Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC wiped completley out due to viruses... nothing made it out alive *sob*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 18:53
Hey, awhile ago our computers came down with extreme virus problems, in the end, they stopped working and we had to delete everything on them to get rid of the problem. I had two tgc programs, FPSC V1 and Treemagik G2, I can re-download the programs, but everything I made is... gone *sob* all the hard work making new segments, the days outside trying to make texture packs... and it's all gone *looks up at the sky* what have I done to diserve this??

Anyways, before this problem came about I found a program on Download.com that let you restore files that were deleted due to crashes and acidental deletion, however, I really don't want to download it incase it has adware/spyware on it, but I was wondering if anyone else have seen any programs that would help me in my state of gloom (i.e. get me back my files.)?
Yours Sadly,
-Sunflash... a now humbler badger... with a bigger mace... to fight off all the viruses.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 20:19
That sucks! Dude, if Download.com has it, it's probobly safer than sleeping in the same county as me .

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:27
uhh... Can't talk here... Software not mine...

First off, if you reinstalled windows, you're dead, sorry. Reinstalling windows generally over writes the FAT so you can't really separate data from data.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:30
I used a program called "GoBack", then Symantec bought them out. Another really great program is called Norton Ghost. I usually ghost all my drives on a network every 2-3 days.

-This...is my boomstick!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 21:38
Symantic Ghost, but yeah...
You shouldn't constantly Ghost... Ghosting is for making a base drive, say you install everything you have (NOT games) and then ghost the drive (Don't install SP2 either) if your desktop dies you have a way to restore everything to working condition.

But you should just get a file mover, and get a flash drive.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2005 15:55 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2005 16:00
yeah, I'm going to get a like... 5 GB flashdrive. I love flashdrives!

darnit! Now I really wish I would have been nice and released my Redwall segment packs WAY ahead of time... same with all FOUR of mt texture packs. Let it be a lesson to the lot of you, if you make somthing good, share it!

Yeah Merranvo, I have reinstalled Windows, but just for the sake of knowing... whats the FAT thing you were talking about? It might be useful to know in the future.

I wouldn't have been able to save my files anyway, the virus we had made it so when you started up the computer, it would create a "Problem" which made the computer reboot to try and fix it. And low an' behold, when the computer got back to the login stage, it did the same thing. It was sort of a continueing loop. I hate loops.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-08 23:21:08
Your offset time is: 2024-07-08 23:21:08