this forum
http://http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/forum/

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 15:41
-wow, there is a whole lot of ignorance in this post

Maybe was he talking about UW design's 'visible worlds' editor no?

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 21:53
no
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 23:04
i was tlking about UV Worlds ... Underware Visual Worlds, thats what Kev called them in his post.

check the Beta/Finished Applications threads for UV Worlds from Underware Design - it is effectively a compiler, which will take an ordinary DirectX world and compile it to a uvw map which is capable of being used as a level using the plugin .dba

i did mention to Kevin that because no one was actually following to closely about what it is, that perhaps he should make an editor for it - so i'm unsure if ones in development or not, you'd have to ask either Kev or Kohai - but its like a page or two into the Applications or Beta forums.

As for QooleXP - don't touch it, its very tempermental - you can only save .map format and it claims to fail on exporting Quake2 maps (even though it actually works)
and i've recently found a bug within the camera movement, got piss'd off with it and threw it in the trash (well recycling bin)

i'll have finished up Roses stuff by Sunday, and KG's network stuff (plus animations)

then you'll see a new Editor from my DarkBasic Pro - UIS
i've got some basic stuff working, but as i want to redevelop my own simpler map format it'll look like only fmtBSP will be the first viable format to be exported ... perhaps Quake/Quake2 but don't expect anything outstanding.

really i can't wait for Hubdule to finish his Source Protector thingie - cause then i can release functions and not worry about people stealing my format

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 23:21
It's called Visible Worlds and you can find it here:
http://www.underwaredesign.com

see "Latest Release" section.

Ogres have layers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:23:09