Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Painting just floors...doesent really work, it still changes the texture of existing walls

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it not possible to have a floor texture that is different? meaning, lets say I take the detention center segment, and paint a room. Next, I select the lab segment, and say floors only. when I paint the floor, it changes the walls to the lab center (whenver a wall touches the ground, meaning the center of the room it works fine). Is this supposed to be like this? If not, Mods, move this to the bug forum.

Thanks.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 22:52
I believe you need to look at the tutorial where it talks about "Internal" and "External" painting.

In the PDF, it's page 15 of the Manual (Or page 30 actually printed on the Manual).

Please let me know if that helps you.

-This...is my boomstick!
JohnnyR
Years of Service
User Offline
Doh...it says it right htere...you can't mix and match. Thanks cellbloc.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 23:11
Not a problem. Glad it was a help.

-This...is my boomstick!
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 23:18 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 23:19
But you can take the floor without taking the room I think in the room section off the resources, you have the floor than without having to press F for the floor of a room (if you understand me). Didn't try it though...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 00:44
One of the many advantages of Merranvo's Free-Segment Pack... currently .01£

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
JohnnyR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 01:11 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 01:14
And I can get that...where? I went to your site...didn't see anything about a segment pack...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 01:40
Yeah... I'll get it up, but I have only goten the Chatteu Segs done

I am mainly just tearing the walls out of the room segments, and making them so that they can be placed any where. Also providing "Perfect" walls (which have the inside mesh on both sides) and the floors that are in the corridors. I think they might be causing a poly drain some where (or mabey it is because I tend to make big rooms with them) and they will delete if you place a floor at the other side. but you can always put them back. The floors also include the roof segment of the corridors (on the bottom) They really make it easier, but you can't place doors or walls in them. For that I tend to simply use the corridor associated with the thing.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 02:16
I noticed that too. When I use my own segments, FPSC seems to run faster and no lag.

This is my no means a slam against Simon, who had to create a whole lot of them, but I believe that a few slipped by him that are causing leaks.

-This...is my boomstick!
JohnnyR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 02:54 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 02:54
A question for you guys that are making your own segments...where are you getting the textures? making them yourself, downloading?
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:02
Textures are easy to come by, I am not a graphics artist, but I can find what I am looking for. Or other people have it... I have work ahead for me... sorting though our now overcrowed models section, and asking for model hosting...

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:14 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 03:17
Where am I getting my textures? I usually do it in this order:

1) Search for them on the internet
2) Make them in Photoshop
3) Digital Camera

Like if I wanted a spaceship hull, I would find a 50 gallon drum somewhere, take a couple digital images of it, bring it into Photoshop, add some lines, shapes to it and walla!

The great thing about a digital camera and photoshop is that you don't have to have a ounce of artist talent in order to make some gripping textures.

-This...is my boomstick!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:29
unfortunatly, I don't have a dig camera, and I have a lower version of PhotoShop.

Dark Merlin Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
lol i hav photoshop cs2 so textures are no problem to me

and with the floor thing,
i copied all the segment models entities and stuff from the segment editor folder (it doesnt seem to open ones not in its folders) and got rid of the walls of the segments and changed it to an overlay

tht lets u mix and match em
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
(Just a thought) Maybe you can retexture the back side of the wall sagment and place it so that the back side is pointing to the inside of rhe room...And then place only the floor you want inside (not the whole sagment, I think you press F for that according to chimera, I usually go in the menu for it....)

STOP LOOKING AT MY STUPID SIGNITURE!!! So youre still loking, huh?..... STOP IT! I could'nt think of anything better!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 23:05:20
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 23:05:20