Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Coming Soon: SkyCubes Store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:07
In the next few weeks I will be opening my new site/store called SkyCubes (www.skycubes.com). I’ll be opening with five (5) different skycube packs. Each pack will contain six (6) highly detailed skycubes (512x512) for use in FPS Creator V.1 games. Each pack will come with an installer package that will place the skycubes directly into your FPSC directories, making it extremely easy to install and use.

Pricing and licensing will become available when the site opens. Both will be very generous to be sure. I will be using PayPal as the exclusive payment source.

Here is a list of the first five (5) skycube packs that will be available on opening day:

I. Alien Skies Pack I
Six (6) skycubes with a variety of strange scifi colors and atmosphere for use in your scifi games.

II. Crater Surface Pack I
Six (6) skycubes with various cratered and alien-looking planet terrains for use in your scifi games.

III. Space Pack I
Six (6) skycubes featuring various space scenes including nebulas, planets, etc.

IV. Urban Areas Pack I
Six (6) skycubes featuring highly detailed buildings, cityscapes, ruins, and more.

V. Desert Wilderness Pack I
Six (6) skycubes featuring various desert terrains with colorful skies.

Each skycube on the site will feature a panoramic still view and a QuickTime VR view so you can see exactly what it will look like in your game before you purchase.

The link below provides a sample in QTVR from the Urban Areas Pack I.

http://www.skycubes.com/Urban1.mov

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
A question regarding 'Urban Areas Pack I': ¿is there any skycube with high skyscrapers included in the pack? (I mean, very high buildings).
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:26
Not planned at this time. However, I will add it to my list of possible future skycube packs. I may decide to do a complete Skyscraper Pack. We'll see how it goes.

--formally FPSCreators--

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:32
I'm not quite sure what I am looking at. This looks a lot like my current FPSC game I am working on.

In this MOV, what are you providing?

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:36
The MOV is simply a QTVR representation of what the skycube will look like in a FPSC game. It's a sample. This is an Urban skycube, similar to the one provided in FPSC found under WWII/CTY.

Does that answer your question?

--formally FPSCreators--

Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
The skycube looked pretty nice, but as a explorer, i was more interested on what was behind all of the houses...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:08
I think so. Are you telling me that buildings are NOT in the Skybox correct?

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:17
No, the buildings are in the skycube. I guess I don't understand what you are asking. Again, this particular skycube is similar to the one provided in FPSC (WWII/CTY) where there is a city with buildings as the backdrop.

--formally FPSCreators--

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:19
No, I'm lost, but that's my own fault. Thanks anyways.

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:21
If you create a quick game in FPSC, go to the Build settings and click on the Global Script, you can select the Sky that I'm referring to. You'll find it under Skybank/WWII/CTY. Test play the game with that skycube and you'll see what I mean.

--formally FPSCreators--

Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:27 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 21:27
Can you post more screenshots of the packs?

BTW, how much will each pack cost? Didn't mention that ...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:34
@SkyCubes:

Now THAT made sence. I thought that is where you were going but your example shows you in the middle of a road. If your example showed a wider open space, I would have understand it more.

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 23:06:41
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 23:06:41