Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / An Interesting Plot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 00:44
Not sure, but this could be a scripting issue so see what you think.

I'm aiming to create a level that has a "suspicion rating". This means that apon starting the level no enemy entities attack, they are sort of passive. As the player progressess and achieves objectives the "suspicion rating" increases - the enemy entites state moves from passive to cautious and then to attack. The idea being that once all objectives have been achieved the player then has to fight his way to level end.
I'd like to have alternatives whereas there are different "routes" through the level, one that would increase the "suspicion rating" quickly - and one where the rating would stay low meaning the player would avoid attack altogether. Obviously the player wouldn't know the effects of his actions.

I'd like to think this could be achieved in some way through items collected and markers - but not too sure how. I'm going to work on this but if anyone has any ideas, or has heard/read of a way this could be achieved let me know.

I'm missing something, not sure what coz its missing...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:31:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:31:53