Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Animating Entities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 20:27
I created a simple animation for a rolling ball, saved to an .x file, textured it and brought it into FPSC...which is where I am stuck.

How do you script animated entities? I have tried to dissect the switch and door scripts, since they are animated...I have tried proximity scripts, zones, and even "press enter to roll ball" scripts, and I can't the animation to show up in the test game. I have the animation included in the FPE (frame 0,30). Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 22:30
thats all you need to do, change the animation numbers in the fpe...if that doesnt work...then something is wrong.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 22:47
I could never get it to work

Do you have a sample FPE I could look at or help with scripting one that you know works? Thank you

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 00:29
do this...copy the Use door script, change its name, then change the animation frames number to that of your object.

then open the editor, place your new object, right click and set its script to the one you changed, make sure static is set to "no"

then test game, when you go up to your object, it should prompt you...then press enter to watch your animation.

P.S...i cant really give you a script that works, you would need a model to acompany it. but the door script works =)

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 08:13
I finally got it sorted out...

FPSC didn't like the .x files exported from 3DS Max with the exporter I was using. The animations were missing, and would not show up. I tried a different one, and everything is working now

Thanks for the input

YourDoom
Years of Service
User Offline
LostSoul54:

What exporter did you end up using? I'm right behind you on this. I'm using TrueSpace 6.5 to export my animation as a .x but can't get it to work in game.
Chris D
Years of Service
User Offline
Which modeller & exporter did you use, & with what export settings???
( I have this problem too )
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 11:32
make sure 'animmax' is not set to zero.

Mike
LostSoul54
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 17:16 Edited at: 4th Oct 2005 17:16
I am using 3DS Max v7, and was using the Panda exporter, which wasn't working for me. I had another .x exporter listed in the export dialog, I am not entirely sure which one it is, possibly installed with the DirectX 9 SDK, but it works.

I have also exported as a .3ds, and converted with the DirectX conversion utility(included with the SDK) and used Deep Exploration to save to .x...both are working very well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:05:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:05:35