Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to know if their are -any- FileIO commands in FPSC.

I've attempted searching the forums but no one has asked this question.

FileIO for those who have no idea, is the stream for reading and writing to/from files.

With it, a save game command could easily be scripted, as with load. Along with many other neat things.

Head of Seilênos
http://www.seilenos.ca
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 00:49
Here is a Fire Extinguisher... you are gonna need it.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 00:51
take my flame proof jacket...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 00:57
you might want this shotgun too... just in case things get too ugly....

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
And here is my spare. And no fileIO, if you looked in the manual..........

I ALWAYS wear my flame proof jacket.......just in case.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 04:30
lol... everyone protecting new commer i love watching this stuff

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
buns
Years of Service
User Offline
Erm - hang on a mo, he may well have read the manual, thus searched the forums, I think file IO is a relavent request, looking past just simple file operations, what about hardware IO access in a future release?
This would open up an avenue to build add-ons for games in the form of buttons, lights etc, thus enhancing gameplay.

It really puts me off posting to these forums, as I do feel it's very noob unfriendly, I have been reading these forums for months before I joined and amazed at the cliquey attitude.
Some users could do with lightening up a bit, and start helping out, after all that is what a forum is for. </rant mode off>
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 15:45
@buns, Good for you. I'm not sure that hardware IO is on the cards, because of all the different combinations of user platform.

@iceViper, keep'em coming!

All of the rest of you guys, how about backing off a little?
There is nothing wrong that I can see with the original suggestion. It's ideas like this that will advance FPSC. This addition would take the onus from Lee (who has a lot of other tasks to concentrate on) and passes it to you, and that means you may get it a little sooner.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 23:02
Uhh... IanM did you check the fourm title?

Besides, he was asking if it existed.

On-top of that, it is more fun to arm him.
I wish I had a flame proof jacket...

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Here Merranvo, I have a lot, ya know, a whole stock. (I think it's like 146 now?)

I ALWAYS wear my flame proof jacket.......just in case.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 02:18
Well, you can borrow from my secret stash of iv-propane I have been working up (10^10^10 and counting).

iceViper
Years of Service
User Offline
Alot of junk posts.....

So far, I received one response as to "no file IO, go read the manual.". However, if you go read the manual you will realize FileIO is not mentioned, which does not mean it doesn't exist. I'd love to hear an answer from someone who is actually developing FPSC, rather then someone who is less then willing to help out a fellow community member. The manual, just like FPSC might not of been completed with all the features...especially when a scripting language is involved....

I'd also like to note, I have a bounty on the inventor of the creator of the slang, "newb/noob". Anyone who goes back in time and kills him, will be rewarded 6,000,000,000$ Dollars*.

*To be given to you in the year 6540588404858585.

If it's not in the engine at all, well then that's all I need to know.

@All
- If I seem a little harsh, don't look at it that way...except the killing of the creator of that damm word. I'm serious about that. *grins evilly*
- I'd also like to see you all try running a game creation tool forum. *winks* You get much worse questions then what I've presented hear. (Mine was at least valid. *sticks tounge out*)

Head of Seilênos
http://www.seilenos.ca
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 23:35
Quote: " Alot of junk posts....."

Yes indeed.

@Everyone else
The point I was making was that it was a valid question, a good suggestion for a future addition to FPSC, and that you should think a little before starting to rip someone apart. It wouldn't hurt you at all to be a little more tolerant.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 00:59
merranvo started it...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 07:08
Just a humble opinion...
If this were a beauty parlor forum, there would be makeup. If this were a construction forum, some sort of cement of concrete...
But this is First Person Shooter forum, so I would suppose that the product itself inspires to fight, shoot, defend. Protect your partner, That is the spirit!
As a comparison, on the truevision3d forum I asked just once for when the new version will be ready, and I receive close to a hundred angry posts defending the developers and asking me not to bother with my stupidity and just wait. That is a violent forum. Think they are some sort of russian guys from the cold war. Really.
So, I see no harm from the above funny comments.

May the 3d force B with U

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:53:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:53:49