Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator or DarkBASIC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Which do you think is best? If you had to choose between the two which one would you say is the best for making action packed games? I think that FPS Creator would be best, because you can do bothe programming or non programming, some people think that theyre the best game makers because they know dark basic programming, I may not know much about BASIC programming, but I sure do know how to make a brilliant game!
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 19:54
Yeah, FPS Creator is best.

my sing: "I will not make an FPS whit Dark Basic Pro, its impossible to my"
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 19:59
Please remember, FPSC was created using Dark Basic Pro.

-This...is my boomstick!
Tom Thelwall
Years of Service
User Offline
does that matter?
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 20:46
It depends on whether you´re prepered to learn how to program. If you don´t know anything about programming and want to make fps then I´d recommend FPSC as scripting is a sort of programming (The diference between the 2 isn´t much) and you´ll be able to learn the first steps if you ever wanted to start programming.

My signature has been erased by me because it's LARGE.
Thank you for the votez!1!
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 21:01
Yeah, FPSC is created using Dark Basic Pro, by the creator of Dark Basic Pro.
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 01:37
Quote: "It depends on whether you´re prepared to learn how to program"

That is exactly what it depends on, fpscreator is a engine not a language but has scripting. Dbp is a language the big difference is fpscreator makes fps games only, while dbp can be used to create any type of game or app you wish to learn to code.

Fpscreator has scripts that you can edit or write your own that will allow you change or create things you will need to add into the engine however you will only be able to make a fps game with fpscreator.

If your interested in making other types of program such as racing,adventure,action,rpg games or a app such as your own audio player or video player then you would need to learn a programming language then dbp is what you would use or another language.

If your not interested in making anything but fps games and do not want to take the time to learn how to program then go with fpscreator then you can choose if you want to learn the scripting or not as it is not needed to make a basic fps game.

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
I heard DarkBasic Pro was made in FPS Creator which was made with 3D GameMaker.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 04:38
Yea! Witch was made in, in, in... Oh, I know. Gamemaker6!

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 11:17 Edited at: 6th Oct 2005 11:20
DBP Made in FPSC. Yes... the funniest part of that was "FPS Creator which was made with 3D GameMaker". How can you make an entire coding language system superior to DB with a drag 'n' drop program made in DB? I think you meant FPSC (the engine) was maade in DBP. 3DGM was made with DB, the predecessor to DBP.

Anyway, back on track. It really does depend. FPSC is easier and cheaper. It only makes FPSs with limited possibilites. DBP is more expensive and harder to learn, but it can make any genre of game (with much time and patience).

Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:38:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:38:57