Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The new look FSP Creator site goes live.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 06:55
i think it looks really good.. and the user quotes at the top are cool!

Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 06:57
Ya I love the new look

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 08:39
I adore my quote! I've already taken a Screenshot!
You don't get a chance like this to be put on the FPSC website (well, your quote anyway)!

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 08:43
Its really Good. More pretty.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 09:26
Thanks guys - although not the final site we felt the new one we've just launched is much better looking than before, and more fitting with the product. It took me 4 days from start to finish to build the new design and convert the old site over.

Over the next few weeks I'll iron out some small issues and fill it up with content and downloads - so if you've got something you'd like to see on there, submit it to the other thread I made in this forum

Cheers,

Rich

People don't quit playing because they grow old.
They grow old because they quit playing.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 11:01
I just saw my quote! The site looks really cool. Lovin' it! It looks really clean, and the way that it shows an in-game screenshot and a quote on every page is really nice.

Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Bantering Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
The site does look a lot better.

...but a gripe..

It's the price. "£29 + post". The "+ post" is new. What is not mentioned is that it is all ex-vat. I bought the game last night and after giving all my purchase info ended up paying £37.71! I still thought it a good price, but not displaying the true price anywhere until the last screen leaves a bad taste.

I also paid by Paypal, on the button, to be told I would recieve confimation emails and the download link. When nothing arrived I hunted right across the Game Creators site for some order tracking page hidden deep inside my profile, only to be told Paypal orders are processed manually. I'm still waiting, guess they are still in bed.

It would be a lot less dissappointing if all of this was explained upfront. Also, no mention about how long to expect the product to arrive in the post.

...and, while I'm bitchin' away, why can't manuals and tuts be context sensitive and in game, instead of some pdf of a paper manual you have to keep flicking back and forth to? (Perhaps there is in the final game... I haven't got it - see above!..)

Aside from that FPS Creator looks great.

Leo

See my 3D models on my site.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2005 15:11
Quote: "It's the price. "£29 + post". The "+ post" is new."

No it's not. We've always charged shipping.

Quote: "What is not mentioned is that it is all ex-vat"

VAT is included in the price unless you pay via PayPal, all other payment methods include the VAT charge automatically. Someone bought this PayPal issue to our attention the other day, so we're happy to refund anyone who paid via PayPal the VAT portion of their payment (around $8.54) if they contact us directly. In the meantime we'll try and find a way to disable PayPal from automatically adding VAT onto the item.

Quote: "only to be told Paypal orders are processed manually"

ALL orders are processed manually, PayPal or otherwise. All orders are sent an order confirmation from our system instantly, which does tell you how long to wait. What catches most people out is that we send it to your PayPal email address, and for some reason lots of people don't seem to check that.

Your comment about the manual is fair enough though

People don't quit playing because they grow old.
They grow old because they quit playing.
Bantering Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for answering my gripes.

No it's not. We've always charged shipping.
Quote: "

...but 1st time it's mentioned next to the price on the front page of your site.

so we're happy to refund anyone who paid via PayPal the VAT portion of their payment (around $8.54) if they contact us directly"

..and if they don't approach you directly (how?).. you just trouser it! Not fair, though I'm glad to see you are going to try to fix it.

All orders are sent an order confirmation from our system instantly
[email]

I've hunted in all my accounts, but can't find anything.. maybe the internet's going verrry slow round here. My main point is the whole ordering experience has been unecessarily rough so far.

As to the manual.. Like millions of others I'm a member of the GBTB (Great British Thick Brigade) who seem to have a mental blank round computer manuals so anything to make the learning process better is 100% welcomed. I think the problem is that products like FPS Creator are made by brainy people who forget most others are GBTB members. I read an interview of Mr. Bamber who said he was working on some tutorial videos. An excellent idea, these things do work so long as they are not read by what sounds like an American robot with a speech impediment.

P.s. Woah-hey! I just got my VAT back - thanks guys!

Cheers,

Leo

See my 3D models on my site.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:39:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:39:06