Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Turn off lights in order from Trigger Zone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 18:59
Has anyone tried something similar to this as to give me a head start on it?

I have four dynamic lights in a hallway, when the player enters a trigger zone, I want the farthest light from the player to turn off. Followed by a short delay, and then the next closest turns off, and so on, until all lights are off.

I haven't quite come to grips with the .fpi scripting, but I believe I must use timerstart and state functions. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

Thank you

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
One way could be the following:

Place all the lights and call them the same (i.e.: lightGroup), then place the trigger-zone marker and set the 'ifUsed' property to 'lightGroup' (or whatever name you've used).

Finally, you'll have to modify the main script of each light so that once each light is activated, its respective timer starts counting and when the elapsed time reaches the one you want for that specific light, it turns on/off.

Hope you get it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:10:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:10:26