Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Importing entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

I've been playing around with the V1 demo for a few weeks and am quite impressed. I'm considering purchasing it to make an entry in my portfolio using my own models. However, I've run into a few problems with importing my own .X models, and would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me. I use Maya 6.5 with the DX SDK .X exporter. Here's what I've done:

- Initially as a test I created a cube and a DirectX material, and assigned a 32 bit, 256 x 256 TGA texture to this material, and the material was then assigned to the cube and UV mapped.
- I then exported the cube with the following settings:
Adjacencies = true
Animation = false
Make relative paths = true
Materials = true
Meshes = true
- I then preview it in the DirectX viewer and it looks fine.
- I then use the method for importing an entity mentioned here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=49738&b=21.
- When I place the entity in the editor, it looks fine, regardless of whether it is dynamic or static.
- However, when I build the game and play the level, if the entity is dynamic, it appears in-game without its texture. Only the static version of the entity retains its correct texture.

So does anyone know how to get entities to appear with their texture when they are placed as dynamic entities?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:43:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:43:50